Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 2 (read post 1 and reminder of rules on post 9637)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭debit2credit

Not these either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

Terryglass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bansha?

No tis not those two either

No takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Carrickbeg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Is it in Leinster?Mageney?

It's munster and not carrigbeg

Tallow

No Not waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭josip

Ardagh?

Montpelier

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Cork? Glanworth? Maybe too few arches.
    Castletownroche?

Ballyhooly?

No none of these and not in Co. Cork

Ok, Limerck then?

Ok, Limerck then?

Tis not

Kerry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

Time for a clue..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I found it, looking west at Goatenbridge in far south Tipperary, although my google earth view was from a different day with a lot of cloud. Still the same place. If my location is not given as expected, the location is at approximately this lat-long ... 52N 16'27" and 7W 52'16".

• Advertisement

I found it, looking west at Goatenbridge in far south Tipperary, although my google earth view was from a different day with a lot of cloud. Still the same place. If my location is not given as expected, the location is at approximately this lat-long ... 52N 16'27" and 7W 52'16".

Well done M.T. Cranium! Thought no one would find that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I was close to finding it three days ago but never noticed that stream entering the Suir River which has very similar looking bridges. And you had narrowed down the search to Tipps, Clare or Kerry (I think). The picture makes it almost certain that you're looking west and that the river is flowing east. It's relatively flat country and the road looked like it should be a numbered highway which it actually isn't at least not on my version of Google Earth, so that was tricky.

Clare and Kerry didn't seem to have any streams running in the right direction and so I was really concentrating on Tipps and probably the southern half of that. There's always clues but it was odd that your version of Google Earth had the pictures from a different date, that hasn't happened with any other pictures. My version switches to your version about when the camera gets to the junction but for the spot shown I have an overcast sky so I almost didn't check it very carefully but the map looked like being the place.

I may try to post a picture but it won't be today so somebody else should come up with one.

I have one ready if nobody minds
    guessthetown.png

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Ballisodare Co. Sligo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Ballisodare Co. Sligo?

Correct you're up

Wooden bridge or Avoca

Someone else can pop one up to keep things going

Looks like there was no takers, I'll throw up this one so...

capture1_zps6af04315.png~original

• Advertisement

In Mayo somewhere?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement