Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Seeing as Sky Sports News are using the fact that Rooney is now following Mata on Twitter as some sort of proof that the signing is confirmed, I took it as a liberty to check what other non-United players he is following for potential new signings.

Jack Wilshere for CM perhaps?

Using twitter as a rent-a-quote/news source=lazy journalism

Rant over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Also Javi Martinez and Thiago have played less games in the last 6 months than Mata has.

I wonder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Theres not a hope in hell Bayern would let Alaba go. Hes the best left back in world bar none - and he's only 21. :(

Kroos is just unlikely, he's stonkingly good.

Nice to see Moyes making trips and the likes, kinda benefit of having that younger manager. Fergie didn't make as many trips and to be fair while scout reports are invaluable, always helps for a manager to have seen it first hand, where he can maybe also convey a stronger stroy when it comes to maybe meeting a price tag higher then expected.

Week to go in the window but I guess as everyone points to, this is the week where everything happens.

Players make the call on their career, stick or twist, clubs maybe feeling the financial pressure make the crunch decision on players knowing they can get big fees in January and the likes.
    I'd still love to see Contrao arrive, i've been keeping a close eye on Madrid stuff and unfortunately they dont look anywhere in getting their Lb targets, but could force their hand this week.

Gungodan is due to also announce his decision in the coming days. Been telling reporters and in interviews that he will make his decision shortly and reveal it. Again could be ploy for better contract at Dortmund but who knows.

Reus looks like a move in the summer is the only option should he be parting ways with Dortmund.

Been some rumblings this morning around twitter and the likes, some saying new contract to be announced, some saying new signing, only thing for certain is getting to that time in January window where deals realy start happening, be great if we were in the mix for something. I'd really like to see the Mata one wrapped up now rather then later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

There is no way Martinez and Thiago can be happy with the way things are at Bayern, one of them will surely move on this Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Also Javi Martinez and Thiago have played less games in the last 6 months than Mata has.

I wonder...

They were injured and missed most of the games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Seeing as Sky Sports News are using the fact that Rooney is now following Mata on Twitter as some sort of proof that the signing is confirmed, I took it as a liberty to check what other non-United players he is following for potential new signings.

Rant over.

You might have a point if Rooney was already following Mata before all this started, but he didn't, so you don't.

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 56s
    Mourinho on Mata: "Things are going in a good direction, and we allow Juan to travel and to have the medical with United."

Fuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Jose re Mata

Sooner rather then later things will be finalised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rant over.

While i agree with using it like that is lazy journalism i think it stems from the fact that both Rooney and Phil Neville only started following him Yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

brinty wrote: »
    Anyone hear that if we complete the deal for Mata, that DM will have paid more for players in his first season than Fergie did in any of his 26 seasons....

Found that to be pretty amazing

Not surprised by that.Why do you find it amazing?

• Advertisement

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter 52s
    Mourinho #cfc on Mata: "Fantastic opportunity for him. It's the right offer for us. We've allowed him to have a medical at #mufc'

Jose "I asked him was he happy to go?"

Mata replied "Yes Im really happy to go"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Wow Jose showing a lot of compassion for Mata. The move is all about the player and they are respecting his wish to stay in the Premiership, fair play.

Jose wrote:
    "Still could be a very important player for us but this is a fantastic opportunity to him, with an offer which is the right offer, for us, so in spite of probably many clubs, many boards and many managers, think not a to sell to a rival club, the player deserve respect and to be happy and to play where they want"

Fantastic words but is he hinting towards Rooney deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Must say what a superb signing Mata is for yous. He is one of the best creative midfielders in world football and its good to see your club go out and sign the finished article. What way would yous line up with everybody fit? Could be.....

........................De Gea......................
    Rafael...........Vidic.........Jones.............Evra
    ................Fellaini...........Carrick....................
    Rooney...................Kagawa....................Mata
    ..............................R.V.P..............................

:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Fantastic words but is he hinting towards Rooney deal?

That is such a dig at United. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Oh Mata...

freddie-so-close.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Mourinho confirms medical for Mata....

Oooooohhhhhhh, Al's excited!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lol, I post about Kroos and go onto F365 transfer blog to see
    German media outlets reporting that Kroos has stalled on contract talks with the club, alerting Manchester United

PRICK TEASE!
    According to Portuguese paper Record, long-term Man United target Nicolas Gaitan will hold talks with Benfica over the weekend to discuss a possible January exit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

TheDoc wrote: »
    lol, I post about Kroos and go onto F365 transfer blog to see

PRICK TEASE!

You're now my go-to man-in-the-know instead of Kew's Uncle. Uncle Doc. Doc Uncle. Uncle D. D-Man. Super D. The D. Big D.

So, Kroos you say? :D

Personally, the way things seem to be shaping up this window vs. summer, I can see a lovely new starting 11 being built up for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's actually happening :D:D:D
    Didn't want to get too carried away until there was some confirmation but get the f**k in there!!!

A huge boost for the team and fans and a big up yours to the United have no money and great players won't sign with Moyes in charge brigade.

Saw this earlier online,made me chuckle

jC9m5pg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

8d177ac8acf5d8de0ed4d0e741a354459733a44ce51be37efe457c510bd9be6a.jpg

Delighted this is nearly done.

My starting line up would be:

................De Gea..................
    Rafael..Vidic..Jones/Evans...Evra
    Kagawa..Fletcher..Mata..Januzaj
    ...........RVP........Rooney..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Have you ever actually watched those players playing? Doubt it if you think that team would work

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm so confused as to what meme to use to express my delight at this Mata news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

We'd be destroyed with that line up imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That above team would be absolutely mangled in midfield. As excited as I am about Mata, it doesn't change a huge amount! One of Kagawa or Januzaj will simply drop to the bench, and we will have the same gaping hole in the middle. For Mata to work, he needs someone to give him the ball! He's not a central midfielder that could play in a 4-4-2

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm so confused as to what meme to use to express my delight at this Mata news.

This shall be my feelings on the Mata.

southpark-cum.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Headshot wrote: »
    He's far far far from the answer to our problems but its Mata. The fans and the team need a boost, Mata can bring us the boost we need.

+1
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Hernandez could be a decent bargaining chip towards Koke in the summer.

We all love Chico and he's brought us some great moments but like most of you I think his numbers up at Utd.

Was at the Sunderland game and I saw live the good and bad of Chico. The goal, the tiresome running and dedication was there in abundance.

I saw him 4 times drop deep pick up the ball from a throw-in or short pass and then turn to Januzaj (once) and Kagawa (three times) and give them an earful. The fact he had to do it 4 times rang alarm bells for me. Surely these are simple things that players should know before hitting the turf. In saying that his touch was average at best when he received the ball from his back to goal. The bad was obviously his composure one on one and first touches. Found Kagawa infuriating whether on the left or in the hole.

The most promising line up will have to be RVP up top with Rooney, Mata and Januzaj behind, with two holding midfielders e.g. two out of Carrick, Fletcher and Fellaini.

If RVP is injured Rooney goes up top and Kagawa comes in.

• Advertisement

Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 46s
    Mourinho: "Wenger complaining is normal because he always does. It's something we know."

Proper troll isn't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Kagawa out on the right? Completly out position so that wouldnt work at all, the only way we will see the best of Kagawa is in his natural position which is in the centre off the striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'll probably cry if Moyes doesn't change the setup now and plays Mata left wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

a midfielder that can shoot at last!!!

Jose getting his own back on Wenger now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I'll probably cry if Moyes doesn't change the setup now and plays Mata left wing

Better get the tissues ready..

How would you line them up? Didn't Mata play LW in his first season at Chelsea and during his time in Spain?

Me after Mata signs and goes on to have a fantastic rest of the season firing us into the top 4.

mr-smith-lolololol-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

United have always played with 2 wingers, problem is our wingers are not good enough now. Our tactics are stale & predictable, down the wing & cross it. Im looking forward to change in tactics if thats what Moyes is planning to do with Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I've a feeling he'll go with Mata behind Rooney if RVP isn't fit next week. Need to get a CM in if possible before the end of transfer window too. We're down to the bare bones with Carrick out now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Finally some good news!It's been well overdue...

I'd say Sir Alex got on the blower to Mourinho...

'Jose...It's Sir Alex , Ere we want Mata Jose and I shant be taking no for an answer, now tell him to pack his bags and get down to Manchester or you won't be licking my arse for many a year son'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So Moyes is watching Gladbach play Bayern tonight. The recent paper talk would have you believe Patrick Hermann is the potential target, and he is an attacking midfielder so it does sound like us, but I am hoping it's Granit Xhaka we're looking at. Xhaka has a huge ceiling, he's a strong and technical true CM who bullied us when he played for Basle at age 19. I said then I'd love to sign him. He was a major part of my summer CM list.

If we signed Mata and Xhaka in the same week...

borat-dance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mourinho: 'If we said to #mufc: 'You didn't sell us Wayne Rooney in the summer so we won't sell you Juan Mata' that is not right' #cfc

Jose is the ultimate spin doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

The little Juan great signing in fairness my favourite player to watch in the last few seasons in the PL, As Jose said we are not afraid of him doing well at Man United, Not a hope this would happen if we were competing with Chelsea, Jose the crafty fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Great great news! This surely will lift the team. Pumped ! Big statement of intent from the board. Now lets go for the box to box player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Saw this earlier online,made me chuckle

jC9m5pg.jpg

One of the most un-funny memes I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm glad we hired Jose as manager, good to see he can send world class talent our way.

So... when do ya think we'll see the first mata in a United shirt full-back tattoo?

Great great news! This surely will lift the team. Pumped ! Big statement of intent from the board. Now lets go for the box to box player!

I hope it has a similar impact as when RVP signed. You could see the players respected him and all seemed to lift their game a bit because they saw how good he was.

Hopefully the same will now happen, especially with our under-performing midfielders.

A good defensive, or box to box midfielder would be the icing on the cake now.

But if we only sign Mata will this transfer window have been a success for Moyes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The special one and the chosen one agree on the purchased juan!

- Already have my coat on lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement