Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customised internal doors

Options
  • 08-01-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum!

I'm looking for a supplier that sells white (6 panel) internal doors. I need to replace a door that is 71 cm x 196.5 cm

Ideally, I would take a 2nd hand door if available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

chewed wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right forum!

I'm looking for a supplier that sells white (6 panel) internal doors. I need to replace a door that is 71 cm x 196.5 cm

Ideally, I would take a 2nd hand door if available.

BUMP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

try neecy in Ardee he does salvage (you'll pay though) or theres a few large salvage yards down the south side of dublin. 6 panel doors should be easy enough got, i'll take it its to match in and its salvage your looking for, otherwise find a local joinery and any of them will make one to match.

ok thanks. I think salvage is my best bet! Yeah, I'm not looking for anything fancy....just a replacement door for my son's room. We added a carpet which means the door won't open/close so that's why I need a specific size.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

pardon m y ignorance but....

would it not be cheaper to take the door down and sand / plane a small amount off the bottom to give you the clearance you need then re-hang it? Unless the carpet is really deep pile it cant need that much taken off.

if you ever get rid of the carpet you can look at replacing the door then or just stick one of those draft excluder sweepy things across teh bottom

sorry, forgot to mention there's also a big hole in the bottom where my son kicked it in a tantrum!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement