Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Players who like regardless their ability

• 08-01-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I know underrated/overrated players gets done to death but I was wondering which players you like because of your perception of their personality or the role they play in the team outside of the sport. either football or hurling.

Like Eoghan O'Gara is a favourite of mine because he fits the part of a henchman perfectly though I'm not usually a fan of forwards like him. He comes on bulls around and that's it.

Or John Galvin, who's obviously a superb player, but there's something about the way he toils away for Limerick that makes me appreciate him even more which I think is to do with the futility of Limerick football. There's something stoic about him in the middle of them getting smashed by Kerry in Munster finals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

APWNR wrote: »
    I know underrated/overrated players gets done to death but I was wondering which players you like because of your perception of their personality or the role they play in the team outside of the sport. either football or hurling.

Like Eoghan O'Gara is a favourite of mine because he fits the part of a henchman perfectly though I'm not usually a fan of forwards like him. He comes on bulls around and that's it.

Or John Galvin, who's obviously a superb player, but there's something about the way he toils away for Limerick that makes me appreciate him even more which I think is to do with the futility of Limerick football. There's something stoic about him in the middle of them getting smashed by Kerry in Munster finals.

Limk didn't get smashed in many finals when Galvin was playing v Kerry. Main reason was, they could hardly even reach the final, but when they met 1 or 2 went to a replay. Limk should have won at least 1 in the GG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Think Limerick's best chance was in 09 vs Cork. In most of their near misses they were outplayed for most of the match but just launched a heroic comeback near the end, but in 09 they outplayed Cork and left the match behind them.

Even then he's been going since about 2000 I think, and after a few years I started watching Limerick vs Cork/Kerry knowing that no matter how well Limerick did, they just werent going to win.

They've fallen well back in the last 3 years too, think in 2011 they played Kerry in the AI QF and to me they just didnt have any belief at all, they gave up before it even started. Since then its been regular hammerings from Cork and Kerry, aswell as losing to Clare for the 1st time in a long time.

Advertisement