Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

So we've lost kry AND homer this window? #toughtimes #moyesout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

@mikeyt That reminds me ( in the event you DID source a jersey and weren't being dramatic) where do people buy their jerseys these days?

I got two last year from one of those Asian sites, they were top quality, fully printed and were excellent value, but sizes were a bit sporadic.

Interested to know where the recommended place is these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I still don't know if this is wonderful or terrifying.

My work here is done. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 5m
    Sky Sources @juanmata10 to have medical at Manchester UTD this evening and deal is expected to be announced tomorrow #SSN

:D

is it time to start following mata on twitter yet????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My work here is done. ;)

Wait a minute...

I just realised that GIF is from Titanic. Just what are you trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Wait a minute...

That Moyes is bringing Mata onboard a sinking ship :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Wait a minute...

We are a sinking ship, but nothing Mata now that we have our loved Juan by our side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Chelsea Fans dream will finally come true, Mata will finally play with Rooney :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea Fans dream will finally come true, Mata will finally play with Rooney :D

Until Rooney leaves in the summer. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Rooney signing a new contract soon would be the icing on the cake .... get a LB, CM and we're flying again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

magnumbud wrote: »
    :D

is it time to start following mata on twitter yet????????

Not trying to dampen the mood or anything but wasn't this said yesterday also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

irishfeen wrote: »
    Rooney signing a new contract soon would be the icing on the cake .... get a LB, CM and we're flying again.

It has been mentioned in the press that United qualifying for the Champions League next season will be what decides it for Rooney.

It has been mentioned in the press that United qualifying for the Champions League next season will be what decides it for Rooney.

United had Champions League football this season though and had just won the league and he wanted to leave, I think he just wants a new challenge and think he will want to leave United in the summer top 4 or not.

Few papers today saying Woodward is in contract talks with Rooney.

Might be just spoofing. Time will tell.

Few papers today saying Woodward is in contract talks with Rooney.

Might be just spoofing. Time will tell.

I can't understand Mourinho allowing Mata to go to United if that helps Rooney stay there! I'm just hoping there is some sort of agreement about Rooney going to Chelsea in the summer or I really won't understand Mata to United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Johner wrote: »
    United had Champions League football this season though and had just won the league and he wanted to leave, I think he just wants a new challenge and think he will want to leave United in the summer top 4 or not.

A lot to be said for making him captain.

TBh I fully get why he wanted to leave ( bar me thinking he was mad, soon to be club legend breaking goalscoring records) fallouts with Fergie, injuries maybe just getting tormented and annoyed.

Maybe the arrival of Moyes, the impending squad changes, might act like a new challenge for him. He should be a leader at this stage and his performances so far have been tremendous, that energy he displays working back as well as going forward is tremendous.

I don't like Rooney as a person, I don't like the **** he pulled twice now with trying to force a move, but I respect him as a player, and his importance to the club.

I'd be making him captain at the end of this season, re-affirming his importance to the club, and provide him with the extra responsibility.

He never reached the heights I thought he would and I don't think he will, I don't think he will have a lengthy career with his record of injuries( barely has a full season) but he is a wonderful baller and his performances this season when fully fit have been terrific. I'd like to see him as Captain, as much as that somewhat conflicts me at times.

It would be a big step for Rooney to leave United - he can/will achieve legendary status if he stays .... top goalscorer in United's history is within his grasp (41 to go). If he has any sense he will stay, commit his future and break that record to become a cult figure at the biggest club in the world forever.

Rooney will be at United 10 years in September:eek:

I feel old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Johner wrote: »

His falling out with SAF seemed to be the reason for his discontent last summer.

If he wants a new challenge then he is getting that already at United! :pac:

United have him contracted until 2015 and likely won't sell him to a PL team.

Rooney won't easily move to another country away from family, friends and English! :pac:

I feel old.
    I was only 13 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I feel old.

Yeah, doesn't seem like that long ago when he was firing in that hat-trick in the Champs League (European debut, wasn't it?)

irishfeen wrote: »
    I was only 13 :eek:

I was 21 by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Absolutely delighted with Mata signing. He's Chelsea's best player in my opinion so I don't know why mourinho doesn't rate him. If it is because of work rate I thought hazard was lazy getting back and covering in the united game so it seems an odd argument.

A box-to-box midfielder in this window would be perfect and really help with the push for 4th. As it stands we will struggle to get 4th, but a midfielder would help in our weakest position.

Yeah, doesn't seem like that long ago when he was firing in that hat-trick in the Champs League (European debut, wasn't it?)

Fernabache yep at home.

Box to Box midfielder is what people want then who is a realistic target this window?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I feel old.
    I was 21 by then

That means...

madea-with-calculator-o.gif

You are old ! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I feel old.

In the same vein (although off topic), it's 10 years since Mick Jacob scored a last minute goal against Kilkenny and we went on to win the Leinster title. I was pondering that yesterday. Christ!

Box to Box midfielder is what people want then who is a realistic target this window?

If the rumours of Vidal's wages being as low as they are then I whole heartidly believe he can be gotten in this window, or certainly in the next.

Yohan Cabaye seems likely to go from Newcastle too. At least he scores goals!

TheTownie wrote: »
    That means...

.. I didn't want to say it to him :pac:

That means...

A famous Kevin Keegan quote
    "The 33 or 34 year olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful."

I must buck up and get back to my youth:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

I remember keeping up to date with the Rooney transfer in Greece on my 6th Year Holiday with the lads! :eek:

Absolutely delighted with Mata signing. He's Chelsea's best player in my opinion so I don't know why mourinho doesn't rate him. If it is because of work rate I thought hazard was lazy getting back and covering in the united game so it seems an odd argument.

A box-to-box midfielder in this window would be perfect and really help with the push for 4th. As it stands we will struggle to get 4th, but a midfielder would help in our weakest position.

This thing about Mata not tracking back is a load of bollox, Mourinho seems to have convinced everyone that Mata is this lazy selfish player. Mata might not be the best at tracking back but he definitely does it. Mourinho did it with Casillas at Real Madrid and now hes doing it with Mata at Chelsea, freeze out a top player just to show hes the boss and the main man. The treatment of a player like Mata who has given everything to the club since he joined and has been nothing but professional is a disgrace.

And now to make matters worse Mourinho is going to allow him to be sold to a Premier League rival. :confused: I'll wish Mata all the best at United and would definitely never boo him because I don't blame him in all of this, ultimately he should never have been allowed join a rival like United. Chelsea's stance should been the exact same as United's on Rooney in the summer and I'm shocked it wasn't.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    If the rumours of Vidal's wages being as low as they are then I whole heartidly believe he can be gotten in this window, or certainly in the next.

Yohan Cabaye seems likely to go from Newcastle too. At least he scores goals!

Vidal is possible.

Cabaye is more realistic this window though imo. Not his biggest fan though personally

Telegraph are reporting we're still after a CM & LB, as expected.

Vidal would be awesome. Heard Moyes wasn't interested in Cabaye for whatever reason.

Vidal is possible.

Cabaye is more realistic this window though imo. Not his biggest fan though personally

The real question is would you rather see Tom Cleverly partner up in our midfield or Cabaye do it? At least with Cabaye you have the chance of him scoring... oh, and he kicks the ball forward too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Telegraph are reporting we're still after a CM & LB, as expected.

Vidal would be awesome. Heard Moyes wasn't interested in Cabaye for whatever reason.

If we can't get the right CM, I'd imagine we'll hold off till the summer, we really need a LB, mad that missing Baines is having the biggest effect now, we'll soldier on with the current CB till summer, then ship Rio, maybe Vidic and bring in Garay.

This talk of us not being able to attract top players if we don't get top four is nonsense.

City Signed Yaya Toure, David Silva & Mario Balotelli in a season where they didn't have Champions League football, United are a far more prestigious club than City were then (we still are now, despite our problems! always will be too)

MagicIRL wrote: »
    The real question is would you rather see Tom Cleverly partner up in our midfield or Cabaye do it? At least with Cabaye you have the chance of him scoring... oh, and he kicks the ball forward too!

True...once its not a 30million type of overrated bid which I feel might be around the price Newcastle will want.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I would take any CM from pretty much any team in the top 4-6 of any of the big leagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Yeah, a free ride.
    Just like Kagawa was great at Dortmund, Nani was great 2 years ago etc.

There's a few players that people keep jumping to the defence of with reasons/excuses as to why they aren't playing well.
    Rafael has been poor this season, in fact he hasn't been much better than Evra who has gotten torrents of abuse for going missing on the other side.

Where did i mention anything about Kagawa or Nani. They do deserve criticism i don't understand how you can say Rafael seems free from criticism.

Rafael has been excellent the past two season's and been poor enough in a stop start season with injuries where the whole defence has been awful. For you to say he seems free from criticism is strange. A few poor games doesn't make him in the category of Kagawa and Nani he is without a doubt one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit. He is a brilliant fullback.

Also the last part is just nonsense. Rafael has been poor by his own standards but he has been nowhere near as bad as Evra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

lordgoat wrote: »
    I would take any CM from pretty much any team in the top 4-6 of any of the big leagues.

darron gibson is at at team from the top 4-6 :pac:

And he would improve our squad.

Darron Gibson never put in the bad performances that some of our CM have done this season. Never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Nainggolan, before he moved to Roma.
    Lars Bender
    Inler
    Witsel
    Bibras Natkho is out of contract with Rubin since 31st December and is pretty good
    Granit Xhaka

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Cheers Jose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Darron Gibson never put in the bad performances that some of our CM have done this season. Never.

Gibson got a stupid amount of stick from some fans, with United, there is always a scapegoat who's ability is ridiculed with irritating exaggeration.

That means...

Fúck off kid! :pac:

I'm not quite as old as Kew though!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Gibson got a stupid amount of stick from some fans, with United, there is always a scapegoat who's ability is ridiculed with irritating exaggeration.

The abuse he got was unreal though.

I mean some put him down as the worst United player ever.:o

Im not his biggest fan. My Ireland supporting friends would speak for that, but he in no way was as bad as some made out. Nowhere near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

He's also out injured till April.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He's also out injured till April.

Ugh well that's ruined that! Is Osman fit?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement