Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

viper006 wrote: »
    De gea has proven once again vs sunderland he is still as error prone as most utd fans here fear.

Yes I've been guilty of not visiting my beloved United thread much for awhile. And the first thing I read is some classic comedy material. Makes me realise how much I've been missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

kstand wrote: »
    Is Joe Hart a good keeper or is he error-prone?

Like any keeper he has his ups and downs. I just couldnt believe the poster quoting 10m as all that money spent on mignolet.He cost 10m!! De gea more than twice than. I think they are both excellent stop stoppers but aerially are both suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Yeah, lets sh** can DDG, our best player this season..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

ACF Fiorentina ‏@ACF_Fiorentina 4m
    Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira indosserà la maglia numero 88 #Anderson #ACFFiorentina #forzaviola

Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira wears jersey number 88

bullvine wrote: »
    Yeah, lets sh** can DDG, our best player this season..

Thats not hard

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

And what about the previous season. This is mignolet first season in fairness. Im concerned about his form the last few games but the post saying "all this money spent" and all his mistakes. Hes saved usmuch more points than hes dropped this season. Crazy comment

Ah Liverpool fan comparing Mignolet to DeGea. That's the Mignolet that has spent years in the League.

oookkkkk

Shouldn't you be in your own thread wondering how Salah will fit into your team???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Talks about bitterness then comes out with this nugget
    De gea has proven once again vs sunderland he is still as error prone as most utd fans here fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And what about the previous season. This is mignolet first season in fairness. Im concerned about his form the last few games but the post saying "all this money spent" and all his mistakes. Hes saved usmuch more points than hes dropped this season. Crazy comment

Maybe its a goalkeeper thing, theres another poster frequently on here that makes great comments about goalkeepers aswell, I get the impression hes spent many a year like me between the sticks.

But when I heard 10m was spent on him, thought it was bad business. It's the typical schoolboy error most loose rumours are based off in the press. A keeper in a piss poor team, saves a loads of shots = goalkeeper good enough for top club.
    There seemed to be alot missing from his game to warrant a pretty significant fee for a goalkeeper, for a team with asperations to rise higher.

Look maybe it is the exact same thing people did with De Gea, where I saw how good he was and people called me mental. Shot stopping isn't a thing to rate for goalkeepers. It's their ****ing bread and butter, thats like saying a striker is good cause he can kick the ball and make it go places. But De Gea very QUCIKLY displayed an outragous ability to find targets with his kicking and throwing, to launch breaks and counter attacks and his unorthodox method of using his legs allows him to be in a better place to deal with shots most keepers would let by them. Whereas compare that with Rodgers commenting Mignolet attracted him based on his distribution, and I'm wondering what match he watched to see it.

And I'll apologise for that up front, I judge goalkeepers alot quicker then anything else just from my history with the position. So I take your point, but I just found it a strange decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Anderson wearing 88

I'm sure there's a fat joke in there some where, but I couldn't be arsed looking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

jebus84 wrote: »
    michael owen on twitter ‏@themichaelowen 6h

So, Juan Mata is on the verge of a move to United. A little dickie bird tells me there is more good news for United fans coming soon! #tease

If I had to hazard a guess..Owen is quitting commentating on footy matches.
    Hurray for everyone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm sure there's a fat joke in there some where, but I couldn't be arsed looking

I already thought about it. Yeah he's so fat he can now fit two 8 on his shirt haha. But decided against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The funny thing about De Gea, is that he was immediately given a chance to redeem himself and saved 2 penalties in a shootout, including a ****ing terrific save from Johnson with the game on the line, which normally results in a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

bingo "two fat ladies 88"

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Panthro wrote: »
    If I had to hazard a guess..Owen is quitting commentating on footy matches.
    Hurray for everyone!

I think that would benefit all football fans though rather than just United fans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

TheDoc wrote: »
    I for one hope this does start a surge, that catalyst I'm always banging on about.

Genuinelly want more then anything to finish above Liverpool, so I can drop a big two fingers to my mates. I don't like Liverpool, it comes from personal and family experiences in football, aswell as just disliking the constant **** with their fans.

I take no interested in Liverpool, I'm not checking their results to see if I can make a joke, I'm not laughing at my mates over something. I look at all the big clubs results around Europe, I look at ours, I enjoy a bit of proper football discussion.

My mates have REALLy turned me sour this year with the constant mouthing off. six points ahead only half way through the season and acting like they are 4th and the season is over. Can't wait to finish above them.

Only comeback that ever works is when they make a joke about a result and I reply "jesus, more worried about rivals results then your own situation, small club mentality that" , seems to send them into more a fit of rage then anything else.

Couldnt agree with you more, I have a good few friends who are liverpool fans and we can belt off a serious discussion of what players they need or we need and its all done civil, but then you have one or 2 idiot fans who do nothing but mock us any chance they get weather that's in person or face book,

normally you could ignore it but one of them has turned it into a unhealthy obsession about mocking us anytime we do bad, but when we hit good form he is nowhere to be found :rolleyes: (like last year in the second leg in the cl against Madrid, he was quick to walk away and play a game of pool when Ramos scored the OG, but when Nani was sent off he ran over to the TV shouting it was a blatant red when he never saw the challenge, anything he could do to try and piss us off) obviously not all liverpool fans are like this but it just takes one or two to make you hate a club and granted there probably fans on our side who are just as bad,

Right now i would love to nick 4th off Liverpool and to quote Kevin Keegan "i would love it if we beat them" and thats my rant over :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I love this pic of that De Gea save, even at full stretch and bending backwards i still wonder how he managed to save it

Eo6KR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I love this pic of that De Gea save, even at full stretch and bending backwards i still wonder how he managed to save it

Eo6KR.jpg

was a great free kick too - wish we had a free kick taker like that in our team...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

DDG is the King. End of Story..

He looks like the stoner guy from Attack the block

luke_treadaway.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

That was a Mata free as well wasn't it. :D

@hococop one of my mates is a moron when it comes to football. Like he made an amazing rant at how United have ALWAYS had ****e players, and built their success of intimidation tactics from "whiskey nose" and bribing the FA

Not an ounce of joking in it, when I raised a few names like Ronaldo, Van Nistelroy, Keane, Stam, Scholes his reply was "over rated".

Spat my pint out ( not metaphoricly, absolutely laced one of the girls with my drink) when I asked "Alright then, so what Liverpool players would be above them" and the FIRST name that he felt fit to mention was " Milan Baros".

I'm all for discussion, even banter, I can't stand that stupid tribal supporter who see's his players as the best in the world and everything else as muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

garyneville-tamoftheyear.jpeg

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

It was.

Anyone have any news on Mata's pending medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Amusing video of Man Utd fan trolling some Chelsea fans with made up player names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Who :confused:;)

Talks about bitterness then comes out with this nugget

haha this is crazy. Go back a page or 2 and read the comment i first responded too. That is bitter rayne but the posts i was responding too were cringeworthy analysis of liverpool players. Thought id try and rise afew back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

I'm sick of seeing "Mata signing imminent" on websites now. Please United, if you are reading this, just sign him and announce it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

"I think Juan Mata is a very good player.

"It is a shame he didn't play often this year at Chelsea. I think United are buying a very good player.

"Personally I don't agree that the player can go from one team to another team in the same league at this part of the year, but rules are rules and he can change clubs."

Manuel Pellegrini doing an Arsene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hococop wrote: »
    Right now i would love to nick 4th off Liverpool and to quote Kevin Keegan "i would love it if we beat them" and thats my rant over :)

Nah, I wouldn't want that. I'd want Liverpool to finish 4th, us 5th, then we go on and win the Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Had to leave the gym, hurry up and confirm as I want to do my Mata dance

mbi93q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Really don't understand the moaning from Pellegrini and Wenger. This is how the transfer window works! I say that without any amount of bias. If it was the case that Mata was off to City or Arsenal I would only bemoan the fact that United weren't getting him.

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    Really don't understand the moaning from Pellegrini and Wenger. This is how the transfer window works! I say that without any amount of bias. If it was the case that Mata was off to City or Arsenal I would only bemoan the fact that United weren't getting him.

Probably feel it was a sinister move to to dislodge their title credentials. As if Mata alone is going to beat them when we play.

tinfoil hat merchants, if it was a case Chelsea wanted to scupper their title run in when they played us, could have easily made it a loan deal, and then got back a top player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Amusing video of Man Utd fan trolling some Chelsea fans with made up player names

Laughed all the way through that wind you up LMFAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Laughed all the way through that wind you up LMFAO
    Can't help but think a lot of it is staged tbh

Anyone k ow anything bout that salah fella liverpool have been saying they have wrapped up the last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

KH25 wrote: »

Nobody said anything when Torres joined Chelsea for £50million in a January window. Its an open transfer window, you can buy from any club you like, really dont see what Wenger's or Pellegrin's complaint is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone k ow anything bout that salah fella liverpool have been saying they have wrapped up the last few days?

I know hes a Chelsea player and hes good in FM.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nice sig Griefer, but it contravenes size rules and someone will complain so you'll have to resize it or change it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Daniel Harris summed it up well on Twitter - So Pellegrino reckons we shouldn't be able to sign Mata but spending a billion quid of dubious provenance is fine. People are funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I don't mind admitting that i find the Liverpool fans the worst out of all the clubs by a mile. This season has been never ending from them and it speaks volumes when they see being above utd and in 4th place as a great season. A fairly decent side with imo an excellent manager but come on 4th place, is that the limit of their ambitions.

Its going to be a rollorcoaster for us for a season or so until we settle with the manager and the system and our new signings. Its exciting times, its been mid eighties since i can remember times like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't mind admitting that i find the Liverpool fans the worst out of all the clubs by a mile. This season has been never ending from them and it speaks volumes when they see being above utd and in 4th place as a great season. A fairly decent side with imo an excellent manager but come on 4th place, is that the limit of their ambitions.

Its going to be a rollorcoaster for us for a season or so until we settle with the manager and the system and our new signings. Its exciting times, its been mid eighties since i can remember times like this.

It is (plausibly) this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

They're a long way off City, Chelsea and Arsenal, so 4th is the best they can hope for. This season is their chance with United not playing great. I'd imagine next season will be tougher for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The funny thing about Wenger and Pelligrini's complaints is that you could also argue transfers at this time of the season should ONLY be allowed within the one league.

In this case, United have gained a Mata, Chelsea have lost one - United's squad is better by an identical amount to Chelsea's squad's disimprovement, equilibrium of the league as a whole is maintained.

When you add in a Salah, however, you now have United's squad improving by Mata, Chelsea's squad dis-improving by (Mata - Salah) and the whole thing is ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I just had a guy say to me: "we're signing rubbish for £37 million, I don't rate him at all".

Now, any signing is potentially risky, but he was Chelsea's player of the year for the last two seasons, is genuinely world class and makes the strongest international squad ever. And he is "rubbish".

It took everything I had in order not to say "Please leave. Now. And never attempt to talk to me about football again."

Nice sig Griefer, but it contravenes size rules and someone will complain so you'll have to resize it or change it!

Do people really report sigs?? Lol

Salah is a chelsea player?? But my pool aquantances have been telling me for a week salah is 100% sorted and he will be a pool legend LMFAO wait til i get to pub later talk about having ammunition :)

Honestly what is wrong with us considering 4th a great season. I can tell you if we finish 4th and qualify for CL this season we will be over the moon after about 3-4 years of been run terribly and nightmare transfers like 35m on carroll.It certainly isnt the limit of our ambitions but its a huge step in going right direction and getting CL can attract the players we need to push on further. In fairness our squad is paper thin and suarez and sturridge are papering over some serious cracks in the team so pushing on to 4th would be amazing this season.

• Advertisement

look at facebook, its continuous from united fans too this season and the last few seasons when liverpool were outside the top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Honestly what is wrong with us considering 4th a great season. I can tell you if we finish 4th and qualify for CL this season we will be over the moon after about 3-4 years of been run terribly and nightmare transfer like 35mon carroll.It certainly isnt the limit of our ambitions but its a huge step in going right direction and getting CL can attract the players we need to push on further. In fairness our squad is paper thin and suarez and sturridge are papering over some serious cracks in the teams.

Get out of the thread buddy. Please. You have your LFC thread.

Edit: This is just going to spiral into an internet fight.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Ouuuu getting very cocky in here I see :)

Good to have yiz back.

Bring it on !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

This might seem like a weird statement but when I first seen Mata play I just thought he should be a United player. And now he is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

This might seem like a weird statement but when I first seen Mata play I just thought he should be a United player. And now he is!

A united CM may you add!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement