Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Publisher

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi, I need to make a few posters for a college assignment and from asking around Microsoft Publisher seems to be the best way to go about it. Couple of questions, where to get it? And, is it easy to use? I have a version of it on my laptop but I think I got it when I downloaded a free Microsoft Office trial and it's now expired. The Microsoft Office package I'm currently using is 2010 and has Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Its comes with Office Professional Plus. You could try a college pc and do it from there or alternatively by it online from Software4Students at a discounted rate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If you're stuck, you could download Libreoffice which is free. It may do what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭justjustin

You should be able to "rearm" office 2010 and get a total of 180 days free trial. A quick Google and you should find instructions. There is a file that comes with office which does this, it's completely legal and can also be done with most windows and server trial versions. When that 180 days expires you could then try office 2013 trial version for the same period of time. That's a whole year of free office, which should be plenty of time to get your projects done ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

If it's not overly complicated, it's nearly as easy to do up a poster in PowerPoint. I've done it loads of times. You can export the finshed 'slide' as a high quality pdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Thanks for all the replies. Luckily enough, it doesn't need to be done for a few weeks so I can try out the few different ideas suggested. I'll report back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Publisher is in the Office 365 University offering, which you can get here.

You should also be able to get a trial of Office 365 Home Premium which contains it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You can also currently get the entire Adobe CS2 package for free. Or you can choose individual programs to install. I have Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Premiere. It's all from the Adobe website, you just need to setup an Adobe ID. These programs are a few years old and need to installed in compatability mode if running Windows, but they are more than adequate for any semi-serious needs in DTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Microsoft apps make ****e PDFs and can have problems when it comes to printing. Try Scribus or Inkscape.

http://www.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus

http://www.inkscape.org/en/

Advertisement