Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

If Jose is trolling us and the transfer collapses, then I'm gathering up a posse, heading over to Stamford Bridge, wait for Jose to come out the back door and then.......well, probably stand in awe at seeing him in the flesh while getting my picture taken with him, having a little chat, falling a little in love at his cheeky little grin when I ask politely what happened with the Mata deal and then, oh yes, then, I'll mutter all kinds of obscenities at him under my breath after he's well out of earshot. I'll show him not to mess United around again.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Rumours going around of a second larger bid.
    What has changed in the last few hours. It will be done relax ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Howard Nurse says it will be Monday or possibly Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

5starpool wrote: »

I had missed the one where he said he had left the gym, but still, I stand by my lame humour attempt.

Ah now i get ya... lol very good sir well played ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Johner wrote: »
    Howard Nurse says it will be Monday or possibly Tuesday.

Ya more likely Tuesday now I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

bullpost wrote: »

What rumours??

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

bullpost wrote: »

You must be the only one hearing this.

more than likely the Salah deal is delayed hence its probably holding up the Mata one.

it will be cleared up pretty easy I'd say in the next 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Ya more likely Tuesday now I say

I would think Chelsea won't sign off on Mata until Salah is complete which will take time because of work permit, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Leaving it over the weekend is not beneficial for United. Oscar does his hammy against Stoke now and the whole thing falls apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

We're not signing Mata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Honestly expecting this to collapse the longer it goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'll not believe it until Mata is standing beside Woodward holding a United jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'll not believe it until Mata is standing beside Woodward holding a United jersey

Along with about twenty other items of clothing and placards for our sponsors...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

It's the other deal that's holding it up. Sign quick you basle *****rd

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Lads..Mata will sign for United! I wouldnt even worry about it, this deal will be finalised soon

Potential reasons for delay:

Chelsea waiting on work permit clearance on Salah
    Feed agreed but Both clubs yet to agree on payment structure

Nothing major, there is no hurry on it either as we dont play until Tuesday

Lads..Mata will sign for United! I wouldnt even worry about it, this deal will be finalised soon

Potential reasons for delay:

Chelsea waiting on work permit clearance on Salah
    Feed agreed but Both clubs yet to agree on payment structure

Nothing major, there is no hurry on it either as we dont play until Tuesday

Keep talking I just relaxed reading your wise words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

CSF wrote: »
    Leaving it over the weekend is not beneficial for United. Oscar does his hammy against Stoke now and the whole thing falls apart.

Hazard moves in middle and they start playing Schurrle ;)

15 Years today.

Andy Gray " I told you while ago this is Liverpools day":pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hazard moves in middle and they start playing Schurrle ;)
    Exactly if there is one club that can easily survive without Mata its we signed every attacking midfielder Chelsea

Moyes is in Germany I hear.

Anyone hear or know more?

• Advertisement

I get the feeling Basel are being cùnts trying to ask for more money after hearing what Chelsea are getting for Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

das ist gut.
    (that's all I got!)

I get the feeling Basel are being cùnts trying to ask for more money after hearing what Chelsea are getting for Mata.

But clubs released statement saying an agreement was reached subject to medical. Is that right :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

He is at the bayern gladbach game. He might have his eye on a few different players

But clubs released statement saying an agreement was reached subject to medical. Is that right :confused:

I could be wrong but was there an agreement for Salah with Liverpool as well before Chelsea out bid them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Salah is gonna sign for Liverpool, Chelsea then won't sell Mata. TheDoc will kill every Liverpool supporter around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Nope i think the Jose press conference is the only actual from either club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Well if he is in Germany the names Gudongan, reus and kagawa all come to mind . No idea tho

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

astradave wrote: »

Obviously pandering to intelligent folk like your good self.

Nope i think the Jose press conference is the only actual from either club.

Both Basel and Chelsea officially announced the deal through their twitters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

15 Years today.

Keanes greatest performance in a United shirt.. Often overlooked by the Turin game.

Moyes out brigade wont like this
    Ferguson critical of clubs which don't give new managers time. "Why don’t they persevere with it? It seems to me so stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chelsea won't sign off Mata deal until Salah is done. Salah terms,medical,work permit will take at least a couple of days. That's the reason for the delay.

Obviously pandering to intelligent folk like your good self.

Jesus thanks your very Kind :rolleyes:, If you are looking for a rise here ya wont be getting it off me, mainly because IMO liverpool are our main rivals for 4th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

astradave wrote: »
    Both Basel and Chelsea officially announced the deal through their twitters

Salah deal agreed subject to work permit & medical which not completed yet but will very soon. As soon as that is expect the Mata deal to be announced soon after, Chelsea are selling one of there best players to a rival, no matter what way they sugar coat it so there going to do it on there terms..Look we signed Salah & then United will be given the green light to announce Mata, its all politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

15 Years today.

I miss Fergie :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think a lot of people need to relax when it comes to all these "reasons" the deal has been delayed, if it actually has at all. Every journalist is trying to get an exclusive and look good and credible.

What we do know is Jose has confirmed that Mata looks set to join us. Anything else, even down to when the medical is due, should cause no need for panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Salah is gonna sign for Liverpool, Chelsea then won't sell Mata. TheDoc will kill every Liverpool supporter around him.

I know the doc personally. He's lethal with a weapon in his hand so they better watch out, and his arch nemesis is a semi professional rock star who supports Birmingham.

True story.

Hurry up Mata will ya!

Think a lot of people need to relax when it comes to all these "reasons" the deal has been delayed, if it actually has at all. Every journalist is trying to get an exclusive and look good and credible.

What we do know is Jose has confirmed that Mata looks set to join us. Anything else, even down to when the medical is due, should cause no need for panic.

well said.

some people need to chill out.

We have a huge game next week too. RVP and Rooney aint far away from coming back as is Fellaini. Things aint too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Daily Mail (reliable I know) have it that personal terms are agreed and they are waiting on the medical results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

well said.

some people need to chill out.

We have a huge game next week too. RVP and Rooney aint far away from coming back as is Fellaini. Things aint too bad.
    Kew I starting to like your new found positivity :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Giving 2 fingers to the 'no value in the market' is one good thing Moyes has done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

fooking dubstep

irishfeen wrote: »
    Kew I starting to like your new found positivity :)

Im very calm right now. Things are looking good off the pitch for United. Im confident we will get another name. Ideally be nice to have Mata wrapped up but expected this delay.

Once we can start getting 3 points in next few weeks we may not be in bad place come May.

lot to be done but that is the beauty of it all.

Trilla wrote: »
    I know the doc personally. He's lethal with a weapon in his hand so they better watch out, and his arch nemesis is a semi professional rock star who supports Birmingham.

True story.

Hurry up Mata will ya!

hahahahahaha, miss you man xxx

Get a Room you two!!

Get a Room you two!!

won't be a room big enough to hold all the lads here kissing and hugging when Mata deal comes through

TheDoc wrote: »
    won't be a room big enough to hold all the lads here kissing and hugging when Mata deal comes through

Chalk that one down:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement