Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Imagine seeing the below start against Cardiff. That would give both the supports and the team itself a boost!
    DeGea
    Rafael - Smalling - Jones/Evans - Evra
    Fletcher - Fellaini
    Mata - Rooney - Januzaj
    RVP

A stronger lb and Fletcher fit and on form thats as good as we can expect. It might just happen you know:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Soldie wrote: »
    Not enough mobility between the two centre mids in that team. Fletcher, with his current fitness, is second to every ball and Fellaini is also pretty slow.

Fellaini isn't slow by any stretch. Deceptively quick, needs to show it more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Rafael has gone backwards by a distance this year?

Yes, he is starting to look like the Raf of 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Whatever about Rafael, I think Smalling has gone to the absolute dogs, he was shocking a couple of time last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

irishfeen wrote: »
    That would be perfection.

Jes8s if you think that would be perfection we're in a lot of trouble. Smalling centr half. And Fellaini who has not impressed in 1 game since arrving and has been out for 2 mths.
    The only thing i agree with is having rooney & rvp back and Mata signed.
    Perfection though. Far from it. We still missing the most important player we need A box to box midfielder. Add Vidal in there and a new centre half.....maybe ill say perfection then. In fact screw the centre half. Moyes can have no excuses if he gets those 2 players and we still dung.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Imagine seeing the below start against Cardiff. That would give both the supports and the team itself a boost!
    DeGea
    Rafael - Smalling - Jones/Evans - Evra
    Fletcher - Fellaini
    Mata - Rooney - Januzaj
    RVP

Go on and fcuk off back to your championship manager...

oooohhhh waaaiiittt

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Now that Mata is all but signed, where is the future for Kagawa ??
    Personally I think he will go in the summer now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Rafael has gone backwards by a distance this year?
    Yep, another that gets a free ride on here when it comes to criticism.
    I'd still have him over the other options though if only for a bit more threat going forward.
    A Valencia/Smalling or Valencia/Jones combo makes me very sad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Off topic: How do I put someone on ignore.

Edit: Sorry found it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Off topic: How do I put someone on ignore

Click on Username >>> User CP >>> Control Panel >>> Settings and Options >>> Edit Ignore List

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

bullvine wrote: »
    Whatever about Rafael, I think Smalling has gone to the absolute dogs, he was shocking a couple of time last night.

He has been playing RB though. Smalling has the ability to be world class and is still only 24. I'd have a lot more faith in him than Phil Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

royster999 wrote: »
    Now that Mata is all but signed, where is the future for Kagawa ??
    Personally I think he will go in the summer now.

Kagawa returns to dortmund in a swap deal for reuss, gundogan or hummels...

If carlsberg did perfect transfer windows that would be it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Montroseee wrote: »
    He has been playing RB though. Smalling has the ability to be world class and is still only 24. I'd have a lot more faith in him than Phil Jones.

Smalling made a few vital clearing headers last night. He s more commanding in the air than evans i think although pound for pound evans is a better player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Rafael always worries me. His sending off against Bayern a few years back always annoys me. We had them that night and could have went on to win the tournament with Barca knocked out.

His tackle in the last few minutes against Chelsea was disgraceful, I hope Moyes went to town on him over that.

I won't even go into that penalty last night

Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Still can't get my hopes up on this Mata deal... still feel it will fall apart. Not through fault of United, I think we are doing everything we can to get it done, just feel Chelsea may pull the plug on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kagawa will go back to Dortmund and show us his class in a system that doesn't involve crossing the ball at the end of every attack

One of my favourite players to watch when he was at Dortmund and to be fair to him the games he got in his favourite position was probably the best football we've played this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Still can't get my hopes up on this Mata deal... still feel it will fall apart. Not through fault of United, I think we are doing everything we can to get it done, just feel Chelsea may pull the plug on it.

Yep, if a bid had been accepted a medical would have taken place by now

Blatter wrote: »
    Click on Username >>> User CP >>> Control Panel >>> Settings and Options >>> Edit Ignore List

Or, far simpler.... click on their username in a thread - select 'Add Blatter (for example) to Ignore List. Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Personal terms would come before a medical. Unless you're Spurs trying to buy Willian, and well we know where he plays now.

Do the medicals not take place in some private hospital, or did they move to carrington, I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Do the medicals not take place in some private hospital, or did they move to carrington, I can't remember

They moved to Carrington not so long ago IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What have I done?:confused::confused:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

David-Moyes-Capital-One-Cup-v-Sunderland4_3063115.jpg?20140108121826

Or, far simpler.... click on their username in a thread - select 'Add Blatter (for example) to Ignore List. Done.

I wonder who is the most ignored, oh hold on nobody can see this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I wonder who is the most ignored, oh hold on nobody can see this :D

i have been wondering lately if i am on anybodies ignore list. up until the last while i had nobody on mine but now i have 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

A helicopter has just flown over BBC Sport HQ, which is barely a par five away from Old Trafford, but there is no confirmation yet of Juan Mata's move to Manchester United, as soon as we have it we will bring it to you.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/25642341

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The SSN reporter was saying an hour ago a chopper flew over as well all the paps rushed to get pictures only to find it was the local rescue chopper.

magnumbud wrote: »
    i have been wondering lately if i am on anybodies ignore list. up until the last while i had nobody on mine but now i have 1

Iv none on mine, never even thought of it , thinking of it now would you find it hard to follow the thread if you even had 3 regular posters hidden, what's the point even the ones that bug you slightly still take part in a conversation and lead to some witty replys,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its probably your man who rang 999 looking to speak to Fergie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

The SSN reporter was saying an hour ago a chopper flew over as well all the paps rushed to get pictures only to find it was the local rescue chopper.

If I was a millionaire helicopter owner with some time to kill I'd definitely be trolling them hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'll take help from any quarter right now. In fact, a St Bernard with a small keg of brandy around its neck would probably do a better job than Cleverley.

If I was a millionaire helicopter owner with some time to kill I'd definitely be trolling them hard!

Hahaha funny , you could prob get a good reaction at stoke 10pm next fri,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i would say that if a deal hadnt been accepted chelsea would have been out to deny it by now surely no? also presuming he was actually not at training today? even at the ground
    Iv none on mine, never even thought of it , thinking of it now would you find it hard to follow the thread if you even had 3 regular posters hidden, what's the point even the ones that bug you slightly still take part in a conversation and lead to some witty replys,

it could be awkward but it wasn't a regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Until the move is confirmed I won't get excited, I still can't believe it'll happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd have both Jones and Evans over Smalling at this point in time. Jones with a proper midfield shield can attack the ball while Evans covers. Smalling has looked too pedestrian and out of focus for me whereas Jones and Evans give absolutely everything on the field and even if they make mistakes, in time I feel that they have the ability both with the ball and without it to be a great partnership. With Vidic, Rio and Smalling also there though I feel that they may never get a chance to develop it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I'm practicing my happy/sad dance for when we find out what way it goes :D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

If the deal is close why are both clubs been so quiet about it?

Just to ease the nerves.

If the deal is close why are both clubs been so quiet about it?

Why would they being saying anything til it is done, what would they gain?

The fact neither club has said anything would be more an indication that it is indeed close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Felliani in his few appearances
    Shinji Kagawa
    Nani
    Fabio
    Rafael
    Evra
    Carrick
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Smalling
    Hernandez

Want to know what these players have in common? They are all lads who have shown in the past that they have quality and that they can perform at the highest level. And they all have been very poor this season.

Face facts. One or two players out of form you criticise the individuals and say they just aren't good enough, but when almost the entire team is playing rubbish you have to look at the manager and coaches.

This isn't even including players who have been wasted like Zaha, or the likes of RVP about whom rumors of overtraining continue to float around. This even accepts the presence of genuinely poor players like Cleverley or Valencia.

Proven, quality, title winning footballers are playing like a pack of chumps. If that happened at a junior B side there would be only one outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Why would they being saying anything til it is done, what would they gain?

The fact neither club has said anything would be more an indication that it is indeed close.

Mitch

If this deals goes through will it brighten you up a wee bit, you've been in such a gllomy mood recentl;y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Apparently this is him arriving

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Apparently this is him arriving

Thats an old photo from 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have to say for the somewhat negative vibes, RVP and Mata(potentially) brought some serious buzz, and positive at that. Was a bit sporadic in the years before getting giddy over transfer news, but it's great to see these sort of signings. We should be doing more.

Get the feeling summer is going to be ****ing mental in here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Mata deal is looking good to go... Chelsea are looking to and seem to be hijacking Liverpool target Mohamed Salah.
    So it looks like United and Chelsea, all going well, could be helping eachother out here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Yep, another that gets a free ride on here when it comes to criticism.
    I'd still have him over the other options though if only for a bit more threat going forward.
    A Valencia/Smalling or Valencia/Jones combo makes me very sad.

A free ride he has been consistently one of our best players the last 2 season's. He done both his and Valencia's job's last season and was brilliant.

Everytime he does something rash people go back to the Bayern game. A young player who kept Ribery quiet all game and made a mistake and people still bring it up. He has been poor this season so far but not bad enough for people to say he is getting a free ride when it comes to criticism. He was easily the 2nd best rb in the league last season behind Zabaleta who had the season of his life. A few bad games in a stop start season because of injuries doens't mean he has regressed.

brinty wrote: »
    Mitch

If this deals goes through will it brighten you up a wee bit, you've been in such a gllomy mood recentl;y

Yep - till Cardiff maul our midfield and Mata doesn't get the ball, hauled off at half time for buttner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to say for the somewhat negative vibes, RVP and Mata(potentially) brought some serious buzz, and positive at that. Was a bit sporadic in the years before getting giddy over transfer news, but it's great to see these sort of signings. We should be doing more.

Get the feeling summer is going to be ****ing mental in here :D

Really need to throw a lot of money at Juve and Vidal and make a deal happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Agree with the above, hamstring injuries can be tough to come back from strong aswell, thankfully he hasn't broken down again. Needs some time to settle back into things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Man Utd do not need Juan Mata...

They need four or five...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement