Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant/Cafe/Hotel vacancy

Options
  • 08-01-2014 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is there anyone aware of a vacancy in a restaurant/cafe/hotel in the city? As a waitress or helper in the kitchen.
    Heard there was vacancy at Humdinger on Dunmore road but looks like it's gone now :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hi,
    Is there anyone aware of a vacancy in a restaurant/cafe/hotel in the city? As a waitress or helper in the kitchen.
    Heard there was vacancy at Humdinger on Dunmore road but looks like it's gone now :(

Thanks

Will keep an eye out, these jobs are usually advertised in house and filled fairy quickly. No harm trying local hotels either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks JerrySienfield and Baby4.

Will definitely try our luck at Centra shop.

Yes, the problem with these jobs are that they are not advertised online, you can see the vacancy only at their door.
    We are keeping our eyes open for such advertisements.

If you notice any more ads, then please let me know, it would be of great help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

That's really very kind of you Baby4.
    Is the same update on twitter as on
    http://waterfordjobs.ie/ ?

We are looking at different websites everyday including the one you mentioned but no luck yet.
    I beleive such posts are advertised on the doors of cafe/bar/restaurant, so yea as you said we are keeping our eyes and ears peeled :)

thank you
    Baby4 wrote: »
    masterboy123, if you are on Twitter, Waterford Jobs often post new vacancies. Also, try www.jobrapido.ie for jobs in Waterford and the surrounding areas.

Another site that you would see catering/hotel jobs is www.jobs.ie

Keep your eyes & ears peeled... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

Thanks Kaef.

I saw this advertisement earlier. It's actually for trained chefs.
    I am looking for a waitress or kitchen porter type of job, or like for deli sandwich.

I appreciate your help very much.
    kaef wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

plenty of scamjobridge positions in waterford...:rolleyes:

But jobbridge positions are internship only. :(
    Looking for full or atleast a part time job as of now.
    Hoffmans wrote: »
    plenty of scamjobridge positions in waterford...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

The Gingerman had a sign on the door saying they're looking for staff to work in back (not sure if it's washing dishes, busing tables, or what) starting from mid-January. Your wife should pop in with a CV and speak to the manager. Have been thinking to do the same myself...

• Advertisement

Woww great peice of information. You're the best!!
    Our bad luck that she is in Dublin till Monday :mad:, she has to clear paperwork from her current employer. get p45, etc.

Please keep me updated if you see more vacancy next week.
    The Gingerman had a sign on the door saying they're looking for staff to work in back (not sure if it's washing dishes, busing tables, or what) starting from mid-January. Your wife should pop in with a CV and speak to the manager. Have been thinking to do the same myself...

She could also pop into Cafe Goa and speak with Shamim (the owner). He was looking for somebody to work on an as-needed basis a couple of months ago (in fact he 'hired' me but has never called me to come in to work, so perhaps I missed a hint at some point that he was just being polite?). Of course there's no certainty that he's looking now, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Not a steady job or income, but might be better than nothing.

My wife gave interview today morning at Centra on John street but they called her few hours back that she is not selected... :(

Plus at the Gingerman they are looking for chef only... :(

Bad day today

By the way, my wife has done M.A. in Tourism management, but she was not able to get any job in hotel or tourist office...
    So she started working as a waitress or kitchen helper. She has also worked 2 years in an office as personal assistant.
    If you see any job related to her experience then please do let me know.
    Thanks everyone :)

By the way, my wife has done M.A. in Tourism management, but she was not able to get any job in hotel or tourist office...
    So she started working as a waitress or kitchen helper. She has also worked 2 years in an office as personal assistant.
    If you see any job related to her experience then please do let me know.
    Thanks everyone :)

Does she have any actual experience working in a hotel?

No she never worked in a hotel.

She worked 2 years in an office as personal assistant and 1 year of experience as waitress in cafes.
    Does she have any actual experience working in a hotel?

did anybody notice such a vacancy in the city recently?

Advertisement