Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitter cost?

Options
  • 08-01-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,first time poster,myself and wife have a 2 year old girl,we need to start getting out again for our own good,have only been out 3 or 4 times since child born and wife's mum babysat then.
    Want to be independent so I have approached a neighbours daughter to babysit,she has experience of babysitting,is in 2nd year in college and would be glad of the few euro the odd time we would get her.She is a pleasant competent girl....as we have never paid a babysitter what are fees generally per hour.She has her own car and knows we would typically get her for 3 or 4 hrs each time.Say from 8pm to 12am if we went to cinema or something.She has met and gets on well with our daughter who is a friendly child.
    We are in a rural north western setting,appreciate any replies on pay per hour,I would imagine 7 or 8 euro an hr??....but as she is a neighbour we will pay whatever she says within reason:),
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Probably 30 for 4 hours?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think 30 for 4 hours is fair too,unless you are coming back really late eg @3/4am but before 12 I think it is good.

Advertisement