Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things to do with the kids

Options
  • 08-01-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my two kids are age 2 and 6, my little fella is 3 at the end of this month,so we want to take them somewhere for his birthday in cork city or county, we normally take them to supernova in ballincollig which they love,but i was just wondering are there any other similar places around for a change thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Hi all, my two kids are age 2 and 6, my little fella is 3 at the end of this month,so we want to take them somewhere for his birthday in cork city or county, we normally take them to supernova in ballincollig which they love,but i was just wondering are there any other similar places around for a change thanks:)

fota wild life park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

The 2 other places like Supernova around the city are Monkey Maze in Glanmire and Chuckies, which is off Sarsfield Road in Wilton. Both are good craic for the smallies and ideal for birthday parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

limnam wrote: »
    fota wild life park

Yea we like fota alright but just thinking the weather isnt great for it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Could try out the city bus tour, tis open top or if weather is bad you sit below. I haven't been myself but heard people say tis fun. Grand tisnt a bouncy ball place but it might be something new and kids love the bus. The lifetime lab might have something on too. mm where else Blackrock castle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

The Planet in the North City Business Park on Mallow Road is another bouncy ball place with Bowling , Pool etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Yea we like fota alright but just thinking the weather isnt great for it

Depending on how far you want to travel, you could do worse than Ardmore open farm. They have an indoor play zone (obviously nothing like a dedicated jungle gym). Good hot food, some indoor areas with electric cars, diggers and sand pits.

Regarding Fota, if you decided to go and then the weather turned bad, you could try Go Safari jungle gym in Fota Retail park in Carrigtwhohill. It has a very good high slide, as well as a zip wire (amongst the other usual things).
    You could have lunch then in the café in Ballyseedy Garden Centre across the way

EDIT: http://ardmoreopenfarm.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Milly33 wrote: »
    Could try out the city bus tour, tis open top or if weather is bad you sit below. I haven't been myself but heard people say tis fun. Grand tisnt a bouncy ball place but it might be something new and kids love the bus. The lifetime lab might have something on too. mm where else Blackrock castle

3 year old is too young for blackrock castle I'd say, but good for older kids.

Supernova is probably the best indoor thing. It's bigger than the others. Go safari is handy for fota though.

How about any of those open farms? Leahys or rumleys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

pwurple wrote: »
    3 year old is too young for blackrock castle I'd say, but good for older kids.

Supernova is probably the best indoor thing. It's bigger than the others. Go safari is handy for fota though.

How about any of those open farms? Leahys or rumleys?

Rumleys is prety decent. Plenty of outdoor play areas and ride on tractors / go-karts and mini golf. Good shop and café.
    Leahy's are constantly improving faciilities and is decent enough.
    The Farm in Grenagh is excellent IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭gemini_girl

I would second rumleys farm. My son turned 3 recently & my other son is nearly 6. We took them to trabolgan last year for the day & they loved it. They also loved the Aquarium in dingle but you'd have to go over night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

WhiteTiger wrote: »
    I would second rumleys farm. My son turned 3 recently & my other son is nearly 6. We took them to trabolgan last year for the day & they loved it. They also loved the Aquarium in dingle but you'd have to go over night

The mardyke sports arena is popular for kids gigs

• Advertisement
Advertisement