Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 2 (read post 1 and reminder of rules on post 9637)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Not tipp either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭thadg

dripsey;)

Dripsey is right. Why the wink?

I knew the bars to see but couldn't think where they were, thought they were in tipp until you said it wasn't, so I was trying to think of villages in cork as it was wrecking my head.

someone else can fire away

Doesn't work like that, in the spirit of the game you should really post a picture now.
    I believe the instructions in post 1 are simple enough to follow.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Embedding

368128.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Knocknagree?

no, not in co. cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Brosna Co. Kerry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm fairly sure it's correct so have mine up now.

Your one is Ballyheigue but the previous one hasn't been confirmed yet so I'll wait on adjudication for a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Your one is Ballyheigue but the previous one hasn't been confirmed yet so I'll wait on adjudication for a couple of hours.

He is correct its the three counties pub in brosna.

Right so, moving along swiftly.
    Not a village or town here but it'll be well known
    368766.jpg

doovdela wrote: »
    Brosna Co. Kerry!

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Right so, moving along swiftly.
    Not a village or town here but it'll be well known
    368766.jpg

Whats the point in having a 'Village', 'Town' or 'City' thread and then post a random picture of landscape??

It's not a random picture of landscape but thanks for the indignation, this isn't without precedent.
    It's a very important site not for one but two historical reasons, surprised it's lasted this long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Derrigimilagh.
    Alcock and Browne and Marconi, I guess.

Well done, it wasn't that hard was it???:p

It's not a random picture of landscape but thanks for the indignation, this isn't without precedent.
    It's a very important site not for one but two historical reasons, surprised it's lasted this long.

Important it may well be ( to some ), but it is not a village, town or city so I fail to see what relevance it has to the thread title!

• Advertisement

JB81 wrote: »
    Important it may well be ( to some ), but it is not a village, town or city so I fail to see what relevance it has to the thread title!

Sorry if it doesn't pass your test for importance, perhaps you should look it up, I don't think there is any disputing that it is not just a random piece of landscape.
    Perhaps others could give their verdict, despite deviating from the thread title was my picture acceptable? As I said it was not unprecedented, this thread is struggling lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

The thread has seemed to have died a little lately so maybe a shift in what we post is needed.

Jaysus some people need to get out more, packet of chill pills needed. As the guys said the tread is so slow as it is and of all the people swiper and few others do more to keep it going then anyone else.

ha..:confused: Just giving my opinion, which i am allowed to do!! Maybe the thread title can be changed to Village, Town, City and Places of Interest and that would cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SeanPuddin_

ha..:confused: Just giving my opinion, which i am allowed to do!! Maybe the thread title can be changed to Village, Town, City and Places of Interest and that would cover it?

The above place is of no interest to me though. Change thread title to "Village, Town, City and Places of Debatable Interest"

Debatable my arse:eek::pac:, in that picture there was the landing spot and monument commemorating the very first transatlantic flight which was headline news all over the world and is still a landmark event in aviation and Irish history. In the front of the picture is the location of Marconi's wireless telegraphy station where the very first transatlantic message was sent from, again worldwide news and a landmark event, there's very few spots in Ireland that have such history attached.

But, perhaps you are right, a change in thread title may be required

Where is the fuzzy lad gone its his turn :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

jayo26 wrote: »
    Where is the fuzzy lad gone its his turn :):)

Can't put one up till later. If anybody wants to fire ahead.

I might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb:P

368937.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement