Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 2 (read post 1 and reminder of rules on post 9637)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭darlenmol

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Batterstown, Meath.

ding ding ding we have a winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

e05oxg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

darlenmol wrote: »
    ding ding ding we have a winner

Meath ! Yeah Meath is really horsey country. Giving misleading clues is a little bit not on. Next time I pass on my noble call, I'll make sure it is not you.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Meath ! Yeah Meath is really horsey country. Giving misleading clues is a little bit not on. Next time I pass on my noble call, I'll make sure it is not you.:mad:

fairyhouse racecourse is a stones throw from it dickhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

fairyhouse racecourse is a stones throw from it

I'd remove the last word but I'm in agreement with the sentiments, you'll earn a ban for yourself (maybe worthwhile in this case:p)

Trim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

fairyhouse racecourse is a stones throw from it dickhead

It's not known as a horsey country though. Kildare is for obvious reasons. If you were to call any county "horsey country" simply because it has a race course, then you could include half the counties in Ireland.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    It's not known as a horsey country though. Kildare is for obvious reasons. If you were to call any county "horsey country" simply because it has a race course, then you could include half the counties in Ireland.

That's why it's a clue and not simply a giveaway, would it have been better if he had said it's in the "Royal" county.
    The poster who was rubbishing on about his "noble call":rolleyes: was out of order, this is a friendly thread, no need for that sort of crap.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

i know the area and theres several studs and a racecourse in the area. to me its as horsey as it gets.

Im sorry for getting cross but im only deflecting bitterness. lets move on this is a fun game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

VS8fm6x.jpg

Portlaoise?

That's why it's a clue and not simply a giveaway, would it have been better if he had said it's in the "Royal" county.
    The poster who was rubbishing on about his "noble call":rolleyes: was out of order, this is a friendly thread, no need for that sort of crap.

The noble call thing was in jest, Im aware of the vibe in this thread , I have been been posting in it more than any other thread since I have joined Boards.
    Anyway , whatever you think, the clue was misleading, whether or not it was intentional is another thing.
    Anyway I'm off to report his post , it was a friendly thread until that comment.

The noble call thing was in jest, Im aware of the vibe in this thread , I have been been posting in it more than any other thread since I have joined Boards.
    Anyway , whatever you think, the clue was misleading, whether or not it was intentional is another thing.
    Anyway I'm off to report his post , it was a friendly thread until that comment.

It was doing alright until you piped up about your "noble call":rolleyes: being abused, report away and I have no doubt but that the other fella will get a ban but you brought down the tone with your post, pretty much anybody would have responded similarly to that, perhaps I mightn't have said dickhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭josip

It was doing alright until you piped up about your "noble call":rolleyes: being abused, report away and I have no doubt but that the other fella will get a ban but you brought down the tone with your post, pretty much anybody would have responded similarly to that, perhaps I mightn't have said dickhead.

Agree with the above.

Moving on ... none of the guesses are correct so far

e05oxg.jpg

Look fair enough , I said it in jest didn't mean it as a snotty thing so I apologise if I upset anyone. Back to the game then?

Lisdoonvarna?

Nope

Clonmel

Not Clonmel

• Advertisement

horse and jockey :D

lol Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

horse and jockey :D

Dont anybody mention the H word :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Kilcock?

Not Kilcock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Would there be a bus & train station just off to the right perhaps, in the direction of the camera?

Thanks, :)

No train station in this area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Listowel

Nope

• Advertisement

Dunshaughlin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement