Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Munster Senior Football Championship 2015 draw:

Quarter-Finals:
    Waterford v Tipperary
    Clare v Limerick

Semi-Final:
    Clare/Limerick v Cork
    Kerry v Waterford/Tipperary

Leinster
    Quarter-finals
    A) Dublin v Galway
    B) Offaly v Group Winner
    C) Wexford v Group runner-up
    Semi-finals
    Qualifier from Group B v Dublin / Galway
    Kilkenny v Qualifier from Group C
    Qualifier group: Laois, Antrim, Carlow, Westmeath.

Munster
    Quarter-final
    Clare v Limerick
    Semi-finals
    Waterford v Cork
    Tipperary v Clare / Limerick

A trip to Limerick either way so. That Clare v Limerick game will be a cracker and tbf i think Waterford will come on nicely this year

Kerry again if we beat Waterford :( Open draw my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tipp V Cork Munster final in the hurling would be nice.

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

tippspur wrote: »
    Tipp V Cork Munster final in the hurling would be nice.

Would be great in the Football too ;) !

• Advertisement

Would be great in the Football too ;) !

And its quite possible. This current Kerry team is the most unconvincing all ireland winners that arguably ever was. I dont believe any master tactics won them the all ireland but rather a sloppy error littered Donegal display. Unforced errors at that i might add.

Mayo should have put them to the sword in the semi but they lack the killer edge. They are almost like a GAA version of Frank Bruno (or a football version of ourselves if this years hurling final is anything to go by). They can land the punches, can get a team on the ropes but no killer instinct.

Waterford being a derby shouldnt be taken lightly although i think we are improving and will come through it. Then its Kerry in Thurles if we do. Get a big crowd up for a change and roar the boys on. Kerry have excellent players but I honestly believe we have the beating of them.

Time for Tipp to step up for a change and start believing. If we can close those gaps down the middle next year we will be a force

Although the County board delivered a real hammer blow to football in Tipperary this week. Hurling will always come first in the county i and the majority accept but it really sends out a bad message in terms of promoting football to a certain standard if the county champions arent going to be represented in the Munster championship. Its a disaster to be perfectly honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Think it's fair enough, could easily make a case for the likes of Cathal Barrett, Eoin Murphy, Kieran Bergin, Conor Fogarty and a few others but couldn't argue with Jamesie's selections either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think he's the only pundit that put Shane Mc Grath in centre field in their team of the year,well deserved I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

his pointed solo run in the replay was in with the best this season..

Clonoulty beat Annacarthy in the knockout yesterday i see.

Skeheenarinky v Nenagh Eire Og in the Junior Hurling final. Nenagh beat St Pats yesterday by a goal (although by the sounds of it the St Pats goalie had a great game) and Skeheen beat Kildangan by 2 points. Hoping Skeheen can win and gain promotion especially due to the fact that there is a South team going to be relegated from Intermediate level. Nenagh seem to have a good unit though so it wont be easy for them.

St Marys and Moyle Rovers had good wins in the Inters yesterday over Rockwell Rvrs and Ballinahinch respectively. Newport gave Lattin Gaels a trimming and Arravale also dished out a hammering to Holycross 'B' side

Loughmore dished out an absolute hammering to Ballina, 4-27 to 1-10. How many more one sided games does the county board, divisional boards, and clubs need before they decide to finally bite the bullet and restructure the championship? If truth was known we have two levels packed into senior while Intermediate is in essence the level of Junior A in other counties and Junior A probably the level of Junior B.

Theres a blast from the not so distant past that goaled for Templederry today - Adrian Ryan. He was a terrific prospect at u21 and i think was not given a proper chance under the ill-fated Declan and Tommy regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Club championship really is a joke. Also how are upperchurch out after a terrific performance in the mid final.

Think 16 senior clubs teams is plenty, get the standard up and have a viciously competitive intermediate championship.

These one sided championship games is the reason imo why we have so many "flashy" hurlers on the senior tipp team, devastating when given space but cannot win 50/50 balls.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Club championship really is a joke. Also how are upperchurch out after a terrific performance in the mid final.

Think 16 senior clubs teams is plenty, get the standard up and have a viciously competitive intermediate championship.

These one sided championship games is the reason imo why we have so many "flashy" hurlers on the senior tipp team, devastating when given space but cannot win 50/50 balls.

Give yourself a pat on the back for this post sir because you are spot on. Im hearing non stop sh*te about Conor Kenny who is apparentlu tearing up the North championship since coming down from Kildare. However i seen him get his chance to lay down a marker up in Galway on Paddy's weekend and let alone was he poor but he actually looked disinterested. Unsurprisingly he was hauled off at half time. Scoring 2-2 against Lorrha Dorrha or whoever is one thing but when it comes to the cut and thrust of Senior Intercounty level then its whole different ball game

Upperchurch are out because they finished third in their Roinn I group. The mid final was their last throw of the dice.

The numbers playing does need to down but if there is to be 16 teams in the senior championship it shouldn't be just 16 clubs there should be some sides competing that are divisional sides made up of 3/4 clubs.
    The one sided games are not the reason why there is "so many flashy hurlers".
    A combination side of Ballina/Ballinahinch and Newport would be more than capable of playing senior and each club could still play intermediate/junior depending on how you structure championships
    Give yourself a pat on the back for this post sir because you are spot on. Im hearing non stop sh*te about Conor Kenny who is apparentlu tearing up the North championship since coming down from Kildare. However i seen him get his chance to lay down a marker up in Galway on Paddy's weekend and let alone was he poor but he actually looked disinterested. Unsurprisingly he was hauled off at half time. Scoring 2-2 against Lorrha Dorrha or whoever is one thing but when it comes to the cut and thrust of Senior Intercounty level then its whole different ball game
    Kenny gets a raw deal. He deserved to be looked at and his club performances deserve a look at by county coaches. He may/may not be county standard but deserved to be looked at

As i speak Conor Kenny has goaled for Borrisilleagh :D My post has somehow filtered through to him on the field so he has said 'Fúck you Tipp_Gunner' :)

The numbers playing does need to down but if there is to be 16 teams in the senior championship it shouldn't be just 16 clubs there should be some sides competing that are divisional sides made up of 3/4 clubs.
    The one sided games are not the reason why there is "so many flashy hurlers".
    A combination side of Ballina/Ballinahinch and Newport would be more than capable of playing senior and each club could still play intermediate/junior depending on how you structure championships
    Kenny gets a raw deal. He deserved to be looked at and his club performances deserve a look at by county coaches. He may/may not be county standard but deserved to be looked at

Grand i accept he deserved his chance thats fair enough but despite having been tried there is still noise for him to be recalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Nenagh beat Kilruane 2-14 to 2-8.

• Advertisement

Wins for Nenagh, Templederry, Mullinahone, Loughmore, and Kildangan today with also a very tight win for Burgess over Borrisilleagh 0-21 to 2-14.

Drom currently beating Sars by 6 (42 mins gone).

So the quarter finalists are as things stand

Clonoulty
    Nenagh
    Templederry
    Mullinahone
    Loughmore
    Kildangan
    Burgess
    Drom-Inch

EDIT: Whoa a second goal from Lar Corbett. Only 2 in it now its not over in Semple yet.

GerB40 wrote: »
    Nenagh beat Kilruane 2-14 to 2-8.

Were given a stiff test id say. Only seemed to pull away late.

Wins for Nenagh, Templederry, Mullinahone, Loughmore, and Kildangan today with also a very tight win for Burgess over Borrisilleagh 0-21 to 2-14.

Drom currently beating Sars by 6 (42 mins gone).

So the quarter finalists are as things stand
    Clonoulty
    Nenagh
    Templederry
    Mullinahone
    Loughmore
    Kildangan
    Burgess
    Drom-Inch

EDIT: Whoa a second goal from Lar Corbett. Only 2 in it now its not over in Semple yet.
    Surprised at Borrisoleigh(sic) losing. We were discussing reducing numbers of senior clubs but look at 1/4s and we see 4 clubs from the North and you don't have sides like Toome from the North who normally are at this stage

Jeez we have a frantic finish in Semple. Another Sars goal after drom seemed to be opening up another gap. 1 point in it and ten minutes left :)

EDIT: The sides are level. Sars are back from the dead. Wow what a game :)

Surprised at Borrisoleigh(sic) losing. We were discussing reducing numbers of senior clubs but look at 1/4s and we see 4 clubs from the North and you don't have sides like Toome from the North who normally are at this stage

tbf Burgess arent bad either so id imagine at most there was a puck of the ball at the beginning of this game between the two and so it came to pass. Hard on Borrisilleagh. As for Toomevara, to be fair to them they were never going to keep that side going forever either. They dont seem to be in the running with the youth teams. Amazing that they backboned Tipp not so long ago. Times change though

Sars by three at full time. Wow just wow, what a turnaround. If ever the old adage of goals win games was apt: Were six up but Drom got a last gasp consolation. Jesus what a game it must have been. So unfortunate for Drom to go out because no doubt if they met anyone else they would have been in the mix to the latter end.

Clonoulty
    Nenagh
    Templederry
    Mullinahone
    Loughmore
    Kildangan
    Burgess
    Drom-Inch Sars ;)

Obituary swiftly deleted

the north will never be down for long - Toome dominated for a long time - It's a hurling stronghold

Burgess are savage tough - they like a war - lack a natural forward though - a marquee forward

• Advertisement

Burgess are savage tough - they like a war - lack a natural forward though - a marquee forward
    Murray is a good player and super on the frees. Need someone else to really help him though

Advertisement