Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm anxious, I need to hear an announcement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I don't mind admitting that i find the Liverpool fans the worst out of all the clubs by a mile. This season has been never ending from them and it speaks volumes when they see being above utd and in 4th place as a great season. A fairly decent side with imo an excellent manager but come on 4th place, is that the limit of their ambitions.

Its going to be a rollorcoaster for us for a season or so until we settle with the manager and the system and our new signings. Its exciting times, its been mid eighties since i can remember times like this.

Whats the limit of your ambitions do you mind me asking??would it be 4th place by any chance

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Do people really report sigs?? Lol

You would be amazed at what people report. Some people report more posts than actually post. No lie.
    Agueroooo wrote: »
    Ouuuu getting very cocky in here I see :)

Good to have yiz back.

Bring it on !

Have us back? Christ almighty have I been asleep for a decade or two but remind me who are the current premier league champions?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Whats the limit of your ambitions do you mind me asking??would it be 4th place by any chance

See that's your problem. You limit your ambitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Get out of the thread buddy. Please. You have your LFC thread.

Edit: This is just going to spiral into an internet fight.

It's not your place to tell where another poster should go, as outlined in the charter.

I also want to remind people that this is the Manchester United super thread, not the Liverpool super thread so try and keep it to a minimum, please and thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Well f**k me, Pears Morgan actually making a good point. Now i have seen everything
    Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 19m

Wenger's spent the last few years selling all our best players to rivals..and now moans when Chelsea do it? Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

More Mata talk, less Liverpool please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BewNxunCMAA2v4o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The Mirror reporting Mata deal could stall until next week due to conflicts of pay structure of the deal

The little dirts....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Where do UTD fans see Mata playing and what kind of system? Ye are currently playing 442 and he aint a lw or rw or cm so will ye change to 4231and have him behind a front man? I just find it interesting given how ye struggle to use Kagawa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

The way Mourinho was talking today, the deal is done bar a medical and personal terms. I would hope that neither will delay the signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Deal is being held up by failure to agree on payment structure.. Both clubs have agreed a fee but not on how it will paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

TheDoc wrote: »
    The Mirror reporting Mata deal could stall until next week due to conflicts of pay structure of the deal

The little dirts....
    They trying to spoil the party Doc :mad:

Deal is being held up by failure to agree on payment structure.. Both clubs have agreed a fee but not on how it will paid

This is pure speculation from the mirror. Truth is no one knows anymore than Jose said. They're willing to sell and he's having a medical.

lordgoat wrote: »
    This is pure speculation from the mirror. Truth is no one knows anymore than Jose said. They're willing to sell and he's having a medical.

haha, don't know why

"We aren't happy with that payment structure"

"I don't know what more we can do, typically we wouldn't have this amount of metal briefcases with ACTUAL cash...."

"No, not happy...made cash look like a goose...then we talk.."

lordgoat wrote: »

Normally take what the Mirror say with a pinch a salt but it sounds legit..If everything was sorted regards fee & payment structure then Mata would be having his medical... Hes not

Looks like its delayed.
    jamie jackson ‏@GuardianJamieJ

Mata transfer delayed. More soon on @guardian_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Poor Anderson, given number 88, in bingo language that is not good.

Johner wrote: »
    Looks like its delayed.

It now makes sense why Moyes refused to discuss Mata on Wednesday..its clearly not 100% done & club dont want to jump the gun. Usually the club would announce they have agreed a fee & player will join subject to medical. Were not at that stage yet which points to the money side of things not signed off yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

There would be a meltdown if Mourinho pulled the plug after what he said about him joining united :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

talks that Mata's agent wont sign unless he's guaranteed to be equal to the top paid at the club?

slingerz wrote: »
    talks that Mata's agent wont sign unless he's guaranteed to be equal to the top paid at the club?

Mata never seemed the type to moan about wages.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ugh I have a horrible feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I call BullSh!t on that one.. IMO there is No way Mata would make demands like that with his place in the Spain Squad in doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Poor RasTa will shrivel up to nothing in the jacuzzi. I hope you brought some food with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FutureGuy wrote: »

Relax mate united wont mess this up theres too much riding on getting a player like mata on the books.. to attract the best players united need to make a huge statement of intent and juan mata is just that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We have a game on Tuesday, if it's not confirmed today I want Woodward sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

5starpool wrote: »
    Poor RasTa will shrivel up to nothing in the jacuzzi. I hope you brought some food with you!

????

astradave wrote: »
    I call BullSh!t on that one.. IMO there is No way Mata would make demands like that with his place in the Spain Squad in doubt.

posibly is only saying what im seeing on twitter

anyone reckon United might go 3-5-2 with mata joining

DDG
    Jones-Smalling-Evans
    Rafael Evra
    Carrick Fellani
    Mata
    Rooney RVP

• Advertisement

Somewhat adventurous no?

Can't think of a 3-5-2 that worked consistently in the EPL, tried plenty, mild success, utter failures.

Would have thought 4-2-3-1 more likely. Moving from 4 at the back in England is a taboo subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

posibly is only saying what im seeing on twitter

anyone reckon United might go 3-5-2 with mata joining

DDG
    Jones-Smalling-Evans
    Rafael Evra
    Carrick Fellani
    Mata
    Rooney RVP

I can't see us ever playing 3-5-2 tbh.

It'll be 4-4-2, (4-4-1-1) or 4-2-3-1 under Moyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Relax mate united wont mess this up theres too much riding on getting a player like mata on the books.. to attract the best players united need to make a huge statement of intent and juan mata is just that

Final decison is down to chelsea at the end of the day so if they get cold feet before signing then united cant do much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Go on FutureGuy - use your party piece :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

*nervous laughter*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

4-2-3-1 I reckon,

Carrick
    Fellaini/Fletch

----Rooney
    Mata
    Januzaj

Robin

that's scary!

Congrats on Mata, super player and super signing. CB should be next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

8-10 wrote: »
    4-2-3-1 I reckon,

Carrick
    Fellaini/Fletch

----Rooney
    Mata
    Januzaj

Robin

that's scary!

Congrats on Mata, super player and super signing. CB should be next.

why push rooney out to the wing?

Just not having both Rooney and RVP up top lessens the impact of Rooney who is the most likely to drop deeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jesus this deal is taking forever, what the hell is going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Guardian journalist saying the transfer is delayed, no reason given.

• Advertisement

More on the delay from the Guardian,

Juan Mata's Manchester United medical held up by Chelsea delay
    • Medical expected for Friday may now be at the weekend
    • Some work is still required for the deal to be completed

Juan Mata's £40m transfer to Manchester United from Chelsea has been delayed. His medical may not happen now until the weekend and some work is still required for the deal to be completed.

The delay is at the Chelsea end of the move rather than at United and, though Mata had been expected to have a medical by the close of Friday, this is now in the balance, despite José Mourinho saying the player had travelled to have the examination. Yet both clubs are understood to have no concerns, with United relaxed about what would be a club record deal according to sources at Old Trafford.

Earlier, Mourinho signalled that Mata will soon be a United player. "Things are going in a good direction," the Chelsea manager said. "We have allowed Juan to travel and have the medical. The player deserves respect and to play and because the offer is right, we allowed him to negotiate," he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/24/juan-mata-manchester-united-medical-chelsea-delay?CMP=twt_gu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i dont think i can take the weekend of worrying that it could collapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

magnumbud wrote: »
    why push rooney out to the wing?

I don't see it as traditional winger positions. Full backs should be providing width. It would be a more fluid attack, the point is that Robin would be the only person on the last man, it's nearly like playing 3 number 10's behind, except Jan and Rooney would work harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Jose was just trolling you all! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It must be a case of how much cash United must pay immediately. If the actual total amount is not in doubt, then it should be ok.

If they have different conditions on how to reach a final total, such as x million after x games, then it could unravel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

What has changed in the last few hours. It will be done relax ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse 2m
    Mata to #MUFC likely to be Monday, maybe even Tuesday now

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm off to the gym in an hour or so and won't be leaving until he is signed
    Might be a long day in the jacuzzi
    5starpool wrote: »
    ????

I had missed the one where he said he had left the gym, but still, I stand by my lame humour attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Bloody hell, brought him into my FF team as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not worried about delay at all was expecting this.

Hopefully another signing is not too far away now.

Be great lift if Rooney and RVP are back for next week. Maybe Fellaini too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement