Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

E45m = £36.7 that's what my currency calculator says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

sure they all come now

please please please

i practically begged him the day after the CL Final in the airport to join us, he might have listened :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

E45m = £36.7 that's what my currency calculator says.

Is this your currency calculator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Didnt see the Gundongan news but would be happy enough with that too if true, I would prefer him to stay at Dortmund the rest of the season and show he has no long standing issue from his back, but you dont look a gift horse in the mouth either!

Believe it when I see it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

sure they all come now

25 million not enough? Ah sure here's Kagawa aswell. He's not the Juan Moyes anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never mind lads its BS. sorry..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

NTMK wrote: »
    please please please

i practically begged him the day after the CL Final in the airport to join us, he might have listened :pac:

GOOD MAN ;)

Is this your currency calculator?

Hahahahahahaha

I love Shinji

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Never mind lads its BS. sorry..

ban him mods

;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

I'd take that and the Nike rumour with a truckload of salt. Why would Utd call in Nike? Reeks of Twitter rubbish.

Some already said that United execs are busy elsewhere. United and Nike have a long-standing multi-million pound business relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

kryogen wrote: »
    I love Shinji

An appreciation thread should be started for him, I've the shrine ready to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

GOOD MAN ;)

Drunk bayern fans were far more effective tbh

They were plying the dortmund team with pints

Their 12th man looks like an excellent negotiator :pac:

sorry about that lads again..few feel for it on twitt lad

...watch match now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So disappointed that Zaha hasn't been given a fair crack, he tore through the championship last year and being fair, he can hardly be worse than Young/Valencia at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Some already said that United execs are busy elsewhere. United and Nike have a long-standing multi-million pound business relationship.

A sponsorship relationship. Why would Utd call in a clothing company to negotiate a transfer when there's dedicated agencies for that? I'd be amazed if it was true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

scudzilla wrote: »
    So disappointed that Zaha hasn't been given a fair crack, he tore through the championship last year and being fair, he can hardly be worse than Young/Valencia at the moment

You obviously didn't see the under 21's game the other night

scudzilla wrote: »

Been pretty **** in the reserves, and very obviously not ready to start for United.

I agree he should have got on a couple of times though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Now get nike reps to turin pogba and vidal please oh and on way back stop off in madrid and pick us up a left back..

This must be what its like to have a personal shopper

Go nike

This
    oh and would ye mind also kidnapping the Madrid no 7, he looks a decent player, he might fit in in our attack
    And if you're feeling generous maybe fly to Munich and kidnap the nice Mr Lahm fellow, or failing that the Alves guy in Barcelona looks a bit good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wouldn't it be nice if we sent these Nike guys over to Spain to sort out a Coentrao deal, they come back to OT, walk into the boardroom with Coentrao and say "Here's yer man, we got him for you", also a little bonus cos you're the best club in the world.....and Cristiano walks in

i can but dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Any chance they're holding off announcing the Mata deal till this game is over ?, If we lose or don't get through no will mention it if the deal is announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Lads been up to my eyeballs in work all day, Mata is going to happen, yeah???

Kagawa wrote: »

Seems so. But bad news your being sold

Confirmed to PSG, 48.5 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Cattermole has featured in transfer news? There you go. He plays well in the holding role to let the likes of mata flourish.

• Advertisement

So after 5 minutes of searching twitter, as far as I can see the Nike rumour was started by that Marcelo Lopez character. You might remember him as the lad that claimed he had photos of Ronaldo arriving at Manchester airport for his medical and then deleted his account last Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yes, Shinji. It is looking good. Another play-a-maka for you to play with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Perhaps so, and he's looking for your place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

A sponsorship relationship. Why would Utd call in a clothing company to negotiate a transfer when there's dedicated agencies for that? I'd be amazed if it was true.

If true it's likely a sign that they have good working relationship. Nike are well used to dealing with sports teams and players. If United are lucky enough to be able to call upon the expertise of Nike, who also have a vested interest in United's success, then it's a good choice. I would doubt that there are many agencies out there on par with Nike when it comes to negotiating sports deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Keno wrote: »
    Yes, Shinji. It is looking good. Another play-a-maka for you to play with.

Yes, maybe I should change my name to mata now!!

• Advertisement

Yes, maybe I should change my name to mata now!!

Or maybe you should put your phone back in your pocket and concentrate on the game

If true it's likely a sign that they have good working relationship. Nike are well used to dealing with sports teams and players. If United are lucky enough to be able to call upon the expertise of Nike, who also have a vested interest in United's success, then it's a good choice. I would doubt that there are many agencies out there on par with Nike when it comes to negotiating sports deals.

You reckon a sporting goods company is better equipped to broker a transfer deal instead of a licensed agent/agency? Clubs use these intermediaries all the time, when you hear "club representatives" it's not always club employees. I've no doubt Nike and Utd have a good relationship but they would have very little interest in the deal.

It's a moot point anyway as it's just a rumour started by a known spoofer.

You reckon a sporting goods company is better equipped to broker a transfer deal instead of a licensed agent/agency? Clubs use these intermediaries all the time, when you hear "club representatives" it's not always club employees. I've no doubt Nike and Utd have a good relationship but they would have very little interest in the deal.

It's a moot point anyway as it's just a rumour started by a known spoofer.

They'd have a lot of interest in the deal, mata is sponsored by Nike who would be our biggest signing, lots of money to be made for Nike here

They'd have a lot of interest in the deal, mata is sponsored by Nike who would be our biggest signing, lots of money to be made for Nike here

Sales of Mata Utd jerseys would be fairly insignificant to Nike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yeah loads......explain please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

titan18 wrote: »
    dark_side

Take that down quick or Anderson will come back.

Sales of Mata Utd jerseys would be fairly insignificant to Nike.

I'm not actually sure if you're being sarcastic here, I'm gonna guess that you're not and let it pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 2m

Chelsea have accepted a £37million bid for Juan Mata from Manchester United, medical expected to take place tomorrow. #cfc #mufc

kippy wrote: »
    Yeah loads......explain please?

Man utd make a record signing, sales of nike merchandise goes through the roof. I'd say most people get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mata is sponsored by Adidas..

• Advertisement

Man utd make a record signing who just happens to be sponsored by Nike, sales of nike merchandise goes through the roof. I'd say most people get that

Mata is sponsored by Adidas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball 2m

Chelsea have accepted a £37million bid for Juan Mata from Manchester United, medical expected to take place tomorrow. #cfc #mufc
    Chelsea have accepted a £37million bid for Juan Mata and immediately released the Spanish international to join Manchester United to complete the most dramatic deal of the transfer window.
    Mata will undergo a medical on Thursday at United before completing the move that will see him more than double his £70,000-a-week Chelsea salary at Old Trafford.
    Chelsea have been braced for a bid since Monday for Mata and finally received the offer triggering their acceptance and the release of the player.
    The Premier League club are not expecting the 25-year-old to return to them and have already made plans for his replacements. A medical has been booked in for Thursday for Mata and personal terms accepted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10590820/Juan-Matas-37million-transfer-to-Manchester-United-accepted-by-Chelsea.html

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

If this falls through I am gonna strangle every journalist that linked us with him

I'm not actually sure if you're being sarcastic here, I'm gonna guess that you're not and let it pass

Nah go ahead and enlighten me.

Juan Mata into my Fantasy Football team? hmmmmmmmmmm

What a nice decision to have to make.

Mata is sponsored by Adidas.

Nike must want him back:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Calling Ballague "Ballbag" is abuse lads. Please re-read the charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Looks like a done deal so. Can't help but think there's an agreement in place for Rooney to be sold to Chelsea in the summer

nuxxx wrote: »
    Looks like a done deal so. Can't help but think there's an agreement in place for Rooney to be sold to Chelsea in the summer

I wouldn't say so with the amount of money being talked about for Mata

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Commentator just confirmed it on Sky

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement