Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Maybe so - he still got three though- and off two county men

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Maybe so - he still got three though- and off two county men

Yep. 3 great scores especially the last one which was a cracker. Was impressed with him.

Minor
    2015 Electric Ireland Munster GAA Hurling Minor Championship
    Date Venue Report
    QF 1 Tipperary Waterford Semple Stadium Thurles
    QF 2 Cork Limerick Pairc Ui Rinn
    Play-Off 3 Losers of 1 Losers of 2
    SF 4 Clare Winners of 1 Semple Stadium Thurles or Cusack Park Ennis
    SF 5 Winners of 2 Winners of 3
    Final 12/7
    2015 Electric Ireland Munster GAA Football Minor Championship
    Date Venue Report
    QF 1 Clare Kerry Austin Stack Park Tralee
    QF 2 Cork Limerick Gaelic Grounds Limerick
    QF 3 Tipperary Waterford Semple Stadium Thurles
    Play-Off 1 4 Losers of 2 Losers of 3
    Play-Off 2 5 Losers of 1 Winner of 4
    SF 6 Winner of 1 Winner of 2
    SF 7 Winner of 3 Winner of 5
    Final 5/7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Division Three National Football League 2015.

A bit of forward planning here in support of the footballers. Anyone entitled to free travel here interested in extending this to Northern Ireland will have to apply through the Dept. of Social protection for a N.I. travel pass this takes six to eight weeks. Cannot be done on line. Application form only available in local offices.

DIVISION 3
    Saturday 31 January: Armagh v Tipperary; Fermanagh v Louth.
    Sunday 1 February: Clare v Wexford; Limerick v Sligo.
    Saturday 7 February: Tipperary v Limerick
    Sunday 8 February: Louth v Clare; Sligo v Fermanagh; Wexford v Armagh.
    Sunday 1 March: Clare v Sligo; Fermanagh v Tipperary; Limerick v Armagh; Louth v Wexford.
    Saturday 7 March: Armagh v Fermanagh; Tipperary v Clare.
    Sunday 8 March: Sligo v Louth; Wexford v Limerick.
    Sunday 15 March: Clare v Armagh; Fermanagh v Limerick; Louth v Tipperary; Sligo v Wexford.
    Saturday 28 March: Armagh v Louth; Limerick v Clare.
    Sunday 29 March: Tipperary v Sligo; Wexford v Fermanagh.
    Sunday 5 April: Clare v Fermanagh; Louth v Limerick; Sligo v Armagh; Tipperary v Wexford.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I was having a think about this at the weekend: what's the biggest, most ferocious club rivalry in Tipperary? Or is it more like small 'derbies' of local teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

I was having a think about this at the weekend: what's the biggest, most ferocious club rivalry in Tipperary? Or is it more like small 'derbies' of local teams?

dont know much about club hurling but il throw carrick swans v carrick davins out there:)

• Advertisement

I've seen rough contests between Nenagh and Toome - that's a huge rivalry.

Toome and Thurles is another one.

Toome and Mullinahone for a time too....

I'm seeing a pattern here...TOOMEVARA!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I've seen rough contests between Nenagh and Toome - that's a huge rivalry.

Toome and Thurles is another one.

Toome and Mullinahone for a time too....

I'm seeing a pattern here...TOOMEVARA!!!

Toome and Nenagh.. Yep I see the same pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Toome v Nenagh, Toome v Kilruane, Toome and Thurles, Thurles and Drum, Carrick's 2 sides,
    Hard to say. There's loads of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Toome v Nenagh, Toome v Kilruane, Toome and Thurles, Thurles and Drum, Carrick's 2 sides,
    Hard to say. There's loads of them...

Ballingary v killenaule? Maybe tippgunner will tell us who's mullinahones greatest rivals are

So Toomevara versus Tipperary then? :D

Borrisoleigh and Drom is a pretty strong rivalry too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

In fairness the nature of the GAA and the closeness of Irish towns/villages means that there will be great rivalries across the county across every level the games are played.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Drom vs Sars, Holycross vs Boherlahan, Upperchurch vs anyone.

Think the rural clubs see the town teams are their big rivals. We always loved playing the town teams, Thurles Sars, Nenagh eire Og even Cashel King Cormacs.
    We always saw them as having more players better resources etc so beating them was always special.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Electric Ireland Munster Minor Hurling Championship Draw 2015
    Clare receives bye to semi-final
    A: Tipperary v Waterford Semple Stadium, Thurles
    B: Cork v Limerick Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork
    C: Loser of A v Loser of B
    D (Semi-Final): Clare v Winner of A
    E (Semi-Final): Winner of B v Winner of C
    Final: Winner of D v Winner of E
    Electric Ireland Munster Minor Football Championship Draw 2015
    A: Clare v Kerry Austin Stack Park, Tralee
    B: Cork v Limerick Páirc na nGael, Limerick
    C: Waterford v Tipperary Semple Stadium, Thurles
    D: Loser of B v Loser of C
    E: Loser of A v Winner of D
    F (Semi-Final): Winner of A v Winner of B
    G (Semi-Final): Winner of C v Winner of E
    Final: Winner of F v Winner of G
    Bórd Gáis Energy Munster Under 21 Hurling Championship Draw 2015
    A: (Q-final) Cork v Waterford Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork
    B: (Semi-Final) Tipperary v Limerick Páirc na nGael, Limerick
    C: (Semi-Final) Clare v Winner of A Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork or Cusack Park Ennis
    Final Winner of B v Winner of C
    Cadbury Munster Under 21 Football Championship Draw 2015
    A: (Q-final) Cork v Limerick Páirc na nGael, Limerick
    B: (Q-final) Clare v Waterford Cusack Park, Ennis
    C: (Semi-final) Kerry v Winners of A Páirc Uí Rinn, Cork or Austin Stack Park, Tralee
    D: (Semi-final) Tipperary v Winners of B Semple Stadium, Thurles
    Final: Winner of C v Winner of D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Eamon Ó Shea has told the players he'll be staying on for at least another year.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the informative replies.

Also music to my ears about O' Shea staying on. Was made it official this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭chocaholic04

Great O'Shea is staying on, couldn't see him leaving at all. However reports are that there will be changes to his backroom team, is it wishful thinking Sheedy would come on board as a selector?

They are looking for someone to groom to take over so there is a transition...

I'd like to see two young lads brought into the background fold - William Maher or Mark O'Leary - Eoin Kelly -

What do people make of McCormack at Thurles?

I still can't see Sheedy's situation having changed too much...

Fair play to O'Shea taking on the cause again - three years while with Liam - this year coming will make it six now - Some man - Personally, I don't think some of the "fans" deserve him - but, he's obviously not doing it for them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Personally, I don't think some of the "fans" deserve him - but, he's obviously not doing it for them

Care to expand on that statement? I always found the Tipp supporters to be loyal.

GerB40 wrote: »
    Eamon Ó Shea has told the players he'll be staying on for at least another year.
    Good to hear. Changes needed in backroom team though
    Great O'Shea is staying on, couldn't see him leaving at all. However reports are that there will be changes to his backroom team, is it wishful thinking Sheedy would come on board as a selector?
    Yes It is wishful thinking cant see Sheedy coming back only to be an assistant coach. Changes to backroom team would be good to see to keep things fresh+
    They are looking for someone to groom to take over so there is a transition...

I'd like to see two young lads brought into the background fold - William Maher or Mark O'Leary - Eoin Kelly -

What do people make of McCormack at Thurles?

I still can't see Sheedy's situation having changed too much...

Fair play to O'Shea taking on the cause again - three years while with Liam - this year coming will make it six now - Some man - Personally, I don't think some of the "fans" deserve him - but, he's obviously not doing it for them
    To be perfectly honest would really not like to see O Leary involved. Don't rate him and would much prefer W Maher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Good to hear. Changes needed in backroom team though

Maher.

Care to expand on that ? Who would you like to see moved out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

7 all stars for Tipp,6 for KK and 2 for Limerick,delighted for Shane Mc Grath getting his first All Star.The cats won't be happy thought with Conor Forgarty missing out and Richie Power missing out to Shane Dowling in the forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Loughc wrote: »
    Care to expand on that statement? I always found the Tipp supporters to be loyal.

Tipp fans are very fickle.

After Cork in 2010, Getting on Big Dec & Tommy Dunne's back and the reaction this year to O'Shea upto the Semi Final win.

looder wrote: »
    Tipp fans are very fickle.

After Cork in 2010, Getting on Big Dec & Tommy Dunne's back and the reaction this year to O'Shea upto the Semi Final win.

Criticism on the management back in 2010 was rough in fairness but both Deckie, and O'Shea desrved thier critics. We suffered our biggest championship defeat since the 1800s under Decky and this year, Tipp were septic for a long time. 20 mins to go vs Galway we looked toast and we were guilty 0f many limp performaces throughout the year

• Advertisement

digzy wrote: »
    Care to expand on that ? Who would you like to see moved out?
    Not sure but think a freshening up of the coaching structure would help push us up to next grade
    tippspur wrote: »
    7 all stars for Tipp,6 for KK and 2 for Limerick,delighted for Shane Mc Grath getting his first All Star.The cats won't be happy thought with Conor Forgarty missing out and Richie Power missing out to Shane Dowling in the forwards.
    Interesting. Only 3 counties getting awards, how long since that's happened?

Advertisement