Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess the Village/Town/City Thread 2 (read post 1 and reminder of rules on post 9637)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

Sorry having trouble uploading pic so someone can take my turn if that is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'll have another go so:D Still can't put the pics up properly, could somebody do the honours:o

312155.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I'll have another go so:D Still can't put the pics up properly, could somebody do the honours:o

312155.jpg

Here ya go. The only thing you are doing wrong is that you have one too mant 'http://' in your image link.

312155.jpg

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

castlepollard?

Not Castlepollard. Thanks h3000, if that's all I've done wrong I should be able to put it right next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Pretty sure it is Knocknagree, few great pubs up there past the Post Office. Someone else can take my go, I've loads of them put up before.

Pretty sure it is Knocknagree, few great pubs up there past the Post Office. Someone else can take my go, I've loads of them put up before.

Knocknagree it is. It's tough trying to pick a spot that people will get without making it too easy for anybody who's very familiar with the area.

Stick one up anyway.

2hzra0l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,117 ✭✭✭✭josip

Annascaul?

nope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Culdaff?

Is that sneem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Sneem

That is Sneem, home of the worlds best black pudding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭WildWater

Rats beaten too it.

WildWater wrote: »
    Rats beaten too it.

Unlucky, do you wanna put one up. I won't be able to until this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Do you have to solve one to post one?
    Someone in YLYL6 (post #1134) is thinking a funny picture is from Ireland.. Im staring at it and it looks familiar but I can;t put my finger on it>

Anyhow mods delete if im cutting in line. I'll solve one ...eventually :(

Armelodie wrote: »
    Someone in YLYL6 (post #1134) is thinking a funny picture is from Ireland.. Im staring at it and it looks familiar but I can;t put my finger on it>

Anyhow mods delete if im cutting in line. I'll solve one ...eventually :(

I got the last one but won't get a chance to post one for a while, knock yourself out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Armelodie wrote: »
    Someone in YLYL6 (post #1134) is thinking a funny picture is from Ireland.. Im staring at it and it looks familiar but I can;t put my finger on it(

20140617084618459800.jpg

The car was bought in Riverside Fiat, North Road, Drogheda, Co Louth..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I found this ^^ looks a bit different on google earth but you can see all the same main features, minus coffin. :eek:

312440.jpg

Combined Drogheda with sports stadium and looking west and spotted it on the map, my screen save will give you the exact location although I'm guessing that anyone who lives in or near Drogheda will know where it is anyway. Would have taken a lot longer without the Drogheda clue.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

That's exactly where it is, Droheda. The hospital entrance is exactly left of the passenger window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Lol, dunno who got that one so! The first poster spotted where the car was from! I think mr. triangualtion was the more definite answer to the picture anyway!

Your deal Mr. Triangulator Cranium.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

And so close to the cemetery!

2400429-1801939538-Close.png

Okay then, here's a pleasant scene in a small town not far from the sea (so not Longford in other words) ...

312457.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Okay then, here's a pleasant scene in a small town not far from the sea (so not Longford in other words) ...

312457.jpg

Skerries.

Not Skerries, my use of the word town might be more accurately village, I don't know what this location is in legal terms. It looks to have a few hundred inhabitants and a train station anyway.

Here's a massive clue -- the name is one of the longest place names in Ireland. I would have to do some research to see if it ranks top ten in that regard. That might be an interesting question in itself, what is the longest place name (all one unbroken word) in Ireland?

If there are no guesses that lead to a winner or a better clue, I may say how many letters in the name later this evening.

Oh also, it's in a county that starts with the same letter as the place name does.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

NewtownMount Kennedy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Or Wellingtonbridge?

Fairly certain it's Wellingtonbridge, the only place I ever saw a person hail down a train!!If anyone has a photo to post ,work away,

• Advertisement

Yes it is Wellingtonbridge, anyway I looked up some info, the longest place names in Ireland have 22 letters, Wellingtonbridge is a village and not a town, and the train station closed in 2010 (no wonder the fella hailed down the train then or was that before 2010?).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement