Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 2 (read post 1 and reminder of rules on post 9637)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Is this more interesting?
    wiOwich.png

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Abbeyfeale?

JB81 wrote: »
    Abbeyfeale?

Yep

Guill wrote: »
    Yep

Woops just realised there was another pic put up when I was messing. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This post has been deleted.

Not Beal Na Blath,

We're still trying for my one???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Guill wrote: »
    Woops just realised there was another pic put up when I was messing. My bad.

Other pic is not a village, town or city so you were correct. I am unable to put up a pic, cant seem to figure out how to do it.. any help?

Other pic is not a village, town or city so you were correct. I am unable to put up a pic, cant seem to figure out how to do it.. any help?

Haha, you're angling for a row:p, fair play to ya, that's what boards is for:)

The very first post on this thread explains the rules as well as how to post a picture

Yeah seen the first post, just cant seem to get it to work, will try once more and then someone else can do it.

Not looking for a row at all. Just don't see the point in posting certain pictures that may or may not be known to people, whereas a town, village, city may be recognizable from driving through it once or stopping in it once..

For the record, I have no problem if the thread title is changed to include such pictures, but I for one would have no knowledge of anything like this, but have spent a lot of time on the road..

here goes368945.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Swiper the fox, I found your location, it's a short way to Tipperary on a road running west off the R497 and I am guessing it is a hiking trail of some kind, location lat and long were not sufficiently obscured to rule out four grid points and the correct solution was 52deg30'38"N and 8deg 09'50"W.

Swiper the fox, I found your location, it's a short way to Tipperary on a road running west off the R497 and I am guessing it is a hiking trail of some kind, location lat and long were not sufficiently obscured to rule out four grid points and the correct solution was 52deg30'38"N and 8deg 09'50"W.

It is another hugely significant historical spot:pac:
    Perhaps somebody will put the pieces together from your detective work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭josip

Birthplace of Lar Corbett?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭blackwhite

It is another hugely significant historical spot:pac:
    Perhaps somebody will put the pieces together from your detective work

Soloheadbeg ambush?

blackwhite wrote: »
    Soloheadbeg ambush?

Indeed it is, the site of the event that started the war of Independence.

I'll leave off posting any more locations like the last two until and unless we have some sort of consensus, seems like the thread title is gospel.

Amen

I enjoyed the 2 subtle locations, It might get things revved up here again? And we might learn a bit too! ....Might.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I say go for the landmarks, even if it has to be a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I would say no new thread needed, just have a new guideline to suggest an occasional landmark picture, maybe once every three or four posts? I like seeing them too. That last one might have been there for a long time without the lat-long assistance though.

I would say no new thread needed, just have a new guideline to suggest an occasional landmark picture, maybe once every three or four posts? I like seeing them too. That last one might have been there for a long time without the lat-long assistance though.

I would have put a clue except there was a rival:pac: picture up and I didn't want to seem forward. The first guess of Beal Na Blath was very good and I was going to point out that it was on the right track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It would be something different and instead of giving location clues maybe a history clue would be cool then we could do a bit of research and definitely learn something.

All hail swiper :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

jayo26 wrote: »
    It would be something different and instead of giving location clues maybe a history clue would be cool then we could do a bit of research and definitely learn something.

All hail swiper :):)

Yeah, great idea, no harm to mix it up a bit.Would make it quite interesting.Thread title ok imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭josip

Starting to sound like a Galway Hurlers player's meeting now lads :D
    Shouldn't this discussion be taking place in the Rules thread?
    Tsk, Tsk.
    I like the significant landmarks idea. As long as they're significant in an Irish context and not only to locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

josip wrote: »
    Starting to sound like a Galway Hurlers player's meeting now lads :D
    Shouldn't this discussion be taking place in the Rules thread?
    Tsk, Tsk.
    I like the significant landmarks idea. As long as they're significant in an Irish context and not only to locals.

Haha true ive visions of someone putting up a picture of a well on the bottom of their garden ha.

here goes368945.png

This is the current one I assume, it is very familiar, I thought Durrow but I had a look and it's not. Looks like Abbeyfeale as well but that was the last one.
    Looks too easy to last this long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fethard, Co Tipp

yep, go ahead

369024.jpg

Have been through it, but cant place it, is it in Kerry or Limerick?

• Advertisement

Have been through it, but cant place it, is it in Kerry or Limerick?

Neither.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement