Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

stankratz wrote: »
    Fúck off kid! :pac:

I'm not quite as old as Kew though!

I'm not much younger! :pac: Just yankin his chain (metaphorically).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

titan18 wrote: »
    Nainggolan, before he moved to Roma.
    Lars Bender
    Inler
    Witsel
    Bibras Natkho is out of contract with Rubin since 31st December and is pretty good
    Granit Xhaka

Would like Xhaka. Cant see him leaving though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ugh well that's ruined that! Is Osman fit?

Wouldn't think so, maybe ask Mars Bar.

Have some respect for the elderly in here people.

jeez!!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Actually, since seeing that Natkho turned down staying with Rubin, and he's without a contract atm, we should really attempt to sign him. 25, talented on the ball, can take penalties. With him out of contract, there's not much risk, and whilst he probably isn't the answer like Vidal would be (not going to get him anyway), he's at least an improvement on Cleverley. Would be much more effective at getting the ball from defense to attack quickly, and is decent under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Gibson is/was no where near United quality. He stood out like a sore thumb when we were/are completely lacking quality in that position. The same as Tom Cleverley does now.

Go back and watch some of the games he played for us. He was not "our worst player ever" (you'll always have people who got OTT with their comments, same as people with Fellaini now), but he was never going to make the grade at United.

If we still had him, he'd be included in the list of players that most people would like to see shipped out: Rio, Evra, Giggs, Cleverley, Young, Ando.

He wouldn't improve our squad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Wouldn't think so, maybe ask Mars Bar.

Has she the inside line? Or does she just ask someone else to do it for her?

Have some respect for the elderly in here people.

jeez!!!:P

Kew! I had you down for older than a Belieber, more of a college student Taylor swift in guy form ! Not a silver haired Don Johnson type, or are you closer to Chuck Norris?

titan18 wrote: »
    Actually, since seeing that Natkho turned down staying with Rubin, and he's without a contract atm, we should really attempt to sign him. 25, talented on the ball, can take penalties. With him out of contract, there's not much risk, and whilst he probably isn't the answer like Vidal would be (not going to get him anyway), he's at least an improvement on Cleverley. Would be much more effective at getting the ball from defense to attack quickly, and is decent under pressure.

Natkho, Matuidi, Menez. All available on a free (Natkho right now obv). Surely at least one would be willing to join. All would improve the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I see one time Utd target from a few years ago Steven Defour been linked with Fulham and Villa,has he been struggling to get games at Porto? I remember SAF sending him a letter one time wishing all the best recovering from an injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Sorry if this has been asked already but this thread is moving along rapidly. Now that United are floated on the stock exchange do United have to notify them before a deal can be announced because of the money involved?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

markc1184 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked already but this thread is moving along rapidly. Now that United are floated on the stock exchange do United have to notify them before a deal can be announced because of the money involved?

I think that's the case! not 100% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

16:24

Sky Sources understand that Chelsea's Juan Mata will have a medical at Manchester United tonight and will complete his move to Old Trafford on Friday.

Get in!!!

Kew! I had you down for older than a Belieber, more of a college student Taylor swift in guy form ! Not a silver haired Don Johnson type, or are you closer to Chuck Norris?

No Chucck Norris just yet but im beginning to look like Jonjo Shelvey more every day:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mata still in London apparently.

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse 55s

David Moyes has left Carrington. No deal for Mata today. Medical likely to be tomorrow. #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I was 21 by then

Don't feel too bad, I was 27!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hope this doesn't drag on much longer, will be devastated if he doesn't join

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If this transfer falls through it will be the worst ever! I hope for all our sakes it goes through :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Let's get excited.

There's only Juaaaaaaaan Mata!

2C1n3.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Those comments from Vidal make me love the guy

What a fùcking man!

He's also on about 105k a week now, we can double that for, as the man himself says, the best midfielder in the world

God it would be a fantasy signing and it would have every team above us in the table in meltdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I was 9 when Rooney signed :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

v3ttel wrote: »
    Gibson is/was no where near United quality. He stood out like a sore thumb when we were/are completely lacking quality in that position. The same as Tom Cleverley does now.

Go back and watch some of the games he played for us. He was not "our worst player ever" (you'll always have people who got OTT with their comments, same as people with Fellaini now), but he was never going to make the grade at United.

If we still had him, he'd be included in the list of players that most people would like to see shipped out: Rio, Evra, Giggs, Cleverley, Young, Ando.

He wouldn't improve our squad.

I always thought he would be good to have in the squad, and I did defend him quite a bit. But my favourite Gibson memory is being in the pub for the Champions League quarter final against Bayern, and one of my Liverpool mates started laughing at me for saying I was glad Gibson was in the lineup. I gave my reasons why and he continued laughing, then told the lads at the next table and there were a significant amount of people actually laughing at me...

Needless to say I had the last laugh, as not 3 minutes into the game, Daz did this:

And I did this:

619966-3x2-340x227.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Imagine Some other team swooped in now and got Mata !!

If it happens it happens

I love Mata and there's no doubt we need more world class but if PSG swoop in with a mental offer there's not much we can do

We should be using the 37m and more to get a world class CM in

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT40ts79Sh2QMQ7U8UQLMOGFGeAZDIW0JHbW_22-kBLwNjQx0EZ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Thats the type of player any club needs.

Love players who believe in themselves.

Part of the reason why I like Nani and would be sad to see him go.

For all the abuse he received in his early years (and now as well), to still have the confidence to try things is amazing.

ESPN any way reliable?

Seems Vidal turned down Bayern to work with Conte back when he transferred, may be hard to attract him with Moyes. Agent Fergie should be deployed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ESPN any way reliable?

What are they saying Kew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I suppose IF it happens it will be 4-2-3-1

Midfield of Fellaini and Carrack
    Front three of Mata,Rooney,Jan/Nani/Val/wellbeck or whoever else!!

Rvp up top !

I like!

• Advertisement

ESPN: Kagawa + cash for Gundogan once Mata deal is completed.

What are they saying Kew?

Plenty lads retweeting this.

I have two concerns
    1. Just get Mata done first
    2. He played no game time this season.

I think it might have legs though. Not sure Dortmund will want to sell and can see Madrid sticking their nose in
    Manchester United will offer Shinji Kagawa to Dortmund for Ilkay Gundogan plus cash when the Mata deal is completed. [ESPN]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Link to the above? Can't see it.

ESPN - Kagawa + cash for Gundogan once Mata deal is completed.

Minus Kagawa Plus cash? How does that work?

Minus Kagawa Plus cash? How does that work?

Ha, that came out badly, edited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Vidal would be the dream signing now or in the summer but Gundogan is a very good player and would be happy to see him join,would have concerns over his injury if he joined now he might not get up to speed until next season.Exciting times all the same.

as has been mentioned there are plenty of CM's who would be realistic targets and wouldn't cost a huge amount.One of those bought in now would help a lot .

Rayne Wooney proposition of the day

Kagawa + Hernandez + cash

for Reus and Gundogan

Take it or leave it Klopp

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Website I never heard of before- warning.
    “I am not aware of them,” Vidal said. “I keep getting linked to other clubs, like Manchester United recently. That's just normal when you put in good performances at a top club.”

the bad news
    “I have won two Italian championships and am under contract until 2017. I want to win the Champions League with Juventus until then.”

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Juventus-star-Arturo-Vidal-talks-about-Man-Utd-switch-Blog-74790

for Reus and Gundogan

he would probably leave it but a lot of people on here would be going bouncing off the walls for hours :) would be pretty sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

for Reus and Gundogan

What if Rooney leaves in the summer?

Need to go out and buy two strikers probably then.

• Advertisement

Rooney and Phil Neville just started following Mata on Twitter.

If anyone ever doubted it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rooney now following Mata on twitter. :D

Edit: beaten to it by lordgoat!

DMs flying in both directions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Woohoo ! Get in! A big step in the right directi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So still no signs signings made.....

Me : Whatsa the Mata with you Moyes.....
    Moyes : Hold on Juan minute laddie......

What if Rooney leaves in the summer?

Need to go out and buy two strikers probably then.

Cavani :pac:

If we were to magically get Reus and Gundogan along with Mata there wouldn't be a chance of us missing out on Europe

It's all fantasy talk, but with Lew going to Bayern, a poacher is what they need, they'll take Kagawa back with open arms and he'll slot in with Mkhitaryan/Aubameyang. Cash to replace Gundogan (they probably already have a replacement in their youth system) and it's not a bad deal for either side. It obviously would benefit us more though

Now back to football manager

Wait a minute!!!!!!

Does that mean Rooney is off to Chelsea???:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

TheTownie wrote: »
    DMs flying in both directions!
    RT's DM's Fav's you name it.
    Wait a minute!!!!!!

Does that mean Rooney is off to Chelsea???:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And Phil Neville!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Rightly or wrongly . Kagawa. Nani and hernandez can be used smartly in getting in New players the manager needs/wants from Dortmund . Juve or valencia.. I'd prefer hernandez to wait and welbeck to go but we don't need anyone from Stoke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Rightly or wrongly . Kagawa. Nani and hernandez can be used smartly in getting in New players the manager needs/wants from Dortmund . Juve or valencia.. I'd prefer hernandez to wait and welbeck to go but we don't need anyone from Stoke

Juve have been reported frequently as wanting Nani....Llorente has'nt fit in at Juve and wants out, chico could replace him....and we throw in Kagawa to replace their departing Pogba and Vidal a bit of cash for Juve too and bobs the job....

Pogba
    Vidal
    janujaz--Rooney--mata
    RVP--

That'd be a fine front 6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement