Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro to UK Transfer

Options
  • 08-01-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I need to send 100 GBP exactly to a UK account. How can I ensure the recipient gets this amount exactly?

I am concerned that the exchange rate of the day and any charges will result in just under 100 pounds being sent over.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi bbk

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

If you are making the payment through Bank of Ireland 365 online, you can add the details as an International (Non SEPA) payee and send this exact amount in Sterling. However, you will need to check with the recipient if their UK Bank will charge for processing this payment into their account. Upon this information, you could allow for this charge in the amount of the payment you are sending.

Just to mention, there is no Bank of Ireland charge to transfer to the UK in Euro or Sterling.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please feel free to ask.

Thanks 

Alison

Advertisement