Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Insurer to the Market

• 08-01-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Saw this before Christmas but forgot to put up a thread on it. MCE are now insuring in Ireland. They only have a phone service set up at the moment to do quotes.

Here is their webpage on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm with Adalaide at the moment but due for renewal in March, might give them a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

T&c's on their site has this
    For the Republic of Ireland we only offer Motorcycle Insurance. The advice we give is based on a limited
    analysis of the market which means that our recommendation is provided on the basis of a limited number of
    contracts and product producers that are available on the market. Whilst we are not a tied agent, we
    currentlyonly offer a product from Qudos Insurance for Motorcycle Insurance, and so our services are not provided on a
    fair analysis of the market

Hopefully this won't mean that they are not competitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I got a quote from them when my last insurance was due, I ran when they quoted. Fine is was competitive enough but a massive €2000 excess, on a Deauville, no recovery and no european cover

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

They are over here a while now Rosie, They quoted me back in August and it was a telephone numbers....mental quote. Adelaide are far and away the best IME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Hopefully if more people ring them and turn them down they will start being more competitive. At least Adelaide came in with the attitude of trying to get business as opposed to what MCE are doing which is scaring people off.

• Advertisement

Adelaide nearly single handily ruined AON for bike inusrance....and thats straight from the horses mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Has anybody got a quote or renewal from Adelaide recently since there was the problem with RSA. I'd imagine that was one of the reasons thery were so competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Mce quoted me 1300 tpft on a gsxr750, with a 1250 excess
    Liberty online was 700 , with a 250 excess..I'll be getting my renewal quote from Adelaide in the next few days...

Got my renewal fron adelaide today, over a grand!! Told them straight off that liberty quoted me 680 which was true, and they calledme back 5 mins later saying they will match it. Not great..was hoping they would beat it, makes me wonder if they would have matched if I had lied and said I got a quote of 500 else where? May stick with adelaide anyway as they include breakdown..was hoping for better tho.

AFAIK, with Adelaide helmet and leathers are covered automatically as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

MCE don't have a great reputation in the UK. If you every read any of the UK bike forums there's a lot of complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Mce quoted today €80 more on top off the €360 from Adelaide. They also have excess at €900 as opposed to €250 with Adelaide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Was on the phone to MCE for about 15 minutes answering stupid questions and then got disconnected. Didn't bother phoning again.

Liberty again.

Adelaide don't want my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i tried to ring mce today, 8m 40sec plus and i still hadn't spoken to a person and got fed up listening to recorded stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Adelaide are cheapest by a good bit for me too. Was with Aon for about 5 years in a row, 3rd party only, never any claim and all of a sudden one year it doubled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    AFAIK, with Adelaide helmet and leathers are covered automatically as well.

I think that's only on fully comp but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

jvan wrote: »
    Has anybody got a quote or renewal from Adelaide recently since there was the problem with RSA. I'd imagine that was one of the reasons thery were so competitive.

i opened up a policy with Adelaide this morning. Rang everyone bar MCE (and in hindsight it looks like i saved myself the hassle) and Adelaide were cheaper than the next insurer by 100yoyos, with the same cover and excess (€250) as Carole Nash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Robbknoll wrote: »
    i opened up a policy with Adelaide this morning. Rang everyone bar MCE (and in hindsight it looks like i saved myself the hassle) and Adelaide were cheaper than the next insurer by 100yoyos, with the same cover and excess (€250) as Carole Nash.

That's good know, they were a good bit cheaper than liberty last year for me too, just wasn't sure if they would still be giving good quotes.

They were over €300 de niros cheaper for me going from my 600cc to 1050cc bike to anyone out there.....

Advertisement