Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vets or A4?

• 08-01-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

After a five year hiatus from racing I'm planning on hitting a few this year. I haven't raced in Ireland, but did a good bit of racing in the U.S. over a 15 year period (up to category 3 in the U.S. then 'masters'). I'm wondering if I should race A4 or join the Irish Veteran Cyclist Association since I'm on the other side of 40? The IVCA seems like a good fit since I'm near Dublin but I'm just wondering if there's anything I'm missing.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nope you're not missing anything. IVCA is a good choice and leaves the option of racing A3 with your IVCA licence

Alternatively you can, like some of us, sign up to both, or sign up to a club that does a league under your IVCA licence - that way you can do the Club and IVCA leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Is there a way for me to do my "proper" races in the IVCA but participate in a weekly race at Mondello without having to buy two licenses?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As already mentioned, you can do Open races as an A3 with the IVCA licence

Advertisement