Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Martin Tyler just said Mata will have medical tomorow and deal is done 37 million pound

Strangely I switched too Sky Sports News for the headlines at 9 and it's still going with Mata tell's friends he's joining United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Meh. Top players will never come to United as long as Moyes is there.

Commentator just confirmed it on Sky

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif
    Have that gif waiting long? Ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Time to break out the dance moves :)

smith1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

on the evidence of this display and most displays all season, it's going to take a lot more than Mata to sort this mess out.

I hope the signing of Mata doesn't distract and detract from the obvious evidence of 2013/2014 that Moyes hasn't a clue what he's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Yeeeeahhhh Valencia is coming on, before anyone slates him, he's made more goalscoring opportunities than any other United player this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Amazed that Chelsea agreed to that, would have got some odds on that last summer

But anyway... YAY!!

Anchorman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Mata news announced by Martin Tyler. A few minutes later Kagawa is taken off. Coincidence or not?????? (hint: probably is)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

0/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Top players missing out on the World Cup sitting on a bench elsewhere will always come to United in a World Cup year.

Reading more into that is a nonsense.

Mata is coming because a) he wants to play b) he wants to play in the World Cup and c) he wants to play.

Correlating a single thing more into this is silly. It's nothing to do with Moyes and not very much to do with Manchester United either. He'd have gone to any top 4 club in England, Spain, Italy or Germany right now given his predicament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

We have a lot of underperforming players terrible to watch

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

There are some people on here that really piss me off.
    Four or more points are needed from the next 2 games.
    That's the very minimum needed I feel.
    First things first though get the win tonight.

Top players missing out on the World Cup sitting on a bench elsewhere will always come to United in a World Cup year.

Mata is coming because a) he wants to play b) he wants to play in the World Cup and c) he wants to play.

Correlating a single thing more into this is silly. It's nothing to do with Moyes and not very much to do with Manchester United either. He'd have gone to any top 4 club in England, Spain, Italy or Germany right now given his predicament.

Bah humbug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

lordgoat wrote: »

6 points. No less

lordgoat wrote: »

Name and shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kermit_3b29b2_117424.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I don't have any gifs.

But rest assured, I am happy about the Mata deal.

Here is a stationary gif: \0/

It's me with my arms raised with joy. But really, it's just a backslash, a zero and a forward slash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

He'd have gone to any top 4 club in England, Spain, Italy or Germany right now given his predicament.

WTF is he going to United for so???

:D

Sorry..couldn't resist.

(in advance, joke people...calm down)

Can't believe chelsea are letting him go to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Shocked at Mata. Negotiations must have been going on for a bit and glad to see its only come to all our attention in the last 24 hours. Good signing should it complete. Still some more players are needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

United refused to sell Rooney to Chelsea in the summer now Mourinho wants to help them out by selling Mata. What a total fool.

United can have Mata for Rooney + 15 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

789.gif

When I saw Sky Sports News :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Name and shame

As much as i'd like to say more...

i'll save it for my leaving post when a few more get stupid bans. Anyways back on topic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭billyhead

Exactly. He will more then likely spout ****e during the press conference about it always being his boyhood dream to play for us and it was an offer he could not refuse but anyone in his situation desperately wanting to play football and of his talent would not turn his back at the chnce to play regular football with us with the world cup only months away. Who cares though. Its great to have some good news for a change :p

Shocked at Mata. Negotiations must have been going on for a bit and glad to see its only come to all our attention in the last 24 hours. Good signing should it complete. Still some more players are needed.

The next target in the summer should be a top class defensive midfielder like Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Why couldnt they do this with fabregas? No messing about 40 million and see how they react to that instead of lowballing them, 50 million wouldnt have been bad money spent on him. Hopefully they take the same approach to vidal in the summer if they are interested.

billyhead wrote: »
    The next target in the summer should be a top class defensive midfielder like Pogba

Get a signing like that done now if possible. Hope we are working on others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Pogba ain't a defensive midfielder FFS

• Advertisement

The happiness of the mata transfer has been brought back to reality watching welbeck and a few more underperforming again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pogba is an all rounder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

case885 wrote: »
    Why couldnt they do this with fabregas? No messing about 40 million and see how they react to that instead of lowballing them, 50 million wouldnt have been bad money spent on him. Hopefully they take the same approach to vidal in the summer if they are interested.

Ever think that it was simply fabregas didn't want to move but Mata did? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If the transfer goes ahead it will cause currents across Europe. Utd are back bitches lol

It will help to attract the players we need and will jump start our season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Welbeck is a lucky boy to be playing for Manchester. He should have been playing with the likes of Bournemouth for the past few years.

Neeson wrote: »
    Welbeck is a lucky boy to be playing for Manchester. He should have been playing with the likes of Bournemouth for the past few years.

Load of ****e this is

• Advertisement

Ever think that it was simply fabregas didn't want to move but Mata did? ;)

So united knew fabregas didnt want to move yet they still bid? :confused: Makes sense.

Load of ****e this is

He was never good enough. Too many average players. He's one of them. Years ago it might not have been noticed when there was more quality though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looking at this game with Sunderland all over us

We need a centre midfielder, if we don't get one it's going to be the same results

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

case885 wrote: »
    So united knew fabregas didnt want to move yet they still bid? :confused: Makes sense.

Always felt that United were told Fab would be open to a move, but that it was more a case of Fab's camp wanting reassurances of his role at Barca...

Wellbeck is a good player as far as I'm concerned and is a useful addition and option to have up front

• Advertisement

Looking at this game with Sunderland all over us

We need a centre midfielder, if we don't get one it's going to be the same results

If they showed the same drive and attitude as the Swansea game this tie would have been over by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I f**king detest Martin Tyler.

If they showed the same drive and attitude as the Swansea game this tie would have been over by now.

Cup ties are different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I'd never trust someone who calls United Manchester.

Wellbeck is a good player as far as I'm concerned and is a useful addition and option to have up front

I think Landon Donovan would be more useful for an option up front.

Always felt that United were told Fab would be open to a move, but that it was more a case of Fab's camp wanting reassurances of his role at Barca...

Well if that was the case they should have just went in with 40 million instead of multiple failed bids, at least they would no where they stand if they rejected that straight out. It was a bit of an insult bidding 25m on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Shocking performance so far .

Cup ties are different

Playing at home though,no excuse for not trying to go out and win the game in 90 minutes,Sunderland were the better team in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I think Landon Donovan would be more useful for an option up front.
    Not f**king you again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I f**king detest Martin Tyler.

...and it's LIVE!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement