Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Hello lads. I'm in Dublin with nothing to do for the day. Since Thurles is an hour away by train and there's two matches on (as well as two tomorrow), is it worth heading down to watch? Do the two games today feature good teams? I wouldn't know a whole lot about club hurling!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Hello lads. I'm in Dublin with nothing to do for the day. Since Thurles is an hour away by train and there's two matches on (as well as two tomorrow), is it worth heading down to watch? Do the two games today feature good teams? I wouldn't know a whole lot about club hurling!

Two very good games today. Tomorrow with Sars v Nenagh is probably the game of the weekend.
    Well worth watching the games today though if you have time to spare. Weather is fairly dry down here now and if rain holds off you should see two cracking games.

Mullinahone win by 1 point AET. Were 8 up with 12 minutes left though. Must have been a thriller. Will give them great confidence in the semi. Eoin Kelly with a tally of 2-7 :)

Clonoulty v Loughmore currently in progress, 1-3 to 5 points Clonoulty ahead according to twitter

Thurles Sars, Moyne, St Marys, and Clonakenny won their intermediate quarters.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Two very good games today. Tomorrow with Sars v Nenagh is probably the game of the weekend.
    Well worth watching the games today though if you have time to spare. Weather is fairly dry down here now and if rain holds off you should see two cracking games.

Thanks for the advice, robbiezero. I went to the games after all. The Mullinahone - Kildangan game was a very exciting contest that got better as it went on. The Kil fightback in the last few minutes of normal time was terrific.

I got the first half of Loughmore's game before leaving at the start of the second half to get an earlier train back to Dublin. Well worth the trip down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Like old times for Eoin Kelly,great stuff from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Who stood out for you?

tippspur wrote: »
    Like old times for Eoin Kelly,great stuff from him.

Stlll a very vital cog in the wheel for Mullinahone but his county days are numbered to be honest. Great to see the other Mullinahone lads are starting to take the burden off him. Micheal Dunne is still a minor and he popped up with 1-3 i believe?

Gar's brother and Tomas Stapleton's brother Brian Staptleon will have to be looked at again for the wing forward roles specially - we need more competition there

Still a vital cog yes but he missed at least three frees, one very pointable and drifted in and out of the game but the moments he had the ball, he was influential, I knew immediately when he was in front of the keeper for the second that it would be a goal, that's Kelly for you.

Also, I don't know how the folks from Loughmore-Castleiney hear a bad word about Noel McGrath, he is very obviously their darling! :D

• Advertisement

Hate to see any player miss a free like that...extra time it is

John Fitzgerald roaring at Aidan McCormack while he took free!! Not a thing anyone likes to see.

The Templederry man Paul Ryan doing the stuff for Nenagh

Co Senior Hurling Championship
    Quarter Final H/T in Extra Time
    Nenagh Eire og 0.18
    Thurles Sarsfields 0.17

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Sounds like a belter.

How are the county players going?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Redser is on...

19-19....as tense as it gets

Cheers for the updates ET. Sounds like a tense encounter if not much in terms of scoring.

And it looks like Aidan McCormack has redeemed himself at the death :)

20-19. Wow. Thurles will fancy their chances now but id imagine would prefer one of Mullinahone or Templederry in the semi. Gutting for Nenagh really who are emerging as a strong force

Pa wins it with a long ranger - 95 yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Loughmore vs mullinahone
    Sars vs templederry

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lough v Sars....would be the obvious choice....but you never know

Pa wins it with a long ranger - 95 yards

Oh it was Pa?

Twitter had said Aidan McCormack

To me - it looked like Pa - actually it probably was McCormack seen as he was taking them all day!!!

Thats a really good article. Some very sound points made there. Hopefully EOS will stay on but hopefully he'll learn from this year and redress the issues that need ironing out.

I don't think the buck just stops with Eamon - personally I think its a two year job at the very least - to bring players on now - especially at wing forward and in the corners - if we're looking to build a team that will last with structures in place and not just win it one year and fade away

I thought the point about Eamon wanting a particular successor but him not being available was very interesting - glad to read that William Maher is being considered

I don't think the buck just stops with Eamon - personally I think its a two year job at the very least - to bring players on now - especially at wing forward and in the corners - if we're looking to build a team that will last with structures in place and not just win it one year and fade away

I thought the point about Eamon wanting a particular successor but him not being available was very interesting - glad to read that William Maher is being considered

Oh absolutely, and its great that we are planning ahead and thinking of successors for a change and not just taking a 'wait and see' attitude. We were left holding our dicks after Liam, Eamon and Michael left in 2010. We seem to have learned from that situation.

Paddy Murphy got three points off Michael Cahill -

Denis Maher got one point.

The hefferans got three points each from play - Michael got a few more frees and a sideline

Padraic Maher made a vital block on Michael Heff preventing a goal in the first half

Aidan McCormack got about 13, about five from play - stand out player - but not a senior county man - under 21 last year

The two Ryans went to town in the earlier game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Paddy Murphy got three points off Michael Cahill -

Denis Maher got one point.

The hefferans got three points each from play - Michael got a few more frees and a sideline

Padraic Maher made a vital block on Michael Heff preventing a goal in the first half

Aidan McCormack got about 13, about five from play - stand out player - but not a senior county man - under 21 last year

The two Ryans went to town in the earlier game

Paddy Murphy was marking Padraic Maher for at least 2 of those points.

Advertisement