Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I think my head is going to melt. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

De Gea made a howler, but the match shoudnt of gotten to the stage where he made it. Most teams would put sunderland to the sword at home. I don't begrudge them the place in the final though, better team over the two legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

After that i wouldnt be surprised if the mata deal collapsed one disappointment after another one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

What the hell was that, that was a woeful display for a penalty shoot-out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The quality of the penalties and the likes of Welbeck and then people have issues with Donovan. It's a sad day when the penalty takers are those beans. You just knew the likes of Rafael would miss. Mother of god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

I can't believe how we have lost to Sunderland over 2 legs. The shoot out was pathetic some of the worst pens I have ever seen.... Overall Sunderland deserve there place in the final and would love to see them beat city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Fcuking disgraceful tactics and performance absolutely shocking management. Well deserved sunderland.

well deserved Sunderland? They have one shot on target and our usually reliable keeper makes a howler. And Chico should have scored in extra time to give us the deserved win. They were blessed. We were lucky to bring it to penalties in the end but my god how bad were they. As much as some posters would like to you can't blame Moyes for them.

Moyes must be regretting coming to United after watching that penalty shootout. We really are terrible.

Please let us sign Mata tomorrow so we can draw a line under this piss poor season and attempt to start fresh. We really need Rooney and RVP back ASAP. Want Moyes to have a fully fit squad for the run in so he at least gets a fair go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Sunderland were the dominant force. We were always under pressure and couldn't dominate the game. What excuses can we give Moyes, because I have had enough of this rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

BREAKING NEWS: Juan Mata arrested after being caught reversing his way back down the M6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I've never been as deflated as a united fan....at least when we lost to barca in the cl final you knew barca were just to good but ****in Sunderland ...Jesus Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Iago wrote: »
    lol.

Welbeck is definitely good enough for United.
    Not sure if serious or not?
    Cant understand that performance from Utd.

It was like they didn't want to win it.
    CSF wrote: »
    The negativity caught up with United there

This is what happens when a manager from a small team comes to a big player in the world of football. He brings his mentality of small team with him.

Moyes has destroyed our team, I really wanted to give him another chance. I was thinking after the supposed Mata transfer, fair play to Moyes and maybe things are turning around now but they arent, far from it

Moyes is destroying our team, why people fail to see this ill never know. He's tactics tonight were shocking. Utd dont ****ing play like that, its not in our makeup and should never be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mata should avoid this sinking ship.
    If you think its a sinking ship - get on the lifeboat and avoid the ship yourself too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

What a horrible performance the players should be ashamed of themselves. Midfield is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

This is the most f*cking torturous season as a United fan...and I remember finishing 13th in the old division one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Where the **** was Evra for the penalties?? Our bloody Captain should be stepping up.

I would have had De Gea take a peno before Jones ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Headshot wrote: »
    ffs we are ****ing awful. Its just so down heartening that we are this bad. ****ing pathetic to play for the 1-0. That is ****ing Everton style, not utd.

It's Moyes' style, nothing to do with Everton. I'm just happy he's someone else's problem now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was interesting to see Moyes just run down the tunnel as soon as the match was over. No attempt to apologies to fans, no show of anger at the players.

You do wonder how much longer he has now that our one chance of silverware, and the one redeeming factor this season just went up in smoke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Even though there are reports trickling in that he has signed, I won't believe it until I see Mata in a United shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Sign Mata. NOW. Then, sign some f**king steel in the middle of the park. A leader, or at least a player with some balls and courage. Fletch played with some tenacity tonight - and look how far he has come given his serious illness. The rest of them looked like they couldn't give a sh1t.

Awful stuff. Really and truly awful.

Welbeck - what the hell does he offer us?

Valencia - The most 1 dimensional player Ive ever set eyes upon.

Januzaj - I feel bad for him. He's 18, his debut season, and we expect him to win us games.

Kagawa - Again, another disappointing performace, AND he played the majority of his time in his 'favourite' position.

Ger Rooney and RvP back ASAP.

Get Mata over the line ASAP.

SIGN A CM!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If anybody compares Andy Cole to Welbeck again they should get year ban.

Fletcher the only one with balls.

Still though today im still more happy then sad. Which is little weird

Columbia wrote: »
    It's Moyes' style, nothing to do with Everton. I'm just happy he's someone else's problem now.

Sorry your right there. Im unfair on Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Where the **** was Evra for the penalties?? Our bloody Captain should be stepping up.

Was Fletch not the captain tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Boards.ie officially goes into meltdown
    Those penalties though, you have to laugh. ABU's in wonderland again.
    Better get that Mata deal done quick before he changes his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Neeson wrote: »
    The quality of the penalties and the likes of Welbeck and then people have issues with Donovan. It's a sad day when the penalty takers are those beans. You just knew the likes of Rafael would miss. Mother of god

welbeck should have at least hit the target but seriously lad donovan is 31 plays in a poor league would not be worth the fee. im sure we could do better than welbeck for backup striker but donovan is not the answer.

i feel bad saying it but adnans peno was awful too. never like players taking short run ups and almost felt he was gonna miss when i saw how short a run up he was gonna take.
    edgecutter wrote: »
    Sunderland were the dominant force. We were always under pressure and couldn't dominate the game. What excuses can we give Moyes, because I have had enough of this rubbish.

its the league cup not worth crying over and bar a poor mistake which has become a rare sight from de gea we would have went through.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Even though there are reports trickling in that he has signed, I won't believe it until I see Mata in a United shirt.

We need more than him. Mata needs to get the ball and we can't keep it.

• Advertisement

BBC say bid accepted!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Everyone should forget the penalties and de gea. The football united are playing is shocking and they never deserved to go through anyway.

Subbing Kagawa off for Valencia was a disgrace. Sickened that Moyes did that.

I supposed upside, we wont get destroyed by city lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The only player I fancied to score in the shootout was Fletcher. It's about confidence and balls and I just knew Welbeck, Jones, Raf and Jan (who was fantastic otherwise) would fail. With Rooney, RVP and Carrick on the pitch, we'd have won.

Although it should never have got that far in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Blessing in disguise. I said last weekend I hope United don't get through to the final as Man City would steamroll over this United team within 20 minutes. A huge embarrassment tonight but will avoid yet another embarrassment in March. Cementing a Europa Cup place is all left to fight for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

What's the Mata?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Iv seen enough of welbeck now to want him out he is just so overrated it's unreal. I'd love him to be sold in the summer . A lot more should go too. Val. Evra. Ferdinand. Buttner. Cleverley won't go imo and I'd say hernandez or kagawa will be gone.that was pathetic tonight. None of the players mentioned have proved good enough.7 players need clearing out. With mata Powell and 5 more replacing them. Rebuilding this squad is a big job. moyes needs time

@BBCSport: Manchester United's bid for Juan Mata, believed to be in the region of £37m, is accepted by Chelsea subject to a medical on Thurs #MUFC #CFC

David De Gea should be last person anybody should be pointing finger at.

Short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

That really was pathetic, hanging on at home against one of the worst teams in the league. Players looked frightened and whats really scary is that Sunderland looked so much more comfortable then us on the ball. Those penalty's were dreadful, but leaving those aside, what has happened to that team I was watching the match thinking "how did we become so disjointed". The match really encapsulates our season we always look like conceding a late goal lately.
    I'm not sure if it is the players, Moyes, injuries or just bad luck, but something is just not right in the team.

I am increasingly asking myself, where do we go from here, it seems to me that either we get rid of the manager, or we have a massive clearout of players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25849959

Almost there................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Not a surprising result the way the season has gone so far.

Looks like Carrick might be out for a while after going off tonight too.

The midfield is almost non existent at this stage. Getting Mata will be brilliant, but we have to add another body to CM. What's the story with Fellaini, is he back training with the first team yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Short memories.

Said it when the goal went in that it would be unfair on him to point the finger. It was a howler but it happens to the best players. He has performed excellently this season.

Fletcher was the only player who stepped up that looked confident. I honestly did not expect Raf, Jones and Januzaj to score, but their efforts were poor. Welbeck is a joke. You would expect your striker to at least get a penalty on target. The sooner we get RVP and Rooney back the better.

master-t wrote: »
    Sign Mata. NOW. Then, sign some f**king steel in the middle of the park. A leader, or at least a player with some balls and courage. Fletch played with some tenacity tonight - and look how far he has come given his serious illness. The rest of them looked like they couldn't give a sh1t.

Awful stuff. Really and truly awful.

Welbeck - what the hell does he offer us?

Valencia - The most 1 dimensional player Ive ever set eyes upon.

Januzaj - I feel bad for him. He's 18, his debut season, and we expect him to win us games.

Kagawa - Again, another disappointing performace, AND he played the majority of his time in his 'favourite' position.

Ger Rooney and RvP back ASAP.

Get Mata over the line ASAP.

SIGN A CM!!!!

Without turning this into a Kagawa debate i thought we at least looked like creating something with him on the pitch, Welbeck was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

• Advertisement

Short memories.

Damn straight Kew.

I dont want you banned now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Indeed he and Valencia another who showed cowardice in just leaving young lads to step up and take responsibility

Fellaini, Mata, Rooney RVP along with possible new LB would be ****ing huge.

its the league cup not worth crying over and bar a poor mistake which has become a rare sight from de gea we would have went through.[/QUOTE]

The only competition that we were capable of winning and could have given Moyes a trophy that he desperately needs, I would say that this cup was worth crying over.

Besides, the football has been dire, we are not putting away teams. Can we expect to get forth with this type of football? I don't think so.

Smalling was very good that's one positive so expect to see him RB on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Feels like RVP and Rooney are never going to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Kagawa poor yet again and in his best position, what will the dreamers say? Will they call a spade a spade at this stage? Who cares anyway as he'll rightly be shipped out in the Summer as it looks like we have just signed Mata - a real world class playmaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

FutureGuy wrote: »
    BBC say bid accepted!!!!!
    What was that little saying you were banging out all day? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Shocking stuff from united. To protect a 1-0 lead against the bottom team in the league at home is really poor. Moyes tactic are ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

We're so **** we broke boards again!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement