Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If Jose had inherited our squad the players would of been in awe of him & listened to every word. It would be totally different. Managers earn respect & Moyes hasn't yet.

It's much easier to start with a new manager, that the player's admire, than trying to convince them over time.

If there are so many doubts here then there must be doubts in the dressing room. The club had years to prepare for SAF's retirement & they messed it up.There should of been an ordered, smooth transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes 1m
    Landing pad being marked up at #MUFC Carrington training base with Mata due to fly in by helicopter for medical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mata has not even signed and already he is striking fear into the hearts of the opposition.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/455568/I-m-surprised-Juan-Mata-s-Man-Utd-move-shocks-Arsene-Wenger
    [It] opens up the opportunities in this transfer market because Chelsea have already played twice against Man Utd and so don't play them again anymore.

Some teams have already played twice against one opponent and some others not and I think if you want to respect the fairness for everybody - exactly the same - that should not happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Julez wrote: »
    Well its happened before and it will happen again. So, despite what you think, professional footballers can miss penalties.

Its not the penalties though thats the problem .The performances just keep getting worse

and worse .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nice signing. Now get a CM and left back, and sign rooney to new contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Discodog wrote: »
    If Jose had inherited our squad the players would of been in awe of him & listened to every word. It would be totally different. Managers earn respect & Moyes hasn't yet.

It's much easier to start with a new manager, that the player's admire, than trying to convince them over time.

If there are so many doubts here then there must be doubts in the dressing room. The club had years to prepare for SAF's retirement & they messed it up.There should of been an ordered, smooth transition.

They did prepare, hence Moyes rolling contract at Everton, he knew he was next up well before he is letting on he did.

The idea was obviously smooth transition, hence the appointment of someone in SAF mould...

It will get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Well there has to be an excuse, since they did miss them. We saw it happen. Or are you suggesting they missed deliberately?

No. It was the making excuses for them that I objected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Fergie coming back is a bad idea.

The benefit of getting rid of Moyes is whoever comes in after him has the benefit of following a failure of an act. Replacing Moyes will be 100 times easier than replacing Fergie, while bringing him back means we are back in the exact same position next time he leaves.

good point. but it could save us 4th place.

afterall busby came back so sir might aswel follow suit as he seems to be doing exactly the same as sir matt anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Mata has not even signed and already he is striking fear into the hearts of the opposition.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/455568/I-m-surprised-Juan-Mata-s-Man-Utd-move-shocks-Arsene-Wenger

Wenger's is just having a moan because he can see what Jose is at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

No. It was the making excuses for them that I objected to.

Discussing the reasons for something is not the same as excusing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Maybe the helicopter pad is for Phil jones to go looking for his football from last night.

Or to air lift several players out of the club by the bollixx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

**** me he's some whinging wanker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

rebeve wrote: »
    Its not the penalties though thats the problem .The performances just keep getting worse

and worse .

Exactly, those penalties last night are the least of our problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

On a side note it sums up what Evra and Valencia are: Toothless. How two senior players who have a good strike of the ball can abstain from responsibility like that is beyond me, ship the two of them out as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wenger also asked why wasn't Mata sold last week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Are there any early predictions emerging on Carrick?

No early predictions, but how about a late one?

Will start his career with success at youth level with a mid table Premiership club, before moving up the ladder to a team challenging in the top half of the table, pushing for European football. Finally will get his big break to move to one of the biggest teams in the world, win multiple trophies, be the staple of a deteriorating midfield for years, but ultimately is damned by the under-appreciation of his abilities by some fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Agueroooo wrote: »
    It obviously is a big deal for you seeing you brought it up and continue with the paranoia posts.

If something like a username upsets you I suggest you stay away from the big bad match threads :pac:

I done two posts a few hours ago. Not bothered by your user name just your sly posts on a regular basis. But no big deal really. Paranoid I'm not my friend. Thanks for the concern. Now this is a utd thread so let's keep it to that.ps this is not a match thread

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I done two posts a few hours ago. Not bothered by your user name just your sly posts on a regular basis. But no big deal really. Paranoid I'm not my friend. Thanks for the concern. Now this is a utd thread so let's keep it to that.ps this is not a match thread

stand by your statement and quote for me please a couple of these 'sly posts' you're on about...if they are on a 'regular basis' then it shouldn't be too much bother.

I don't use the report function so don't sweat, but I am not going to be accused of something that is no true.

now them posts please.

If your a professional player, you can take pens, simple as.

What you said is 100% accurate. If you are a professional player, you can take a penalty. 10 of them were taken last night.

What gets more complex is whether they will score them or not (pressure, nerves, luck, injury, etc). Players can miss penalties. That's the reason that the first ever penalty shoot out isn't still going to this day.

If your software engineer, and you ask me to do the job of a hardware engineer, do you think you could? Both engineers. Both professionals. Both potentially working the same product. Easy, right?

Of all the problems that exist at MUFC, the f*cking absolute least of them is that Jones, Rafael & Welbeck aren't reliable penalty takers in pressure situations.

• Advertisement

Agueroooo wrote: »
    stand by your statement and quote for me please a couple of these 'sly posts' you're on about...if they are on a 'regular basis' then it shouldn't be too much bother.

I don't use the report function so don't sweat, but I am not going to be accused of something that is no true.

now them posts please.

Lad I'm in a jeep on a phone . Wet having a cup of tea. Not time for going back through posts. What are you on about mentioning report for sure that's daftness. But coming into a utd thread saying as a rival fan I was smiling last night is a bit strange.Anyway the noise is me moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Lad I'm in a jeep on a phone . Wet having a cup of tea. Not time for going back through posts. What are you on about mentioning report for sure that's daftness. But coming into a utd thread saying as a rival fan I was smiling last night is a bit strange.Anyway the noise is me moving on.

Will you ditch this rubbish. The Aguerro guy posts plenty of decent stuff, just because your knickers are in a twist over losing last night is not his problem.

Wenger can't understand Chelsea selling mata to a direct rival yet he sold us RVP. My mind! It boggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

The fact Chico didnt take a penalty is baffling. I know he had cramp during extra time but thats a lame excuse. Lash some electrolytes into the gums and bury thr ball in the back of the net. He bottled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Devil08 wrote: »
    Wenger can't understand Chelsea selling mata to a direct rival yet he sold us RVP. My mind! It boggles!

He's obviously talking about half way through the season. He's still wrong but let's not deliberately misinterpret him.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Will you ditch this rubbish. The Aguerro guy posts plenty of decent stuff, just because your knickers are in a twist over losing last night is not his problem.

I wear jocks I'm reporting you

• Advertisement

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague 26m
    El United tiene a Wayne Rooney en venta... http://bit.ly/1dRfDTv @diarioas

Roughly translates to United have put Rooney up for sale.

So that means Mata to sign today, and a new contract on the way for Rooney. Job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

The fact Chico didnt take a penalty is baffling. I know he had cramp during extra time but thats a lame excuse. Lash some electrolytes into the gums and bury thr ball in the back of the net. He bottled it.

You're one of these "footballers get paid too much to be fatigued" type guys aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

v3ttel wrote: »
    Of all the problems that exist at MUFC, the f*cking absolute least of them is that Jones, Rafael & Welbeck aren't reliable penalty takers in pressure situations.
    This x1000. I cannot understand those (itt and in the big bad real world) pissing and moaning about those missing penalties. It's pathetic of course but it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. How last nights game even got as far as bloody penalties I'll never understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mr Kettle, meet Mr Pot..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Jesus H. Christ, after the awesomeness of yesterday, the thread is going down the sh!tter again.

I'd like to see you have serious cramp and try to walk, let alone take a fcuking penalty. You could see that Chico was absolutely fcuked after 115 and was barely walking before penaties.

EDIT: Actually, yeah this is ruining my Matabuzz. Think I'll pop in later when all the penalty experts die down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

RVP was entering the last year of his contract and was agitating for a move and releasing his 'statement'. Huge difference to this sale.

I struggle to believe a word Balague says but this Rooney rumour wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'd say he's nailed on to leave in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

listermint wrote: »
    Firing high over the bar....

Come off it big man. Power and pace at the keeper isnt difficult. It looks like all of them were trying to place it . Fanciful notions of having the skill to do so.

You don't think that professional footballers playing for Manchester United have the skill to place a football from a penalty?

Most players in the LSL have enough skill to do this.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ, after the awesomeness of yesterday, the thread is going down the sh!tter again.

I'd like to see you have serious cramp and try to walk, let alone take a fcuking penalty. You could see that Chico was absolutely fcuked after 115 and was barely walking before penaties.

EDIT: Actually, yeah this is ruining my Matabuzz. Think I'll pop in later when all the penalty experts die down.

A penalty involves 5 metres of running. He used the cramp as an excuse and bottled it. End of.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A penalty involves 5 metres of running. He used the cramp as an excuse and bottled it. End of.

Lol. Ok.

RVP was entering the last year of his contract and was agitating for a move and releasing his 'statement'. Huge difference to this sale.

No there isn't. A club decides if they want to sell to a rival or not, not the player. Statements from players aren't worth sh1t. If Rooney released a statement saying he wanted to join Chelsea or man city, Moyes would wipe his arse with it and throw it at him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Hernandez would have taken a peno had he not been injured. He was clearly in some discomfort after extra time. He had run his balls off all game. I'd love to see some people on here take a penalty in those circumstances.

Hernandez can handle the pressure. He takes penalties for Mexico quite a lot.

End of, what? Your nonsensical ill-informed bullsh*t? Good.

The chap couldn't f*cking walk without a heavy limp. What do you want them to do, get a wheelchair to wheel him up to take it?

Under normal circumstances he would be the first choice penalty taker of those on the pitch. He has taken penalties for United before. He takes penalties for Mexico.

My granny would have taken a peno last night if she had balls, played for Utd, and was still alive. All shoulda woulda couldas!!
    Game is over, penos were sh1t, get out on the training ground and lash 50 penos each and move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

can someone clarify if this is true please -

Was listening to Jason Cundy last night on TalkSport, who usually knows what he's talking about, but he said Rooney can buy out his contract in the summer for £14 million.

Is that true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

My granny would have taken a peno last night if she had balls, played for Utd, and was still alive. All shoulda woulda couldas!!
    Game is over, penos were sh1t, get out on the training ground and lash 50 penos each and move on

one problem there: moyes doesn't train with footballs

they're probably all doing 600 laps each.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any more on Fabio Coentrao lads and ladies? - gone very quiet on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Was listening to Jason Cundy last night on TalkSport, who usually knows what he's talking about, but he said Rooney can buy out his contract in the summer for £14 million.

Is that true?

Yeah it is,

He's over 28 and is entering the final year of his contract so he can buy out the remaining year which I'm guessing his salary is £14 million.

Is that true?

Technically true but not quite that simple http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/may/20/webster-ruling-matuzalem-cas-compensation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Is that true?

As far as i know he can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster_ruling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I must say I'm starting to accept that Rooney may be gone next season. However, I do think the club can succeed without him if the squad issues are properly addressed in the summer.

Mata, a top Cm or 2 and a LB would do wonders to cover the void left by Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

He's over 28 and is entering the final year of his contract so he can buy out the remaining year which I'm guessing his salary is £14 million.[/QUOTE]

so im assuming if he bought out his contract for around that figure, and say Chelsea want him, they'd probably get him for a total of like £35m as opposed to £50 or £60m? I mean obviously if he buys it out the club will be due some compensation but would it be cheaper for a buying club?

Obviously Rooney wont be wanting to pay £14m out of his own pocket but im sure the buying club would sort him out with it.

v3ttel wrote: »
    End of, what? Your nonsensical ill-informed bullsh*t? Good.

The chap couldn't f*cking walk without a heavy limp. What do you want them to do, get a wheelchair to wheel him up to take it?

Under normal circumstances he would be the first choice penalty taker of those on the pitch. He has taken penalties for United before. He takes penalties for Mexico.
    . He's the main striker. He played the full game. Scored a goal in the 121st min . Had cramp was limping. Still could have took a peno. 5 m more and bust the back of the net. Was poor showing. Send a centre half up instead. Lame. Ps wheelchair not required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I love every facet of this transfer, especially how annoyed other teams fans are. It's just so satisfying in every way. Watch it collapse now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Rob Beasley on Twitter said Mata has handed in a transfer request, adding to the speculation that no bid was accepted yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement