Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

If we could only sign one this window, Coentrao or Shaw, who would you prefer?
    Coentrao. Class act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Shaw... English so keeps the required Uefa trained in England guidelines, he's under 21 so can be unregistered/youth player for the CL purposes for next few years, we can sell him in 5/6 years for a shedload when Madrid need a new stiker..ala Bale ;)....ye know it makes sense....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Right lads I've missed 70 pages can someone please fill me in on the headlines from today? I know Mata hasn't signed yet. Whats the deal with the twitter story's? New player or Rooney deal?also will mata wear #7 or #8?? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

GSPfan wrote: »
    David Moyes is that you?

David Moyes is too busy breakin' necks and cashin' checks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Shaw all freaking day long. A future WC left back tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

b757 wrote: »
    First game for Mata on Tuesday? :)

That game will be the Juan that Mata's ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Right lads I've missed 70 pages can someone please fill me in on the headlines from today? I know Mata hasn't signed yet. Whats the deal with the twitter story's? New player or Rooney deal?also will mata wear #7 or #8?? Thanks

MUFC and Chelsea confirmed Mata deal - subject to medical and PT.

An apparent bid for Shaw was lodged of 22.5m.

Other links with Cabaye have been floated, but most papers running with us making a bid for Shaw and Mickey Owen saying he understands another player will be announced for MUFc this window.

And Juan Mata is our future King. I hope he gets #7!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Club website says Mata agreed, just medical and personal terms left.

Papers saying Rooney in talks over 300k a week 5 year term.

Michael Owen said that another player will be coming this month.

Papers say an offer made for Shaw, with promise of first team position.

Moyes in Germany, lots of links to German midfielders.

Club website says Mata agreed, just medical and personal terms left.

Papers saying Rooney in talks over 300k a week 5 year term.

Michael Owen said that another player will be coming this month.

Papers say an offer made for Shaw, with promise of first team position.

Moyes in Germany, lots of links to German midfielders.

I saw another rumor from the telegrapgh of a swap of Chico for Guarin.

Don't rate Guarin so hopefully (more than likely) it's BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

and said this on BT sports tonight
    Michael Owen on BT Sport: "From what I've heard Mata isn't the only player joining Manchester United. Exciting times for the fans"

This can only mean... Owen is coming out of retirement!!

tumblr_m8wlawOmEu1r8fc75o1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

master-t wrote: »
    Ah he's back. Dr Negative. We signed Mata in the Jan window, did you hear? Any thoughts? Happy man? Doubtful.

Christ you must be desperate for an arguement if your dragging up this from the summer. I believe what a player says over what a paper says in relation to an incident. This is correct most of the time and ive yet to be proved wrong. Is Wayne Rooney still a United player? Yes he is.

Did Thiago pick Barca because they were the only club talking to him and we never even got that far. Yeah he did.

What's your point?

Also, do you remember this from the other night?

Quite the change around today with your 'Matahorn' talk. Sit down.

Lol

You just keep changing the goal posts as suits you.

Sure I'm happy we signed a player. Surprised you aren't waiting for official confirmation from the man himself is all.

Why would I forget what I posted the other night? What has it got to do with now?

Glad to see you've got with the times though.

Toodle pip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

The only problem is that Shaw is a Chelski fan and was part of their youth academy, if he refuses to go to Utd they will sell to Chelski,
    BTW I would pick Shaw ahead of the Portugal lad whose name I can't spell.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I see people saying Mata will get the No.7 jersey, but I don't think he will. I think it'll be 8. He just doesn't seem to fit the 7 bill for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Still can't believe we're signing Mata, for me up there with Yaya Toure as one of the best midfielders in the league over the past few years. Really hope he doesn't get treated liked Kagawa. I think Kagawa, Rooney, Mata, Janauzaj, Welbeck can rip **** up behind Van Persie. Only need three out of the five of them to be fit at any one time, they can play anywhere across the front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah he's back. Dr Negative.

Tbf there's waaay more negative posters in here than lordgoat

imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

ShaunC wrote: »
    The only problem is that Shaw is a Chelski fan and was part of their youth academy, if he refuses to go to Utd they will sell to Chelski,
    BTW I would pick Shaw ahead of the Portugal lad whose name I can't spell.....

There's a lot of factors to suggest we can't get him but sure put in a bid and see what happens. Chelsea will have to make their move and to be honest I think the Finacial Fair Play thing is making them think about profits for the first time in the Abramovich era. Maybe now is our one and only shot at getting him.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Lol

You just keep changing the goal posts as suits you.

Sure I'm happy we signed a player. Surprised you aren't waiting for official confirmation from the man himself is all.

Why would I forget what I posted the other night? What has it got to do with now?

Glad to see you've got with the times though.

Toodle pip.

Haha you literally troll the forums looking to pick arguements with posters. Bringing up something we argued about from last summer. Depressing stuff mate.

You change the goal posts Goat, as where did I say "I ONLY believe what I hear from players'. You just add in extra words to try and form an argument.

It's relevant because you mentioned 'quite the turnaround'. I found this amusing as your post was laughing at the club the other night, now you have a horn. Odd.

Anyway, I am not getting involved in one of your pathetic trolls, so I'll leave you with this.

5asm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

So if Rooney signs this reported 5 year deal, that will last until he's 33 at which point he'll have probably have declined to some extent and mightn't be as lucrative to other teams, possibly securing his United future.

So if Rooney signs this reported 5 year deal, that will last until he's 33 at which point he'll have probably have declined to some extent and mightn't be as lucrative to other teams, possibly securing his United future.

Hopefully, tying Rooney down to a long term deal is the best thing the club can do IMO.

Imagine if we sold Rooney in the summer. What position would we be in now? *Shudders*

We can now build the team around 3 WC players in Rooney, RvP and Mata and attract even more quality when other WC players can see we are not weakening the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Hopefully, tying Rooney down to a long term deal is the best thing the club can do IMO.

Imagine if we sold Rooney in the summer. What position would we be in now? *Shudders*

We can now build the team around 3 WC players in Rooney, RvP and Mata and attract even more quality when other WC players can see we are not weakening the team.

A tough German CM alongside a revitalized Belgian and United would be a match for any team. Looking forward to seeing how Moyes develops this team! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

I know somebody asked this question here but cant see who, anyway here is the answer:

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse 3h
    Premier League's @PLDan confirms #MUFC must sign/register @juanmata10 by 1200 GMT Monday for him to able to face Cardiff on Tuesday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

I know somebody asked this question here but cant see who, anyway here is the answer:

Howard Nurse ‏@howardnurse 3h
    Premier League's @PLDan confirms #MUFC must sign/register @juanmata10 by 1200 GMT Monday for him to able to face Cardiff on Tuesday evening

Sound! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

First Mata and now possibly Shaw & Cabaye along with I'm assuming someone or another from Germany. Jesus, Moyes is really taking this whole war chest thing seriously.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

I really hope whatever centre mid we sign, whether it's this window or in the summer, is able to put in a tackle. With the exception of Fletcher, who is rusty as fúck, none of our current crop are able to do that. Please sign a box-to-box midfielder Moyes!

The Mata signing and possible other signings will take a bit of pressure off Fellaini. Lets hope he has had a false start and when he comes back he is the player we hope he is.
    Whether you support Moyes or want him out, signing players is the best thing right now. Signing players will either make him or break him so there will be no where to hide if it all goes tits up. Its top 4 or bust really. There will be no more excuses if a LB and CM are signed in january.

Haha you literally troll the forums looking to pick arguements with posters. Bringing up something we argued about from last summer. Depressing stuff mate.

You change the goal posts Goat, as where did I say "I ONLY believe what I hear from players'. You just add in extra words to try and form an argument.

It's relevant because you mentioned 'quite the turnaround'. I found this amusing as your post was laughing at the club the other night, now you have a horn. Odd.

Anyway, I am not getting involved in one of your pathetic trolls, so I'll leave you with this.

Dude. You need to remain calm. I was pointing out your sudden change in perception. That's all.

I said the other night that we are really really bad. We are. I said I was excited about mata signing. I am.

For the record though I don't like seeing you get a card for this. This forum loses way too many posters. And would be a lot better if people stopped reporting things un necessarily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

lads think he is talking about you lot.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mike-keegan-proper-fans-see-6555848
    Because for him, this is not the end of his world. It is another chapter in the long tome that is supporting his club through thick and thin and while it might be painful, it is driving the glory hunters away.

I was at Old Trafford last night and there were thousands there like him. United in their support for the manager. Proper Reds who understand that Moyes is not destroying the club but is simply trying to make the best of the hospital pass that was punted his way.

In Pictures: United lose to Sunderland

My mate was not there. He cannot bring himself to go to home matches. He goes to away games (when he can get tickets). He hates everything about the matchday experience and what it has become.

/prolly posted already.

TLDR Manchester based man utd fans hate the daytrippers. Irish lad makes a stupid post.

BevOFBrCUAAbylI.jpg:large

dreamers75 wrote: »

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mike-keegan-proper-fans-see-6555848

/prolly posted already.

TLDR Manchester based man utd fans hate the daytrippers. Irish lad makes a stupid post.

BevOFBrCUAAbylI.jpg:large

Not sure I see the stupid post?

I'd be classified as a day tripper but know season ticket holders that aren't as much of a snob as that uber fan.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Dude. You need to remain calm. I was pointing out your sudden change in perception. That's all.

I said the other night that we are really really bad. We are. I said I was excited about mata signing. I am.

For the record though I don't like seeing you get a card for this. This forum loses way too many posters. And would be a lot better if people stopped reporting things un necessarily.

Calm? I didn't get worked up. I honestly believe you troll for arguements at times and didn't want to get involved. Why would I get carded?

A change in perception? This is what confuses me. You are trying to relate something I said last summer in relation to us not getting Thiago to me being excited to us signing Mata? The fact that I said Thiago said we didnt even talk to him, but you were hell bent on saying the club messed up. I said I believed what Thiago said. You have a fit.

It just makes no sense the correlation you are trying to make. So to me, seems like your trolling for a verbal back and forth with someone. To which I post the picture of a friendly Goat as my response as I don't want to start with you.

Is that a card offense?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

All of them??? Really???
    Or just the one guy the article is based on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

What kind of a midfielder is Kroos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What kind of a midfielder is Kroos?

He's basically a young Scholes. Can see him taking Schweinsteiger's mantle eventually. Don't believe for a second that Bayern will lose him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/toni-kroos/profil/spieler_31909.html?from=direktErgebnis

It depends on Kroos and his agent if he leaves, and the right money offered.

He played 17 games in the Bundesliga for Bayern, but was taken off 9 times, just under 71 minutes per match on average, scored 1 goal and 3 assists.

He would play a lot more at united given competition is weak. But I think he doesn't move, much as i would love to have him at United.
    Hopefully Moyes does a Juan Mata on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kroos is probably using interest from clubs to get himself a better contract, he's the perfect age to step in as Schweinsteiger gets older. Couldn't hurt to try though.

Maybe with Mata and Dave we could have some pull on Javi Martinez, when everyone is fit he's a squad player and starting every week may appeal to him.

It would be interesting to see Moyes bid on one of them anyway.

Bit late to the Mata party because I'm in a different time zone and was working, but...

aqzMviX.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

He's 35. He didn't grow up on a diet of mediocrity. Sounds like a guy who really really wishes he was 20 years older just so he could cry and moan about how the rest of us really don't know what its like to struggle.

The post you quoted in response to the article wasn't one bit stupid either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah here, will people stop mentioning Kroos or Martinez. The idea of either of them is so preposterous, I'd actually cry if it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Good that it's finally finalized. I thought deal won't be announced till Monday or at the earliest Saturday evening so I went to bed, I woke up at 7 AM and checked the news that the deal was announced. Boom, what a fantastic way to wake up on a weekend.

Btw, different timezones, I think deal was announced at 3 AM my time so it was fantastic surprise in the morning.

Then I saw the links saying Moyes was with Kroos agent and we made 22 Million bid for Shaw.. WTF..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I see people saying Mata will get the No.7 jersey, but I don't think he will. I think it'll be 8. He just doesn't seem to fit the 7 bill for me.

Better fit than Valencia and Owen. At the end of the day its just a number but 7 suits any top top player going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Mata #7 Kroos #8 Shaw #9???? Ha ha no serious tho as has been said I thought Adnan would get 7 but maybe he'll get #11 when Giggsy goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Mata #7 Kroos #8 Shaw #9???? Ha ha no serious tho as has been said I thought Adnan would get 7 but maybe he'll get #11 when Giggsy goes.

I'd like to see us retire #11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Little Pea wrote: »

I wouldn't. I hate all that retiring a shirt bollox.

The Number 11 should stay, it will always be a benchmark at what is expected at UTD

Little Pea wrote: »

Yeah I really hate that idea. The more I think about it the more I want Adnan to get it. Its poetic to have Januzaj in Giggs's shirt. It's like the circle of life..... But with shirt numbers. :)

Following the claim from the Mirror that United have made a bid for Shaw, espnfc.com are confirming it through their sources.

It's good to hear two seperate places saying a bid has been made. Everyone else seems to be more cautious and saying a bid will be made.

Hopefully that's confirmed or denied sooner rather than later. It's nevous excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

GSPfan wrote: »
    Yeah I really hate that idea. The more I think about it the more I want Adnan to get it. Its poetic to have Januzaj in Giggs's shirt. It's like the circle of life..... But with shirt numbers. :)
    Mata said: “When I was growing up, I had many idols, like Dennis Bergkamp and Gianfranco Zola. But Ryan Giggs was an inspiration to me. I think he showed what he’s worth with that goal. He’s one of the best wingers ever. Perhaps I noticed Giggs because he plays in the same position as me. He was incredibly impressive, with his tackling, dribbling and general style."

So Giggs was inspiration to him, so would be awesome if he gets #11.

BexpT5qIYAAvS8D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If Kroos was really interested in joining Utd, would his people be so explicit about being seen with the manager of another club?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So Giggs was inspiration to him, so would be awesome if he gets #11.

BexpT5qIYAAvS8D.jpg
    He may even play with Giggs at some point during the remaining 16 matches - would be great to see him play with his idol -even if that was just 10 minutes or so.

11 isn't available now. If he gets 7 now it's 7 for life. If he gets a random squad number above 11 then maybe he will get it in the Summer if Giggs retires.

Either way we will have two superstars wearing 7 and 11 soon.

Lot of lefty's in our team now.

RVP, Januzaj, Mata.

I suppose it's only to balance out the ridiculously right sided Antonio Valencia. In that case we need more lefty's.

Calm? I didn't get worked up. I honestly believe you troll for arguements at times and didn't want to get involved. Why would I get carded?

A change in perception? This is what confuses me. You are trying to relate something I said last summer in relation to us not getting Thiago to me being excited to us signing Mata? The fact that I said Thiago said we didnt even talk to him, but you were hell bent on saying the club messed up. I said I believed what Thiago said. You have a fit.

It just makes no sense the correlation you are trying to make. So to me, seems like your trolling for a verbal back and forth with someone. To which I post the picture of a friendly Goat as my response as I don't want to start with you.

Is that a card offense?

Have a fit, not really. As I said I was just surprised that you now believe the press where over the summer you said you didn't. I didn't rant. I didn't post up pictures. I didn't accuse you of trolling. I just a bit amused that you changed your stance on media outlets is all. And if you have fair enough. You're entitled to change your mind!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement