Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MagicIRL wrote: »
    So... when do ya think we'll see the first mata in a United shirt full-back tattoo?

In about 25 mintues. The lad that's doing mine has barely a word of English and keeps murmuring "Not true midfeld man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You're now my go-to man-in-the-know instead of Kew's Uncle. Uncle Doc. Doc Uncle. Uncle D. D-Man. Super D. The D. Big D.

So, Kroos you say? :D

Personally, the way things seem to be shaping up this window vs. summer, I can see a lovely new starting 11 being built up for next season.

hahaha , you flatter.

I had nothing to base that Kroos comment off bar the fact I just really REALLy like him. Technically amazing, can shoot, dribble, acceleration, moves forward and tackles like a monster.

With the midfield stuff going on at Bayern, and Pep's imo horrendous transfer history, I felt one or two big names might be up for grabs from Bayern the summer gone, January or the summer coming.

Kroos would be outrageous, I wouldn't even buy an ounce of transfer gossip about it. He is simply too good for them to sell up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Last season Rooney was pinging balls onto RVPs toe (see that Aston Villa volley) - This season both have been injured, but imagine, with Mata playing with Rooney, and RVP up top- the glorious passes will be coming from left and right. Ping ping ping. /drool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How would you line them up? Didn't Mata play LW in his first season at Chelsea and during his time in Spain?

It's not United left wing though.

4-2-3-1 with an emphasis on passing the ball and feeding in players instead of getting the ball out wide to cross in.

While RVP is out I want to see Rooney up to with Kagawa in behind and Januzaj and Mata either side. We still need a CM badly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

who was the last Spanish outfield player for utd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

the formation I would play would be this..Especially in Europe. When we got to the final in 09.Rooney from the left worked well. with Rooney is better physical condition. I think he can be effective there again. Mata in the 10 has to happen. Four Four two is just not working. This is what it could look liek and potentailly for next year

GK De gea
    RB Rafael CB Jones CB Evans(Dante, Garay) LB Evra(Contraeo, Moreno)
    CM Carrick CM Fletcher or potential new signings( Cabaye, Gundogan, Koke)
    CAM Mata( Kagawa in europe)
    RW Januzaj ST Van Persie LW Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

8d177ac8acf5d8de0ed4d0e741a354459733a44ce51be37efe457c510bd9be6a.jpg

Delighted this is nearly done.

My starting line up would be:

................De Gea..................
    Rafael..Vidic..Jones/Evans...Evra
    Kagawa..Fletcher..Mata..Januzaj
    ...........RVP........Rooney..........
    Feck that's a better one than mine:

................Rafael....................
    RVP....Januzaj....Mata....Kagawa
    Vidiv....Evra....De Gea....Evans
    ...........Fletcher......Evra........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Carrick Fellaini
    Mata Rooney Januzaj
    RVP

If this is the formation moyes decides to play, I can see Rooney playing very close to midfield to help them out as we won't get much defensive cover from Mata and Januzaj, I really hate seeing Rooney playing so far away from goal, of course he has great vision and well able to spot a pass, but since RVP got injured and Rooney was leading the line, 11 goals and 11 assists not a bad return considering he wasn't fit at start of season and in December he was playing through injury also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

syngindub wrote: »

Pique :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Beans_On

Pique?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

FatherTed wrote: »
    Pique :rolleyes:

yeah, thought of him after I posted. couldn't think of many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

yeah, thought of him after I posted. couldn't think of many

He's the only one - De Gea and Ricardo are the only other Spanish players United have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mourinho confirming Mata medical according to Chelsea twitter.

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 52m
    Mourinho on Mata: 'We allowed Juan to travel and have a medical at Manchester United'. #CFC

https://twitter.com/chelseafc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Manchester United’s highly unusual use of intermediaries to conclude the Juan Mata deal may have stemmed from their strained relations with Chelsea after last summer’s dispute over Wayne Rooney.

United are likely to have been turned down flat, had they called Chelsea asking for permission to speak to Mata, after being made aware of his desire to leave west London. Though the details of how the deal has been done are yet to emerge, the possible sequence of events is that Mata instructed his agent to find him a new club, United were made aware through a third party, but then needed an intermediary of their own to begin discussions.

The club could not have approached Mata directly or they could have faced the same charges of trying to tap up a player which resulted in manager David Moyes’ former club Everton being hit with a £45,000 fine and embarrassed this week. The identity of United as the club with principal interest in Mata could therefore have been masked by intermediaries until it became clear that there was business to be done. Then they made their move.

The deal – which is likely to see the 25-year-old undergo a medical at Carrington today – reveals the way that intermediaries and agents can get in on the action when clubs are unable to do business with each other. The alternative explanation of United’s use of a third party is that they wanted to call in transfer market experience which they possessed when Sir Alex Ferguson and former chief executive David Gill ran the club.

United are understood to have had no contact whatsoever with the influential businessman Kia Joorabchian, who took Carlos Tevez from United to City in 2009 and who has been on the edges of this deal.

UK Independent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

He's the only one - De Gea and Ricardo are the only other Spanish players United have had.

With De Gea and Mata in the same team maybe they can persuade a few buddies to join them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

keane2097 wrote: »
    Mourinho confirming Mata medical according to Chelsea twitter.

Chelsea FC ‏@chelseafc 52m
    Mourinho on Mata: 'We allowed Juan to travel and have a medical at Manchester United'. #CFC

https://twitter.com/chelseafc

Keep up will ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

With De Gea and Mata in the same team maybe they can persuade a few buddies to join them.

Thiago at Bayern? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

FatherTed wrote: »
    Feck that's a better one than mine:

................Rafael....................
    RVP....Januzaj....Mata....Kagawa
    Vidiv....Evra....De Gea....Evans
    ...........Fletcher......Evra........

Will never work....You have Evra in twice..;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

OOOOOhh do to the hoke-KOKE etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Keep up will ya!

Jose has some good comments!
    Mourinho: 'It's the way you look at things, would supporters be happy if we stopped him from being happy?' #CFC

Mourinho: If the fans are sad that Juan is leaving, I will say that we are also sad. Noone is jumping around the place.' #CFC

Mourinho: 'We hope Juan does well. We are convinced he will do well. No fears for us. We all wish him well.' #CFC

Chelsea twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Azeem ‏@AzeemZMir 19m
    Juan Mata is a red.

Bev2fWrCEAEzCuU.jpg:large

:D

I for one hope this does start a surge, that catalyst I'm always banging on about.

Genuinelly want more then anything to finish above Liverpool, so I can drop a big two fingers to my mates. I don't like Liverpool, it comes from personal and family experiences in football, aswell as just disliking the constant **** with their fans.

I take no interested in Liverpool, I'm not checking their results to see if I can make a joke, I'm not laughing at my mates over something. I look at all the big clubs results around Europe, I look at ours, I enjoy a bit of proper football discussion.

My mates have REALLy turned me sour this year with the constant mouthing off. six points ahead only half way through the season and acting like they are 4th and the season is over. Can't wait to finish above them.

Only comeback that ever works is when they make a joke about a result and I reply "jesus, more worried about rivals results then your own situation, small club mentality that" , seems to send them into more a fit of rage then anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Meh, most of the Liverpool fans I know haven't been that irritating about the whole thing. They are generally sympathetic and sure, while I can tell that they are enjoying it, it's no more than I've enjoyed watching them flounder for the last two decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

TheDoc wrote: »
    I for one hope this does start a surge, that catalyst I'm always banging on about.

Genuinelly want more then anything to finish above Liverpool, so I can drop a big two fingers to my mates. I don't like Liverpool, it comes from personal and family experiences in football, aswell as just disliking the constant **** with their fans.

I take no interested in Liverpool, I'm not checking their results to see if I can make a joke, I'm not laughing at my mates over something. I look at all the big clubs results around Europe, I look at ours, I enjoy a bit of proper football discussion.

My mates have REALLy turned me sour this year with the constant mouthing off. six points ahead only half way through the season and acting like they are 4th and the season is over. Can't wait to finish above them.

Only comeback that ever works is when they make a joke about a result and I reply "jesus, more worried about rivals results then your own situation, small club mentality that" , seems to send them into more a fit of rage then anything else.
    One guy i know is using the rvp is getting old card as a windup but alas i remind him rvp is only 3 years older than suarez that shuts him up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Azeem ‏@AzeemZMir 19m
    Juan Mata is a red.

:D

2vs3ewh.gif

cel.gif

tumblr_lrnnqiJMpv1qleren.gif

One guy i know is using the rvp is getting old card as a windup but alas i remind him rvp is only 3 years older than suarez that shuts him up ;)

That's one thing I hate about football. Hearing 30 year olds described as old when I'm fast approaching it myself doesn't put me in a good mood. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

You take no interest in liverpool? How many times do you mention liverpool in that post!! Thats about as bitter a post ive ever read here. Classic

Lads i think mata is actually great value at what we are paying for him...

Now i also think chelsea are stobe mad to sell to united while it will help title chances this year they will regret it hugely next year i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

I like this new United transfer policy of signing our rivals player of the year

Van Persie..Mata...Zabeleta next???

• Advertisement

I normally don't give a rise to anyone but it's becoming a constant torrent of stuff at this stage haha. And I always find my pool mates to completely inept when it comes to ACTUAL discussion.

I thought it would be obvious to a blind man, that persisting with Gerard is paying homage to a legend that as a player has rapidly declined. Some of their best form this year was him not in the team, and now with Lucas injured ( their most important midfielder imo) and your man Cissohko being revealed as a proper buffer, they are in dire straits.

All that cash on a keeper that when he moved I said was a bad decision, being proved correct time and time again.

Not an ounce of humility about them, their team is LITERALLY based around one player. And to think they gave me guff at one man team last year. Even with Suarez firing on all cyclinders, watch the amount of points they drop going forward.

Can only hope more talk from Rodgers over title contention, everytime he mentions title and Liverpool in the same sentence they drops points the very next match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Would love Zab at United.

My favourite City player by a mile. Aguero and Kompany ain't bad either

viper006 wrote: »
    You take no interest in liverpool? How many times do you mention liverpool in that post!! Thats about as bitter a post ive ever read here. Classic

....obviously I'm going to mention the centre piece to the post, but good man for trying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Kagawa out on the right? Completly out position so that wouldnt work at all, the only way we will see the best of Kagawa is in his natural position which is in the centre off the striker
    I understand but as it is who's better? I was expecting it to be 4-4-2 with a diamond formation. Carrick is overrated.

That's one thing I hate about football. Hearing 30 year olds described as old when I'm fast approaching it myself doesn't put me in a good mood. :(

Wouldnt mind only the guy thats saying it or posting it to facebook is an absolutely vile mannered 45 year old man. Same guy deathmocks sick yes but he is from that generation in the 80s that caused so much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Thiago at Bayern? :D

but he wants first team football why would he come to united? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Looks like Mata won't be definitely signed until late tonight at the earliest. Seemingly he's still in London, but I imagine after Jose's press conference he will have started making his way up for the medical.

Hopefully we'll see him in the red shirt tomorrow morning.

Its a great transfer policy lukaku next or maybe nasri?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Don't like way this Mata signing is taking so long.....

I normally don't give a rise to anyone but it's becoming a constant torrent of stuff at this stage haha. And I always find my pool mates to completely inept when it comes to ACTUAL discussion.

I thought it would be obvious to a blind man, that persisting with Gerard is paying homage to a legend that as a player has rapidly declined. Some of their best form this year was him not in the team, and now with Lucas injured ( their most important midfielder imo) and your man Cissohko being revealed as a proper buffer, they are in dire straits.

All that cash on a keeper that when he moved I said was a bad decision, being proved correct time and time again.

Not an ounce of humility about them, their team is LITERALLY based around one player. And to think they gave me guff at one man team last year. Even with Suarez firing on all cyclinders, watch the amount of points they drop going forward.

Can only hope more talk from Rodgers over title contention, everytime he mentions title and Liverpool in the same sentence they drops points the very next match.

Are you having a laugh, he cost 10m vs 20+ for de gea and bar the last 3-4 games and he been great addition of us. De gea has proven once again vs sunderland he is still as error prone as most utd fans here fear. I dont understand the vindictive tone here at all. Suarez is world class yes but sturridge as has contributed hugely this season also. God you complaining and taking a proper discussion with your pool mates and you dont have a clue what your talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

1619073_622093527857949_682687714_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Keep up will ya!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

michael owen on twitter ‏@themichaelowen 6h

So, Juan Mata is on the verge of a move to United. A little dickie bird tells me there is more good news for United fans coming soon! #tease

De gea has proven once again vs sunderland he is still as error prone as most utd fans here fear.

You heard it here first guys: One error in a season = error prone.

You heard it here first guys: One error in a season = error prone.

And what about the previous season. This is mignolet first season in fairness. Im concerned about his form the last few games but the post saying "all this money spent" and all his mistakes. Hes saved usmuch more points than hes dropped this season. Crazy comment

De Gea has been excellent for us over the past season and a half. Can't knock him for just one mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

I understand but as it is who's better? I was expecting it to be 4-4-2 with a diamond formation. Carrick is overrated.

Personally i would go with 4-2-3-1

De Gea

Rafael-Vidic-Jones-Evra

Carrick-Fellaini

--Mata--Rooney--Januazaj

Van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

And what about the previous season. This is mignolet first season in fairness. Im concerned about his form the last few games but the post saying "all this money spent" and all his mistakes. Hes saved usmuch more points than hes dropped this season. Crazy comment

Is Joe Hart a good keeper or is he error-prone?

Be that as it may, your comment about De Gea is more crazy. But sure carry on fighting fire with more ridiculous fire.

Personally i would go with 4-2-3-1

De Gea

Rafael-Vidic-Jones-Evra

Carrick-Fellaini

--Mata--Rooney--Januazaj

Van Persie
    I like this better in fact. Maybe replace Carrick with Fletch when back to full fitness. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Going through some of the gifs and i see this...some miss

forland-o.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement