Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RobertKK wrote: »
    Really need to throw a lot of money at Juve and Vidal and make a deal happen.
    Would love to see it happen, but just can't see us pulling that one off in the next week or so.

Vidal, Mata and a solid left back would sort a lot of our problems, assuming Moyes can get the players actually playing.

I think Mata will be a fantastic signing for United, but I do worry that Moyes won't be able to get the best out of him - in that I don't believe we have the players capable of playing the formation I think he, Rooney, RVP and Januzaj would require. We need a player like Vidal, and a solid left back to make it work, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

cdb wrote: »
    Man Utd do not need Juan Mata...

They need four or five...

Will not say no to a player who has created more chances than any United player over the past 2 and half seasons and will hopefully be on our screens in the WC with a team among the very favourites to win it.
    Mata is a start and if this is the quality that Moyes wants, well despite all the doomsayers (not saying you) then this is a very positive sign for the future.

Given he wants top players like vidal, it does give me hope.

..and yes we need a lot as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Would love to see it happen, but just can't see us pulling that one off in the next week or so.

Vidal, Mata and a solid left back would sort a lot of our problems, assuming Moyes can get the players actually playing.

I think Mata will be a fantastic signing for United, but I do worry that Moyes won't be able to get the best out of him - in that I don't believe we have the players capable of playing the formation I think he, Rooney, RVP and Januzaj would require. We need a player like Vidal, and a solid left back to make it work, imo.

Surely after the summer both of them should be sorted, if we can crawl over the line to 4th, the real rebuilding starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anybody else disappointed that it looks like Juventus aren't going to be able to get a deal done for Freddy Guarin :(

I know Vidal and particularly Pogba were ambitious targets as it were but if they had been able to sign him it could have possibly paved the way for one of them to then leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Could not agree more. If we get the players above the unknown factor is moyes. Can he manage a top 4 team to a top 4 place ? Nevermind winning the league at the mo.

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anybody else disappointed that it looks like Juventus aren't going to be able to get a deal done for Freddy Guarin :(

I know Vidal and particularly Pogba were ambitious targets as it were but if they had been able to sign him it could have possibly paved the way for one of them to then leave.

Unless its us that's after guarin, seen it linked somewhere in the long list of players,

Unless its us that's after guarin, seen it linked somewhere in the long list of players,

Well Juventus apparently had a swap deal for him done with Vucinic going to Inter, only for Inter to back out after their fans created a massive furore at the idea.

The Vidal talk is madness we've not signed mata yet and people are talking about lumping money at possibly the best center mid in The world playing for a club that's just as big as united but better at the mo. I think if we want to sort out center mid we hav to look at a more realistic target.

Totally agree.

The central midfield is woeful and the more I watch Evra, the more I am happy to see him retire to France, Buttner not good enough.

Would love to have midfielders at United so different formations can be used. With the current midfield it just makes United so very limited, no surprise Fergie got Scholes back out of retirement, but he really should have been buying some over the past number of seasons.

We need a boss in midfield.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Well Juventus apparently had a swap deal for him done with Vucinic going to Inter, only for Inter to back out after their fans created a massive furore at the idea.

Iv seen both of them linked in different places, arsenal were linked with vucinic,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Vidal talk is madness we've not signed mata yet and people are talking about lumping money at possibly the best center mid in The world playing for a club that's just as big as united but better at the mo. I think if we want to sort out center mid we hav to look at a more realistic target.

One of their best paid players, at 50k per week. I can think of one thing United can offer to possibly entice him to United. A contract similar to Mata's, three times his current wage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we can throw 90k at Young every week we can throw more at much better players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Some people seem to think that the CM problems Juan Mata anymore if this signing goes through.

Vidal talk is not nonsense, one week ago people would have said the same about Mata.
    Summer would be more likely than now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Delboy5

One of their best paid players, at 50k per week. I can think of one thing United can offer to possibly entice him to United. A contract similar to Mata's, three times his current wage.

Agree!!

Italian journalist seems to think he would cost €55\£45 mil......

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
    Answer: Mufc still not done. Searching defender(Vermaelen)and holding mid(Guarin?).It takes 60m€ for Pogba, 55 Vidal.But won't leave both

He got him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

cdb wrote: »
    Man Utd do not need Juan Mata...
    They need four or five...

Will not say no to a player who has created more chances than any United player over the past 2 and half seasons and will hopefully be on our screens in the WC with a team among the very favourites to win it.
    Mata is a start and if this is the quality that Moyes wants, well despite all the doomsayers (not saying you) then this is a very positive sign for the future.

Given he wants top players like vidal, it does give me hope.

..and yes we need a lot as you say.

Whooooooooosh :pac:

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Agree!!

Answer: Mufc still not done. Searching defender(Vermaelen)and holding mid(Guarin?).It takes 60m€ for Pogba, 55 Vidal.But won't leave both

We could offer Cleverley as a replacement and he would know Pogba very well...
    Well, they would need a replacement!

If we can throw 90k at Young every week we can throw more at much better players

That still amazes me, fergie thought he was the new giggs, 90k a week is 87k to much I would not begrudge him enough to save plenty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Agree!!

Vidal is worth every penny of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Can he manage a top 4 team to a top 4 place ?

7fVDpr.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

v3ttel wrote: »
    7fVDpr.png
    Yeah he actually managed a usual mid-table team to 4th - In Dave we trust :pac:

Arturo Vidal displaying his lack of confidence:
    “Why am I playing so well? Well that’s simple,” he told Sport Bild. “Because in my role I am the best in the world.
    “Many try to imitate my style, but I want to say one thing – I’m the best in the world.
    “In my role, no one defends like me or scores as many goals as me.”
    http://asia.eurosport.com/football/serie-a/2011-2012/vidal-i-m-the-best-in-the-world_sto4102313/story.shtml

:P

irishfeen wrote: »
    Yeah he actually managed a usual mid-table team to 4th - In Dave we thrust :pac:

Demonstating you don't need to score goals to do so either :pac: #DannyWellbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yeah he actually managed a usual mid-table team to 4th - In Dave we thrust :pac:

For Everton, that is an outstanding achievement. For United, obviously, it's not good enough, but this season we will take it.

The original question, could he manage a top 4 team, to a top 4 position is completely stupid IMHO. If he can do it with Everton, then, yes, yes he can do it at United.

Inject three world class players, hopefully ready for next week, into what we've seen, and we will see United improve immensely.

Thats the type of player any club needs.

Love players who believe in themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Salah going to Chelsea. Mata to United surely announced soon.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/25642341

One swallow does not make a summer. Unfortunatley that season they did not make the group stage. God i want him to suceed. And im giving him time. How long though i dont know. I know he has the heart. The head remains to be seen.

One swallow does not make a summer. Unfortunatley that season they did not make the group stage. God i want him to suceed. And im giving him time. How long though i dont know. I know he has the heart. The head remains to be seen.
    He will succeed - of that I have no doubt, mark my words.

• Advertisement

He seems a nice fellam and I like him and all.

But not that much. :p

Al Capwned wrote: »
    He seems a nice fellam and I like him and all.

But not that much. :p
    My Bad fixed now :o:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nuts102 wrote: »
    A free ride he has been consistently one of our best players the last 2 season's. He done both his and Valencia's job's last season and was brilliant.

Everytime he does something rash people go back to the Bayern game. A young player who kept Ribery quiet all game and made a mistake and people still bring it up. He has been poor this season so far but not bad enough for people to say he is getting a free ride when it comes to criticism. He was easily the 2nd best rb in the league last season behind Zabaleta who had the season of his life. A few bad games in a stop start season because of injuries doens't mean he has regressed.
    Yeah, a free ride.
    Just like Kagawa was great at Dortmund, Nani was great 2 years ago etc.

There's a few players that people keep jumping to the defence of with reasons/excuses as to why they aren't playing well.
    Rafael has been poor this season, in fact he hasn't been much better than Evra who has gotten torrents of abuse for going missing on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

v3ttel wrote: »
    7fVDpr.png

Fair play he did it that season and not trying to take away from that but only twice in PL history would that points tally get you 4th spot. That season and the season before when Liverpool finished 4th with 60 points.

Everton have finished with 61 or more points on 6 occasions including that season.

By Everton's own standards (which Moyes set) they weren't doing anything spectacular that season (apart from the contrasting season it was from the season before when they just avoided relegation).

Not having a go at him, just find those figures interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

The Mata deal is going to happen thank god, it looks a dead cert now and I'm delighted. Yes we need more, but we are seriously lacking a creative force as well right now and Mata is a creative flair player and I can't wait to see him in a Utd shirt.

Moyes has been at a few Juve games now so he is surely looking at someone there, has to be Pogba, Vidal or Marchisiho I wouldn't be shocked if we made a move for one of them this month either. Yes they are playing well, Juve are a big club etc etc but Utd pay bigger wages than any of the Italian clubs and money talks.

Ideally Vidal is the one we want, well the one I want anyway.

MagicIRL wrote: »

Liverpool could not agree a fee, jeez is it only me or is this dude cheap,

• Advertisement

Sky saying deal wont be done till at least tomorrow now.

Fasten your seat belt.................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

TheTownie wrote: »
    Fair play he did it that season and not trying to take away from that but only twice in PL history would that points tally get you 4th spot. That season and the season before when Liverpool finished 4th with 60 points.

Everton have finished with 61 or more points on 6 occasions including that season.

By Everton's own standards (which Moyes set) they weren't doing anything spectacular that season (apart from the contrasting season it was from the season before when they just avoided relegation).

Not having a go at him, just find those figures interesting.

He came fourth end of. It's nonsense bringing up previous seasons totals. The man is a very good manager, he will succeed given time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

He will succeed - of that I have no doubt, mark my words.

I'm sorry but if you have no doubt he won't succeed you need to change the meds.

unless your meaning of succeed is much different to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MagicIRL wrote: »

I have a few Liverpool fans melting down on my Facebook feed, Salah looks a real player and they have been linked to him for ages.

My reaction?

It's like Liverpool tried to pull a United (with Fellaini) only United got their man in the end, and Chelski got Liveprool's.

• Advertisement

Sky saying deal wont be done till at least tomorrow now.

Fasten your seat belt.................

Mata is not signing for United.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

You's better hope no one is waiting in the long grass for Mata :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Medical this evening for Mata @SNN source! IT'S HAPPENNNINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

vwMin.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Mata is not signing for United.

It's getting old now.

Agueroooo wrote: »

Dont tell me you fell for that rumour:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Agueroooo wrote: »

Every United fan is so emotionally involved in this transfer that were it to fail to go through now I think some would be well and truly on the brink.

I know for me, I'm far too deep in. I've put Mata on United in FIFA, I've sourced the best place for a Mata Spain jersey for when I get paid... And last night I made this:

SE9k6mC.gif

It has to happen.

What we don't know is that Kew had a sly word with Uncle Kew who bet the head off Moyes and forced his hand on Mata. He then flew to Germany and single handidly socked ol' Pep on the jaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Every United fan is so emotionally involved in this transfer that were it to fail to go through now I think some would be well and truly on the brink.

I know for me, I'm far too deep in. I've put Mata on United in FIFA, I've sourced the best place for a Mata Spain jersey for when I get paid... And last night I made this:

SE9k6mC.gif

It has to happen.

I still don't know if this is wonderful or terrifying.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I had a huge Matahorn but then kry was banned and it's gone to a semi.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

SE9k6mC.gif

It has to happen.

youre-the-man-bro-thumb_zps504716e5.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement