Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

What did he do?

Finally a description of what happened in The Examiner-

This Munster semi-final was seconds old when Maher swung wildly from the throw-in and caught the helmet of Liam Markham.

- he had to go then - you can't do that. Stupid - hopefully he'll learn from it and come back with a better temperament.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Was there and still cant believe the ref's performance, absolutely disgraceful, fair play to Cratloe, why wouldn't they be delighted and take advantage of the extra man but Sars had no chance with the ref, think even the ref himself realised he had wronged them badly throughout the whole game when he started giving Sars free's that weren't even deserved in the last ten minutes, too late though and poor Denis Maher didn't deserve that call, hope the ref is truly ashamed of himself, don't think he has a bright future in that career!!!! Best of luck Cratloe in the final!
    Was it really disgraceful? Denis Maher incident was a reckless swipe and deserved a card. Referee set tone for game for no more incidents like that if he did it. Ridiculous to say referee should be ashamed of himself and to talk about his career like that. Would you referee or have you refereed in your life? Until you step into their shoes you cant really talk.
    very harsh sending off it was literary the first blow of the game after the ball was throwing in , it had a huge difference to the rest of the game as thurles had lar corbett playing in a far deeper role in mid field or center forward , although kilmallock take note of thurles's quick puck outs over the last ten minuets it caused havoc

thurles could have won the game today with 14 men had they been better in front of goal especially with there free, ask any clare supporter about cathal mcalister and they will grind there teeth after the u21 final this year against wexford, while dennis was foolish to strike liam markam so early , the ref should have known the rivalry at stake between the two counties in general and let a few things go early on, and while it was a very good game to watch it cant be ignored the diferance the sending off made
    If it was a reckless strike in the first moments of game referee more than likely decided to penalise player as he did as warning to the rest of players he wouldn't be taking any digs etc. Referee shouldn't let things go early on. They should go hard on calls and then ease off if teams work to how he is making calls.

You're quoting me quoting someone else????

You're quoting me quoting someone else????
    Sorry then. I quoted your post and you quoted the previous poster arseways so I thought you said that

• Advertisement

You're some lost sheep alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Xenophile wrote: »
    Firstly, I was at the game and had a very good view from the centre of the field. My after thoughts are that no player is battle hardened after five seconds. The Tipp man far too excited and over determined. The Clare man went down like a sack of potatoes, in my opinion as a result of pain and shock but you cannot expect a player to be battle hardened after a few seconds.

This is something you would never see in a professional game like the premership where players are coached to keep their cool especially early on in a game and even if they go a goal down their mind set will always be "there is plenty of time".
    Fair enough but do you think it deserved a red card though?

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

The draws for the Clean Ireland Recycling Tipperary Senior Football Championship Preliminary Quarter-Finals took place on Monday November 10th.

Saturday November 15th
    Clean Ireland Recycling County Senior Football Championship Preliminary Quarter-Finals
    Arravale Rovers V Ardfinnan in Bansha at 2pm
    Moyle Rovers V Galtee Rovers/St Pecaun in Clonmel Sportsfield at 2pm
    Kilsheelan-Kilcash V Thomas MacDonagh’s in Leahy Park Cashel at 2pm

Sunday November 16th
    Clean Ireland Recycling County Senior Football Championship Preliminary Quarter-Final
    JK Brackens V Éire Óg Annacarty/Donohill in Drombane at 2pm

Extra Time will be played if necessary in all

The draws for the Clean Ireland Recycling Tipperary Senior Football Championship Preliminary Quarter-Finals took place on Monday November 10th.

Saturday November 15th
    Clean Ireland Recycling County Senior Football Championship Preliminary Quarter-Finals
    Arravale Rovers V Ardfinnan in Bansha at 2pm
    Moyle Rovers V Galtee Rovers/St Pecaun in Clonmel Sportsfield at 2pm
    Kilsheelan-Kilcash V Thomas MacDonagh’s in Leahy Park Cashel at 2pm

Sunday November 16th
    Clean Ireland Recycling County Senior Football Championship Preliminary Quarter-Final
    JK Brackens V Éire Óg Annacarty/Donohill in Drombane at 2pm

Extra Time will be played if necessary in all

Some tasty fixtures there. A crying shame that neither of those or Moyne will have got the chance to represent Tipp in Munster. Absolute shambolic situation.

Some tasty fixtures there. A crying shame that neither of those or Moyne will have got the chance to represent Tipp in Munster. Absolute shambolic situation.

South Intermediate Football only at the Quarter Final stage , holding up the County , no Munster action there either !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

South Intermediate Football only at the Quarter Final stage , holding up the County , no Munster action there either !

Any reason for the hold up?

buggy beag wrote: »
    Any reason for the hold up?

Mullinahone involved in the Hurley . When you look at the Offaly Championships its Football one week , Hurley the next and it works . Kilcormac/Killoughey won their first Offaly SHC in 2012 and won the JFC also . The following year won the SHC and IFC . Won the SHC this year and competed in the SFC !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Mullinahone involved in the Hurley . When you look at the Offaly Championships its Football one week , Hurley the next and it works . Kilcormac/Killoughey won their first Offaly SHC in 2012 and won the JFC also . The following year won the SHC and IFC . Won the SHC this year and competed in the SFC !

Loughmore won the SHC & SFC last year, and while that's the first time it's been done, I'm not sure scheduling issues are the reason why. More that clubs from the West & South have dominated football, and clubs from the North & mid have dominated hurling.

Of course that's not to say the scheduling of club games doesn't need to be looked at, because it certainly does. Not having the County champions compete in the Munster Championship whether it's football or hurling and no matter the grade is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Xenophile wrote: »
    Firstly, I was at the game and had a very good view from the centre of the field. My after thoughts are that no player is battle hardened after five seconds. The Tipp man far too excited and over determined. The Clare man went down like a sack of potatoes, in my opinion as a result of pain and shock but you cannot expect a player to be battle hardened after a few seconds.

This is something you would never see in a professional game like the premership where players are coached to keep their cool especially early on in a game and even if they go a goal down their mind set will always be "there is plenty of time".
    tippspur wrote: »
    Fair enough but do you think it deserved a red card though?

Yes, in fact it appeared to me that no Thurles player tried to intercede for him.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

http://balls.ie/gaa/157822-gif-denis-maher-red-card-vs-cratloe/

Not that clear - but its footage of the incident - need it from another angle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Not clear at all, no obvious striking action but ref was close enough to it to have a very good angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

http://balls.ie/gaa/157822-gif-denis-maher-red-card-vs-cratloe/

Not that clear - but its footage of the incident - need it from another angle

Hard to see how that could have been a straight red.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Moyorris

Very harsh,contact seemed minimal.

County Senior Football Championship Preliminary Q-Final Results :

Arravale Rovers 0-13 Ardfinnan 1-6

Thomas MacDonaghs 3-08 Kilsheelan Kilcash 0-9

Moyle Rovers 0-9 Galtee Rovers 0-8

Clean Ireland Recycling Senior football relegation Rd 1 result :

Clonmel Og 2.06 Fethard 1.08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

County Senior Football Championship Preliminary Q-Final Results :

Arravale Rovers 0-13 Ardfinnan 1-6

Thomas MacDonaghs 3-08 Kilsheelan Kilcash 0-9

Moyle Rovers 0-9 Galtee Rovers 0-8

Clean Ireland Recycling Senior football relegation Rd 1 result :

Clonmel Og 2.06 Fethard 1.08

Whats the story with no club football team from Tipp been represented in the club championship. If the championship is not finished I thought last years finalist get nominated.

Only going on what I saw on the munster GAA website mind.
    Austin Stacks (Kerry) w/o Tipperary representatives scr.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Paddico wrote: »
    Whats the story with no club football team from Tipp been represented in the club championship. If the championship is not finished I thought last years finalist get nominated.

Only going on what I saw on the munster GAA website mind.
    Austin Stacks (Kerry) w/o Tipperary representatives scr.

I think because there was a fixture backlog an the final wasn't going to be played in time so the county board gave a walkover terrible decision with the county footballers going so well last year

I think because there was a fixture backlog an the final wasn't going to be played in time so the county board gave a walkover terrible decision with the county footballers going so well last year
    Poor decision but hopefully a wake up call for county board and hopefully next year club games can be finished well before this time of year. Nobody benefits playing hurling or football this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Could they still not nominate a club?

I would happen in Kilkenny football circles

A whole new low for Tipperary GAA. There should be an absolute outrage over this. This is yet another two fingers to those trying to promote the game of football in the county not to mention a reckless disregard for player safety. The suits really need to come into this century. None of those lads would walk on this pitch let alone play on it. We're ran by idiots and this just proves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Disgraceful,I can't believe this game was fixed for Ballyneill and the state of that pitch.embarrassing for the Co board to say the least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Atrocious decision. I'm sure the players would happily have driven 30 mins longer (or whatever distance) to play in a field that was in proper condition. There's no shortage of quality fields about the place. You wouldn't expect a first round divisional game to be played on that heap of sh1t.

• Advertisement

What`s wrong with New Inn , I was there for the Killenaule , Eire Og game 3 weeks ago and it was in great condition ? It is fairly central to the 2 Club involved also .

Advertisement