Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appearance of tattoos over multiple scars?

Options
  • 08-01-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how people have found the appearance of tattoos over multiple scars? I know it depends on the scar, skin type, colours/ style of tattoo etc. but let's assume that it's a fairly intricate colourful piece.

I guess scars could nearly be worked into the design?

Just thinking out loud really as I've a few spots I'd like to get tattooed but some of them are heavily scarred due to excessive teenage angst :p
    Would love to see pictures or hear experienced both good and bad, so I could have an informed think about it while planning some more tattoos!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm in work so can't get a pic up just yet but one of my tattoos was done over scars. It's in colour. With the darker colours, the scars aren't noticeable, but the parts done in white ink, you can see the scarring underneath. However it's a hell of a lot less noticeable than if I just left the scars as is!

Talk to your artist before getting anything done, as tattooing over scars an occasionally cause the ink to bleed a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

No experience myself but this video might help. She rambles a bit at the beginning but if you go to 1.14 she starts showing the tattoo close up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It depends on the scars to be honest, I have a few from ****ed up exs who enjoy weird stuff and arent noticeable on my ink, but I used to play rugby with a guy that it seriously looked like he tried to cut through his arm that no tattoo would hide

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

It depends on the scars to be honest...

This! ^^^

I have a scar on my forearm about 6 inches long from a knife attack years ago. Got a tattoo that happened to cover it a few months back...you can't even see the scar now.

Advertisement