Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Did Chico hurt himself in the goal celebration, after full time in E.T he was limping and wincing in pain, there was a shot of him standing and someone down at his foot so it's wasn't cramp, he would lay down and leg up getting it stretched out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

can someone clarify if this is true please -

Was listening to Jason Cundy last night on TalkSport, who usually knows what he's talking about, but he said Rooney can buy out his contract in the summer for £14 million.

Is that true?

Not that simple. He could but CAS would get involved to determine his market value for which himself and any club would then be liable for.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/may/20/webster-ruling-matuzalem-cas-compensation

Also, there is, as far as I know, an unwritten agreement between top clubs to not exploit this contract rule to get players on the cheap from each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

irishfeen wrote: »
    Any more on Fabio Coentrao lads and ladies? - gone very quiet on that front.

I know ya,I think that deal could be dead unless Madrid sign a new LB to cover for Marcelo for the rest of the season,there was reports last week that Madrid were after Moreno of Seville but then there was reports that Utd were interested as well in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Rob Beasley on Twitter said Mata has handed in a transfer request, adding to the speculation that no bid was accepted yet.

Please say it aint so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

so im assuming if he bought out his contract for around that figure, and say Chelsea want him, they'd probably get him for a total of like £35m as opposed to £50 or £60m? I mean obviously if he buys it out the club will be due some compensation but would it be cheaper for a buying club?

Obviously Rooney wont be wanting to pay £14m out of his own pocket but im sure the buying club would sort him out with it.

Well for starters Utd wouldn't get 50 or 60m for Rooney, there just isn't the demand for him. More importantly though clubs tend to not try and screw each other over in these situations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

We are not signing Mata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Rob Beasley on Twitter said Mata has handed in a transfer request, adding to the speculation that no bid was accepted yet.

Didn't this come up before that sometimes a transfer request has to be handed in so the player isn't entitled to a portion of the transfer fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Well for starters Utd wouldn't get 50 or 60m for Rooney, there just isn't the demand for him. More importantly though clubs tend to not try and screw each other over in these situations.

ok but i mean if Mata is worth £37m then surely Rooney must go for similar given he's older and only 1 year left on his contract, any more than £37m would be a bit greedy?

Surprised they didn't swap them tbh. Unless Rooney doesn't want to leave but that's not the noises his camp seem to be making if you believe social media and radio!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We are not signing Mata
    Back with a bang :pac:

I know ya,I think that deal could be dead unless Madrid sign a new LB to cover for Marcelo for the rest of the season,there was reports last week that Madrid were after Moreno of Seville but then there was reports that Utd were interested as well in him.
    Hopefully Madrid get the finger out and sign someone - Mata, Coentrao and one more ... would be sweet!

• Advertisement

ok but i mean if Mata is worth £37m then surely Rooney must go for similar given he's older and only 1 year left on his contract, any more than £37m would be a bit greedy?

Surprised they didn't swap them tbh. Unless Rooney doesn't want to leave but that's not the noises his camp seem to be making if you believe social media and radio!!

Well transfers aren't done in a vacuum so little point comparing them but yeah I'd say your valuation of Rooney is spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Question lads it may have been discussed already but what exactly is a third party bid?

I thought it just meant that they were using a third party to make the bid like an intermediary..

But one of the lads was saying it meant that like a third party was buying him for us like, the way tevez was owned by those people?

can anyone clear this up for me?

. He's the main striker. He played the full game. Scored a goal in the 121st min . Had cramp was limping. Still could have took a peno. 5 m more and bust the back of the net. Was poor showing. Send a centre half up instead. Lame. Ps wheelchair not required.

Absolute bollocks of the highest order. The lad was dead on his feet and was still busting a gut for us til the end, if he was in any fit state to take one he would have. Always amazes me how little actual support some of our supporters seem to give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Rumours that Bayern are after Mata now, its Bild though so probably bollox

Bild are actually pretty reliable re. Bayern. It's their stories on everyone else you take with salt.

I swear to god if they manage to fcuk this one up i'll.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bild are actually pretty reliable re. Bayern. It's their stories on everyone else you take with salt.

Its a made up Twitter rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Bayern are short a midfielder or two as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

there's no way Mourinho will sell Mata to someone he perceives to be a rival for a trophy this season.

Bayern he'd view as a rival for CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

there's no way Mourinho will sell Mata to someone he perceives to be a rival for a trophy this season.

He's cup tied in the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

He's cup tied for CL so what would that matter?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Lads what's this 'bid made from a 3rd party' for Man Utd in the Mata deal?

is it creative accounting or something to do with the plc?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Relax guys, Beasley did indeed say that, but his following tweet explains it....

ROB‏@1RobBeasley 23m
    Mata has formally handed in a transfer request!

David Moyes has rejected it!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

But if we don't sign mata utd can release a statement saying utd are always interested in the best players .

Not to mention pep

Agueroooo wrote: »

Probably just an agent/agency acting on behalf of Utd. I don't know why Sky keep mentioning it, even their own reporter last night said it's pretty common.

It's reported ed wood and the Chelsea chief exec don't get on over the Rooney bids. So needed an in between . Are we friends now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

My hopes are now officially raised.

I ****ing hate transfer windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Al Capwned wrote: »
    My hopes are now officially raised.

I ****ing hate transfer windows.

Calm yourself, Mata will not sign for United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ben Smith,BBC Sport

Mata to Man Utd

"Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata is set to arrive at Manchester United's Carrington training ground by helicopter later. He will be met by United boss David Moyes before having a medical."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/25642341

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

:confused: why would United need to do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Not sure if already posted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

the 3rd party is kia joorabchian

yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone at the match hear anything on other potential transfers?

Pops here at home last night asked how "that good fella Ronaldo" is doing at Man Utd and why isn't he playing.... maybe he knows something we don't :pac:

*Irishfeen's pops - Ronaldo to Utd back on!

• Advertisement

Wenger also asked why wasn't Mata sold last week :)

If Utd had beaten Chelsea on Sunday it might not have happened,we are not a threat to Chelsea now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Devil08 wrote: »
    Wenger can't understand Chelsea selling mata to a direct rival yet he sold us RVP. My mind! It boggles!

RvP was in the last 12 months of his contract, had handed in a transfer request and would only sign for United out of the clubs that were in for him.

It is a very different situation to this Mata transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Chelsea go for Barkely, we should match whatever they pay.

They have a limit of 32m I think after Matic and I don't see them going that high on Barkley. If it's 20-25 we should be in there and he would walk into our midfield.

Him or Cabaye look like the best we can get at this point.

And the Mata deal still isn't done, if it's not done by tonight I'll start getting worried

Its amazing that the BBC have went with "Chelsea accept Man Utd's £37m Mata bid" and sky only go with "Mata closer to United switch" but Martin Tyler said last night via sky "Mata medical tommorrow" ... you would be thinking that it would the BBC taking the more conservative approach to the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If Chelsea go for Barkely, we should match whatever they pay.

They have a limit of 32m I think after Matic and I don't see them going that high on Barkley. If it's 20-25 we should be in there and he would walk into our midfield.

Him or Cabaye look like the best we can get at this point.

And the Mata deal still isn't done, if it's not done by tonight I'll start getting worried
    Barkley isnt playing cm ,he might develop into one but he has been playing No. 10 for Everton.Barkley has been way over hyped in my opinion.

Cayabe would be a good signing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS: Manchester United hope to make more additions in the January transfer window having all but completed the signing of Juan Mata, with Paul Pogba, Arturo Vidal and Eliaquim Mangala their top targets.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

MailOnline Sport ‏@MailSport 4m
    BREAKING: The helicopter bringing Juan Mata to Manchester United's training ground has arrived #mufc #cfc

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Clone roy keane.....

Only way to put a big pair of hairy (this is my ****ing midfield and thats my football) balls into the united midfield

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    MailOnline Sport ‏@MailSport 4m

:D

I hope it's not bebe returning with a superman cape on

What I would not give to have Keane and Scholes in their prime now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What number will he take for you? It seems his brand is JuanMata10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What I would not give to have Keane and Scholes in their prime now.

Vidal and Pogba are the closest?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Vidal and Pogba are the closest?

Maybe but them both aint coming sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

miralize wrote: »
    What number will he take for you? It seems his brand is JuanMata10

7 I'd say.

Maybe but them both aint coming sadly.
    What did I tell you about negativity Kew - believe! ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement