Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

Mullinahone win south title by 3 points but that scoreline seemed to flatter Killenaule as they were winning 2-9 to 6 points with 48 mins gone. Drom winning by 6 in the first half of the mid final (Seamie Callanan with a goal) and Eire Og Anacarthy winning the West final by 5 points with 10 mins left.

Edit: Only 2 points in it at half time in the mid final. Upperchurch fighting for their lives.

Eire Og Annacarthy won by 8 in the end. Anyone know whether Johnny Quinn is still playing? He won a west medal aged 49 last year.

Lattin Cullen won the West Intermediate final and Newport won the North Intermediate final with ease.

Drom hang on to win by the minimum. Upperchurch are out

The last 16 are

Winners Roinn I Group 1 Clonoulty
    Winners Roinn I Group 2 Kildangan
    Winners Roinn I Group 3 Loughmore-Castleiney
    Winners Roinn I Group 4 Borrisilleagh
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 1 Templederry
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 2 Killenaule
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 3 Moycarkey
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 4 Burgess
    Winners Roinn II Group 1 Lorrha
    Winners Roinn II Group 2 Kilruane
    Winners Roinn II Group 3 Ballina
    Winners Roinn II Group 4 Thurles Sars
    North Winners Nenagh
    Mid Winners Drom-Inch
    South Winners Mullinahone
    West Winners Annacarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Drom hang on to win by the minimum. Upperchurch are out

The last 16 are
    Winners Roinn I Group 1 Clonoulty
    Winners Roinn I Group 2 Kildangan
    Winners Roinn I Group 3 Loughmore-Castleiney
    Winners Roinn I Group 4 Borrisilleagh
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 1 Templederry
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 2 Killenaule
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 3 Moycarkey
    Runners Up Roinn I Group 4 Burgess
    Winners Roinn II Group 1 Lorrha
    Winners Roinn II Group 2 Kilruane
    Winners Roinn II Group 3 Ballina
    Winners Roinn II Group 4 Thurles Sars
    North Winners Nenagh
    Mid Winners Drom-Inch
    South Winners Mullinahone
    West Winners Annacarthy
    Who do people see as winners at this stage? Borrisoleigh? Drom? Sars?

• Advertisement

Who do people see as winners at this stage? Borrisoleigh? Drom? Sars?

I would think Drom or Nenagh tbh. Sars and Loughmore will be dangerous but both Drom and Nenagh have been setting the pace and look very consistent so far

Taken from talkhurling
    Draw made. Farcical. Repeat of two divisional final meetings

Nenagh v Kilruane
    Kildangan v Lorrha
    Loughmore v Ballina
    Drom v Sarsfields
    Clonoulty v Annacarthy
    Killenaule v Mullinahone
    Moycarkey v Templederry
    Borrisoleigh v Burgess

Drom v Sarsfields the pick of the group.

Id expect Nenagh to win but id imagine they'll have to be cautious with Kilruane. Kildangan will see off Lorrha with little trouble.

Loughmore, Drom (narrowly), Annacarthy, Mullinahone, Moycarkey, and Borrisileagh to also advance.

Draw should have been controlled though to avoid repetitiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Taken from talkhurling

Nenagh v Kilruane
    Kildangan v Lorrha
    Loughmore v Ballina
    Drom v Sarsfields
    Clonoulty v Annacarthy
    Killenaule v Mullinahone
    Moycarkey v Templederry
    Borrisoleigh v Burgess

Id expect Nenagh to win but id imagine they'll have to be cautious with Kilruane. Kildangan will see off Lorrha with little trouble.

Loughmore, Drom (narrowly), Annacarthy, Mullinahone, Moycarkey, and Borrisileagh to also advance.

How was that draw made? Was it completely open? I assume it must have been and if so, I agree, mad not to have some kind of seedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

At least we have a team from the South The Next Round.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

nenagh will win that handy enough I'd say...

• Advertisement

dirtyden wrote: »
    How was that draw made? Was it completely open? I assume it must have been and if so, I agree, mad not to have some kind of seedings.

Yeah i think it was Division winners v Roinn I runners up and Roinn I winners v Roinn II Winners. Should have been mixed around to avoid this nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Taken from talkhurling

Nenagh v Kilruane
    Kildangan v Lorrha
    Loughmore v Ballina
    Drom v Sarsfields
    Clonoulty v Annacarthy
    Killenaule v Mullinahone
    Moycarkey v Templederry
    Borrisoleigh v Burgess

I'd go with:

Nenagh v Kilruane
    Kildangan v Lorrha
    Loughmore v Ballina
    Drom v Sarsfields
    Clonoulty v Annacarthy
    Killenaule v Mullinahone
    Moycarkey v Templederry
    Borrisoleigh v Burgess

I think Killenaule will have too much for Mullinahone, they were missing a heap yesterday.

Clonoulty to overturn yesterday's result, too and Sars to get a bit of revenge vs Drom.

Under 21 team of the year

1. Oliver O’Leary (Wexford)

2. Cathal Barrett (Tipperary)
    3. Liam Ryan (Wexford)
    4. Seadna Morey (Clare)

5. Andrew Kenny (Wexford)
    6. Conor Cleary (Clare)
    7. Jamie Shanahan (Clare)

8. Colm Galvin (Clare)
    9. Eoin Enright (Clare)

10. Jack Guiney (Wexford)
    11. Tony Kelly (Clare)
    12. Padraig Brehony (Galway)

13. Jason Forde (Tipperary)
    14. Conor McDonald (Wexford)
    15. Aaron Cunningham (Clare)

Nominations for the Bord Gáis Energy Player of the Year Award

1. Colm Galvin (Clare)
    2. Aaron Cunningham (Clare)
    3. Conor McDonald (Wexford)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Surprised Barrett didn't get a nomination for player of the year,good to see Jason Forde got on the team of the year,he's a player with great potential for Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

tippspur wrote: »
    Surprised Barrett didn't get a nomination for player of the year,good to see Jason Forde got on the team of the year,he's a player with great potential for Tipp.

Barrett only played one u21 championship game v Clare. He did very well that night, although certainly Cunningham I think it was caused him problems. But hardly enough to be anywhere near the running for player of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'd go with:

Nenagh v Kilruane
    Kildangan v Lorrha
    Loughmore v Ballina
    Drom v Sarsfields
    Clonoulty v Annacarthy
    Killenaule v Mullinahone
    Moycarkey v Templederry
    Borrisoleigh v Burgess

I think Killenaule will have too much for Mullinahone, they were missing a heap yesterday.

Clonoulty to overturn yesterday's result, too and Sars to get a bit of revenge vs Drom.

I can see Drom beating Sars, other than that I'd agree with your selections..

It's weird seeing Toomevara absent but as a Nayna man I won't lose sleep over it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Colin O Riordan nominated for a football all star
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2014/1007/650712-all-star-nominations-champions-kerry-lead-way/

Great to see this. Huge potential in him to go far over next few years

Intermediate Fixtures for the weekend

324421.PNG

Winners play the Group winners in County quarters. These are Galtee Rvrs, Sars, Moyne and Clonakenny.

As a South man im wishing the best of luck to both St Marys and Moyle Rovers and also to St Patricks and Skeheenarinky in the Junior A Championship. Not because i have anything against teams from the other divisions, id just like to see the South teams get stronger as its fair to say South hurling has been pretty much the poor relation over the years. Great county hurlers but a scarcity of great teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Conor Sweeney unlucky not to be nominated?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Conor Sweeney unlucky not to be nominated?

I think so myself. He was excellent this year. Amazing the similarities between himself and Seamie Callanan. Both had so much potential all along without really fulfilling it until this year.

• Advertisement

I see the county board gave the Kerry county champions a walkover due to the fact we are not going to get the Senior championship finished in time :mad:

What a fúcking balls up! Absolute disgrace.

A bit of careful planning at the start of 2014 (allowing for replays, etc) and this shít could have been avoided. Many clubs pride themselves in football in Tipperary and they will be denied the chance of going on to represent the county.

http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/club-championships-2014/

He's joining fine company in Declan Browne

Is there an argument to try Bonnar in midfield? - he's a man who can win dirty ball - catch a ball- protect the defence and run through a half back line - he does have an unreal engine...

Is there an argument to try Bonnar in midfield? - he's a man who can win dirty ball - catch a ball- protect the defence and run through a half back line - he does have an unreal engine...

Would be worth experimenting. He certainly has the legs but id wonder whether he has enough hurling for it. Although i think he might come in useful reading the breaks off the half forwards. Remember that goal he got in the Munster semi of 2012 down on the banks of the Lee? Made an unreal catch in the middle and then found Johno with a peach of a pass before Johno found Lar who then found Noel for the goal.

I remember Reacher put it up on the thread around that time. Here it is again

Yea - I suppose the ultimate argument against is - we're just robbing peter to pay paul again...

We need his presence in the forwards too....

Seamus Hennessy was such a loss...great long range free taker too...an under 21 player of the year - a real leader and winner...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

robbiezero wrote: »
    Barrett only played one u21 championship game v Clare. He did very well that night, although certainly Cunningham I think it was caused him problems. But hardly enough to be anywhere near the running for player of the year.
    Does his performances for the seniors not come into consideration at all.

Yea - I suppose the ultimate argument against is - we're just robbing peter to pay paul again...

We need his presence in the forwards too....

Seamus Hennessy was such a loss...great long range free taker too...an under 21 player of the year - a real leader and winner...

A real loss to Tipperary hurling. I remember his absolute masterclass down on leeside for the u21s back in 2010 and looking at the 20 metre he buried to tie up the game in normal time that night, one would have to wonder how useful he would have proved for the seniors in any of our penalty situations in the final. Brilliant leader too as you said. So so unfortunate and especially after what the poor chap has had to deal with in his personal life which today he does so much good work for (suicide prevention).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Colin O Riordan nominated for a football all star
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2014/1007/650712-all-star-nominations-champions-kerry-lead-way/

Great to see this. Huge potential in him to go far over next few years

Hopefully now Colin O'Riordan will inspire his colleagues to make that extra push that will take us into Division 2 next season and with a bit of extra effort and self belief we can have a couple more nominations for the All Stars next year.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

2015 Munster SHC Draw - Waterford v Cork; Clare v Limerick and winners play Tipperary

• Advertisement

Leinster
    Quarter-finals
    A) Dublin v Galway
    B) Offaly v Group Winner
    C) Wexford v Group runner-up
    Semi-finals
    Qualifier from Group B v Dublin / Galway
    Kilkenny v Qualifier from Group C
    Qualifier group: Laois, Antrim, Carlow, Westmeath.

Munster
    Quarter-final
    Clare v Limerick
    Semi-finals
    Waterford v Cork
    Tipperary v Clare / Limerick

Advertisement