Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill

Options
  • 08-01-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

I got my bill via email this morning and it is over €200.

As it was an estimate I checked the Meter and It seems to be out by some distance.

I have tried to ring customer care and I can't seem to bypass the automated service.

Can someone look into this for me please. I can PM my a/c number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Lord Trollington,

Yes of course, do indeed private message me your Electric Ireland account number and your name/address/telephone number as they appear on your account.

We can input your accurate reading to cancel the estimated bill and have a replacement bill generated.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

I didnt know this could be done,
    I got an estated bill some months ago for a larhe amount, over 100€ more than my previous bill.
    I wouldnt even mind but we were on holidays for 2 weeks of the month the bill was for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi tennis12,

ESB Networks endeavours to read a customer's meter (when it is accessible) four times per year. For the remaining two bills, the balance is estimated - one of the criteria used for estimations is the previous year's usage pattern for that MPRN (meter point reference number).

You can submit a meter reading via a number of ways. The best time to do so is just when a bill is issued, as this gives you the widest window until the next scheduled bill (there is a bill issued every two months whether a corrected bill is issued in between or not).

Meter readings can be submitted to us via social media private message (here on Boards, our Facebook, our Twitter), via our website, via our meter-reading app, or via telephone/email to our Customer Service team (contact details at the end of our website's home page).

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement