Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

miralize wrote: »
    What number will he take for you? It seems his brand is JuanMata10

I reckon he'll be given number 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Last night, at approximately 22.30pm a man from the Crumpsall area of North Manchester rang 999 in a drunken state demanding to speak to Sir Alex Ferguson about last night’s result.

Obviously, it can be a sad and depressing moment when you’re football team loses a game, however can we all please remember that 999 is to be used for emergencies only. For any other police related enquiries that are not an emergency, you can ring 101.

If you would like to speak to Sir Alex about recent football results we here at GMP Manchester North can only suggest you try ringing Manchester United FC directly as you will probably (not definitely) have a much better chance of getting through to him there rather than ringing the police.

GMP Manchester North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Mata for £37m puts into sharp focus the absolute LUNACY Moyes paid for Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Mata for £37m puts into sharp focus the absolute LUNACY Moyes paid for Fellaini.

Unless, with his (unconfirmed) new bionic wrist, Fellaini becomes an absolute monster in the DM position, and smashes his way through the Premier League, forcing Yaya Toure to sign for PSG just to escape his wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

No it doesn't. Fellaini wasn't leaving for anything but the release clause, Mata is all but being forced out so his price will be arguably less than it would have been last year. Fellaini hasn't got a proper run in this team, he will be a top player for us in time, I am confident of this. Don't forget he starts and plays very well in a star-studded Belgian squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

xtal191 wrote: »
    I reckon he'll be given number 8

Reminds me of a convo I saw on red cafe last night :D
    8 would fit him better I think, with Ando gone.
    Yeah but the shirt would be like a bed sheet on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Does it? Fellaini is worth about 25M, Mata is worth about 35M would have been my impression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Zaha has admitted he was wrong to phone the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kagawa on pitch:
    76% possession
    0 penalty miss

Kagawa off pitch:
    31% possession
    4 penalty miss

Only thing need medical is head of Moyes!

https://twitter.com/evilkagawa

• Advertisement

Fellaini abuse is bit crazy considering he has pretty much played little part in our season. Least give the man 15-20 games before we go calling him anything.

Was he worth 27 million is up for debate, but if he shows his Everton form for us it would be huge help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Don't be writing off Fellaini lads, great signing who will come good if given a run of games. He's a DM, plain and simple, and I think he'll thrive in that position once he realises he doesn't have to bomb up the field. He'll prove that 27M was a good price. He destroyed teams last year, including that red devils team.

Last year, if someone said we would have Mata and Fellaini in our midfield, they would have been told to fcuk off back for Football Manager.

Patience lads. It's beginning to come together.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fellaini was a key player for Everton who they didn't want to let go, hence his price is pushed higher.

Mata is a player who Chelsea don't want and who has sat on the bench for the last 6 months, thus lowering his price.

Trying to compare their prices as proof one was a "bad" transfer without taking other factors on board is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

"United will struggle to sign any world class players without Fergie"

"There's no money available, any links to big names are all fabricated to give the illusion that there is"

2 theories that I hope to hear less of after today.
    Get it done please!!!

"There's no money available, any links to big names are all fabricated to give the illusion that there is"

Get it done please!!!

Woodward is a penny pincher to be replaced by Woodward is too flathúil with his money.

At least people will be restricted to just one of the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Get it done please!!!

Awaits we will not sign Mata :pac:

Anyway the bitterness of Anfield has started with my friends, Mata was called a dud "just like Fellaini" and he would rather have Henderson......:P

• Advertisement

Mata will sell a jersey or 2 as well.

As good a signing as we have ever made imo.

[ ] Threadworthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Get it done please!!!

We all know the Glazers won't invest money. It's a known fact. It's been stated over and over again, with absolute certainty.

De Gea, Jones, Young, Fellaini, Kagawa, Mata, Van Persie, Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson, Tevez (loan fee of £5 million per season, for two seasons), Carrick.

All of these players were signed for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Why do people compare prices, who cares what utd pay for players. A midfield containing Mata and Fellaini is a considerable effort at improving the midfield, something that hasn't happened in a long time. Mata is an excellent signing if it goes through and Fellaini will prove to be a good signing as well. Utd used to break British transfer records on a regular basis, its good to see them back flexing the muscles again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I hope Vidal was on that helicopter

Who am I kidding he'd bring a helicopter down, I hope somewhere in Manchester there's a 10 truck convoy holding the beast in the back like...

x3_d.jpg

Headed to Carrington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

With the helicopter approaching Carrington Moyes has told Welbeck to stop shooting practice just in case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

v3ttel wrote: »
    We all know the Glazers won't invest money. It's a known fact. It's been stated over and over again, with absolute certainty.

De Gea, Jones, Young, Fellaini, Kagawa, Mata, Van Persie, Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson, Tevez (loan fee of £5 million per season, for two seasons), Carrick.

That isn't the Glazers investing money - they haven't invested money.

Players have been bought and paid for by Man United, from Man United revenues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Fellaini was a key player for Everton who they didn't want to let go, hence his price is pushed higher.

Mata is a player who Chelsea don't want and who has sat on the bench for the last 6 months, thus lowering his price.

Trying to compare their prices as proof one was a "bad" transfer without taking other factors on board is stupid.

So £37m is a discount lower price in your opinion? wow.

Money is money. Regardless of circumstances it's still pounds, schillings and pence in England.

£27m on Fellaini, at this point in time, on a scale of '1-Stewart Downing' on the waste scale is near the Downing level.

£37m on Mata is sound business.

Proof the former is a "bad transfer" is easily deduced from his inept performances on the field coupled to his price tag.

And if people want to argue, like Kagawa, that it's all down to him being played out of position then they'd have to finally admit Moyes is clueless because he seems to be getting the worst out of a lot of the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Now to break the bank for Vidal!

How much do ye think it would take, £50m+?
    I couldn't think of a more ideal signing to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Are we on TV Tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The media back tracking begins. United will not sign Mata.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For Mata? Yes. If Mata hadn't been on the bench for the last half a season, I'd have easily seen a team paying 50m+ for him, if they'd been able to get him at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

v3ttel wrote: »

If you are to take SAF on his word - they never prevented him from signing anyone and it was a case of name your player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Are we on TV Tuesday?
    Not on UK or Irish channels no . Liverpool & Everton are on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

How drunk would you need to be?!!

I think the adjective you are looking for is "stupid".

The great thing about Man. Utds. recent "crisis" is we all again get to see how idiotic some football fans are. Just like the "supporter" changing swapping his Man. Utd. shirt for an Arsenal one as if he were a new singing, it reminds of the times I laughed at YouTube videos of people burning their Gerrard or Torres shirts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Proof the former is a "bad transfer" is easily deduced from his inept performances on the field coupled to his price tag.

This is very inept proof though. He's played 11 games for the club (not all starts) and has been hampered with injuries. The sample size is far too small to be making the above statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Spent the last hour watching videos of Vidal. Moyes sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Money is money. Regardless of circumstances it's still pounds, schillings and pence in England.

£27m on Fellaini, at this point in time, on a scale of '1-Stewart Downing' on the waste scale is near the Downing level.

£37m on Mata is sound business.

And if people want to argue, like Kagawa, that it's all down to him being played out of position then they'd have to finally admit Moyes is clueless because he seems to be getting the worst out of a lot of the squad.
    Fellaini has only just joined the club, and has suffered injuries. To say his inept performances already prove him a waste of money is bollix imo.

He isn't a poor player, he has been playing poorly. If he never turns it around, then it can be considered a waste, but give him some actual game time with some fitness before judging him.

It is, imo, a 3million waste as his release clause that we allowed to lapse was 24million.

I still reckon Fellaini will prove to be a very good squad player - once he starts playing to his potential. You may consider that he was bought at a price that should have got us a world class central midfielder, but I never felt he would be much more than a very good squad player - an significant improvement on Cleverley, Anderson, Jones in midfield. He should have been signed alongside a world class CM, and I believe that was the plan - Fabregas and Fellaini were players we wanted to add to the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Fellaini abuse is bit crazy considering he has pretty much played little part in our season. Least give the man 15-20 games before we go calling him anything.

Was he worth 27 million is up for debate, but if he shows his Everton form for us it would be huge help.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Don't be writing off Fellaini lads, great signing who will come good if given a run of games. He's a DM, plain and simple, and I think he'll thrive in that position once he realises he doesn't have to bomb up the field. He'll prove that 27M was a good price. He destroyed teams last year, including that red devils team.

Last year, if someone said we would have Mata and Fellaini in our midfield, they would have been told to fcuk off back for Football Manager.

Patience lads. It's beginning to come together.

Completely agree with all of you about this. Fellaini will prove to be a good player for us. He's a good age, experienced in the Premiership, and will improve us when fully fit and starts to play well. He has not become a bad player over night. He took 6 months to a year, to begin to win the Everton fans over.

When you slot in 3 genuinely world class players (RVP, Rooney, Mata), and one very good player in our weakest position (Fellaini), I'm pretty confident things will pick up in a hurry.

There'll be a good physiological effect from signing a world class player like Mata, that will lift everyone too. Signing a genuinely world class player is a signal of intent also. It could help the club get Rooney tied down when he thinks "You know what, I could have Van Persie as my strike partner, with Mata and Januzaj supplying the ammunition", etc.

If De Gea hadn't fumbled that ball, people would be looking at a positive change in fortunes. That's how fickle a lot of fans are. One mistake, and it's all doom and gloom. 10 ok/poor performances from Fellaini at a new club, and he's a misfit, waste of money, donkey, etc. I don't get the completely reactionary opinions that get bandied about.

Get it done please!!!

Those arguments had zero logic behind them anyways. I don't more indisputable evidence will stop them.

There's no reason for Vidal to leave Juve now unless we make an offer Juve have to accept, and offer him a decent wage.

It's a fantasy signing.

With Carrick, Fellaini out and Anderson gone, Cleverley and Fletcher just aren't good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Now to break the bank for Vidal!

How much do ye think it would take, £50m+?
    I couldn't think of a more ideal signing to be honest.

I agree, would be the ideal midfielder for us now, box to box, can score, tackle, assist, not afraid to get stuck in.....throw as much money as it takes to tempt Juve to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

There's no reason for Vidal to leave Juve now

Theres always one reason............MONEY !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

There's no reason for Vidal to leave Juve now unless we make an offer Juve have to accept, and offer him a decent wage.

It's a fantasy signing.

With Carrick, Fellaini out and Anderson gone, Cleverley and Fletcher just aren't good enough

fellaini is back in training as of earlier this week

• Advertisement

Would be great to see Fellaini, RVP, Rooney and Mata all available and fit against Cardiff - that alone would give us a massive boost.

magnumbud wrote: »
    fellaini is back in training as of earlier this week

Fit for Cardiff game?

We could lose both Fulham and Cardiff games with a midfield of Clevs and Fletcher IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

irishfeen wrote: »
    Would be great to see Fellaini, RVP, Rooney and Mata all available and fit against Cardiff - that alone would give us a massive boost.

Imagine seeing the below start against Cardiff. That would give both the supports and the team itself a boost!
    DeGea
    Rafael - Smalling - Jones/Evans - Evra
    Fletcher - Fellaini
    Mata - Rooney - Januzaj
    RVP

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Imagine seeing the below start against Cardiff. That would give both the supports and the team itself a boost!
    DeGea
    Fletcher - Fellaini
    Mata - Rooney - Januzaj
    RVP
    That would be perfection.

• Advertisement

Anyone else think Rafael has gone backwards by a distance this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

DeGea
    Fletcher - Fellaini
    Mata - Rooney - Januzaj
    RVP

thats a savage team!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Not enough mobility between the two centre mids in that team. Fletcher, with his current fitness, is second to every ball and Fellaini is also pretty slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Rafael has gone backwards by a distance this year?

He does seem to have regressed slightly, yeah. A bit worrying for the guy. Hopefully just a blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

DeGea
    Fletcher - Fellaini
    Mata - Rooney - Januzaj

RVP

I could see Fellaini working better with Fletch than Carrick, Fletcher would be more dynamic, leaving Fellaini to hold whereas when Carrick and Fellaini played they were in eachothers way with Fellaini eventually kind of getting caught between positions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement