Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

GSPfan wrote: »
    Lot of lefty's in our team now.

RVP, Januzaj, Mata.

I suppose it's only to balance out the ridiculously right sided Antonio Valencia. In that case we need more lefty's.

Evra? Evans?? (never sure with Evans)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

lordgoat wrote: »
    Evra? Evans?? (never sure with Evans)

No, Evans is right footed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im hoping there will be a press conference with Moyes introducing Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Mata is both footed, with a stronger left. This is easily confused, and many do it.. Example, Anderson is left footed, due to the fact that his right peg is sorely there for balance and aesthetics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

What foot is De Gea?

Edit. He's right footed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Headshot wrote: »

He's scheduled for a press conference on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Whether Moyes is the man for the job or not only time will tell. One thing I welcome is a shift in our transfer policy as Moyes appears to be moving away from taking 10-15m pound chances on unproven Portuguese players etc!

I know he hasn't much of a choice as he's not simply tacking a player into an already good team, but it does mark a shift and a welcome one.

Mata is a player I'm excited about watching and it's been some time since a united midfielder excited at the prospect of watching him.

The fact our transfer record went back to the 30m dropped on berbatov in '08? is a disgrace for a club like united. I'm not advocating recklessness but Chelsea, City, Barca, Madrid and Bayern regularly drop that kind of money.

One of those a year added to a decent team would be affordable and keep things fresh. It would also help avoid the situation we are now in happening again in another 4/5 years after, hopefully, sorting out the current mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He's scheduled for a press conference on Monday.

But is that pre match one thou?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Headshot wrote: »

English clubs should learn from La Liga clubs when it comes to introducing players.

article-2194029-14B662E9000005DC-168_634x415.jpg

ibra.jpg

Fabregas_5F00_main.jpg

neymar-barcelona-unveiled.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

GSPfan wrote: »
    What foot is De Gea?

Edit. He's right footed.

Why do people say edit when they haven't edited their post?

Edit: pet peeve.

Soldie wrote: »

If you edit your post within a minute/2 minutes (not sure which) it won't be recorded at the bottom of your post. This is called a ninja edit at times.

Some people out in Edit to show they changed or added to what the originally said to avoid getting called on the sneaky edit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I imagine chelsea will be rightly p**sed off if united get shaw after taking mata :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

irishfeen wrote: »
    He may even play with Giggs at some point during the remaining 16 matches - would be great to see him play with his idol -even if that was just 10 minutes or so.

Even better would be mata assisting for giggs first pl goal for this season and continue the record :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I see people saying Mata will get the No.7 jersey, but I don't think he will. I think it'll be 8. He just doesn't seem to fit the 7 bill for me.

This crap bugs me bigtime. Its a number. Who gives a f**k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This crap bugs me bigtime. Its a number. Who gives a f**k.

And a trophy is just a lump of metal.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Little Pea wrote: »
    I'd like to see us retire #11

Yeah retire Giggs, end of season, a new name on the 11 shirt then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

kippy wrote: »
    And a trophy is just a lump of metal.....

I wont waste my time with that response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I wont waste my time with that response.

Good because it would be a waste of time.
    Fans dismissing key figures in the clubs history amuse me. Why support a club if youve no interest in its history and the way it marks key points in its history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    English clubs should learn from La Liga clubs when it comes to introducing players.

I'd say the players hate having to do all that shite. I was scarlet for Bale at his Madrid unveiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I'd say the players hate having to do all that shite. I was scarlet for Bale at his Madrid unveiling.

Scarlet!

• Advertisement

Soldie wrote: »

If you edit your post within a minute/2 minutes (not sure which) it won't be recorded at the bottom of your post. This is called a ninja edit at times.

Some people out in Edit to show they changed or added to what the originally said to avoid getting called on the sneaky edit!

Also, sometimes someone will reply to your post in the time it takes you to edit it, and you don't want to make it look like they selected only part of your post or misconstrued your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I can't believe united fans think you won't finish top 4.

Spurs will bottle, it like the always do, eveton will fall off and they're already starting this decline and pool can't maintain this great form.

6 points behind while united can only play better and pool can only get worse, no brainer who'll finish fourth.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Spurs will bottle, it like the always do, eveton will fall off and they're already starting this decline and pool can't maintain this great form.

6 points behind while united can only play better and pool can only get worse, no brainer who'll finish fourth.

I like this guy.

For me, my lack of belief comes from us not playing decent football for any length of time this season. We have been so bad at times.We've bumbled to wins against teams and it could be argued are lucky to be where we are.

That said if we take 9 points from the next three games we will be higher up the table and maybe the team (and this supporter!) will have a bit more belief and hope. Until those 9 points are on board...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Love that optimism :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Is it me or are we missing some very regular posters?

Homer and Kryogen. Also Kew is away for the weekend I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

case885 wrote: »
    I imagine chelsea will be rightly p**sed off if united get shaw after taking mata :D

Shaw is a Chelsea supporter, unlikely he will ignore them

As a Liverpool fan In Moyes We Trust :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is it me or are we missing some very regular posters?
    Zerks, Kryogen and Homer all "on a break"
    I haven't so many cards being dished out on here in a long, long time.

• Advertisement

Did you put all your trust in him to finish below ye last season :pac:

Zerks, Kryogen and Homer all "on a break"
    I haven't so many cards being dished out on here in a long, long time.

There's a few others too i'd say.

I'd suggest thinking carefully before reporting posts or else people will end up talking to themselves in here.

But hey sometimes you don't even need your post to be reported and you get a card and a ban.

Wouldn't be the first time Moyes got his team above Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I have a good feeling about the rest of this window. I can see us signing a CM at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yeah retire Giggs, end of season, a new name on the 11 shirt then.

I think there will be big changes in the summer. Giggs to retire, Rio, evra and vidic to leave. Question marks over Kagawa and Chico also.

Did you put all your trust in him to finish below ye last season :pac:

Seldom is wonderful in the eyes of Moyes. if memory serves me correct his teams have only ever finished above us twice :rolleyes: I am sure that its his priority to finish above Liverpool even if that's finishing 6th and Liverpool finishing 7th. Very ambitious is our David :D

KH25 wrote: »
    I have a good feeling about the rest of this window. I can see us signing a CM at least.

Yeah, and then in the summer, I think Moyes will release his wrath on all the underperforming players with a clear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wouldn't be the first time Moyes got his team above Liverpool.

And in fairness you'd only need to finish about 5th/6th to achieve that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Bans are over rated :) Its just hard to talk to some people so cards are inevitable I suppose.

Most outlets running the Shaw bid. That would be immense. 22m is a solid investment in a young, English LB who looks cabable of being one of the finest in Europe in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd suggest thinking carefully before reporting posts or else people will end up talking to themselves in here.

But hey sometimes you don't even need your post to be reported and you get a card and a ban.

Posts dont have to be reported to breach the charter and receive an infracrion/card/ban, it helps though as the Mod team will see any potetinal trouble, otherwise its just what we stumble across and see for ourselves.

Seldom is wonderful in the eyes of Moyes. if memory serves me correct his teams have only ever finished above us twice :rolleyes: I am sure that its his priority to finish above Liverpool even if that's finishing 6th and Liverpool finishing 7th. Very ambitious is our David :D

Yes he is very ambitious, next round of the CL next month for starters, and rebuilding the team too.
    Our two main strikers to return, Mata, a new midfielder likely and maybe Shaw if he can be persuaded.
    The team will be unrecognisable in a good way, all going well.

I'm sure there's more, just they're probably the 3 busiest posters in this thread.

Not in the habit of reporting posts myself. I'd probably average one or two a year if even that. Pretty sure there's lads waiting in the long grass for people to slip up just so they can report them.

Also for anyone with mutv and nothing to do at 12:30 - the u18's play newcastle.

And Jack Barmby signed on loan for Harltepool for a month. Not sure if this was posted during the week. Be interesting to see if he plays much.

master-t wrote: »
    Bans are over rated :) Its just hard to talk to some people so cards are inevitable I suppose.

Most outlets running the Shaw bid. That would be immense. 22m is a solid investment in a young, English LB who looks cabable of being one of the finest in Europe in time.

Shaw at his age as you say would be a great investment, but weren't the rumours before that Southampton wanted more than 22.5 million?

Yeah, and then in the summer, I think Moyes will release his wrath on all the underperforming players with a clear out.

Agree. I said from the start that Moyes needed to be left in the job for at least 2 seasons. This summer will be huge for him. It's when he will really need to stamp his name on the team. I can see Giggs and Rio retiring, Evra leaving and at least 1 of Young and Valencia. Anderson will hopefully be gone or come back an absolute beast of a midfielder :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Shaw at his age as you say would be a great investment, but weren't the rumours before that Southampton wanted more than 22.5 million?

I'd say they could / would hold out for more than 22m alright.

I think it will take at least £25m.

See i disagree with this. I haven't reported a post since our little spat in the summer as, because as much as i disagree with your posts and imo inconsistencies, i wouldn't like to see you banned for any length of time.

What makes SF so good is the diverse range of posters. You can't get that anywhere and despire SF being at its lowest point imo it's still better than the alternatives. (Feel free to PM me if i'm missing out on somewhere great)
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Posts dont have to be reported to breach the charter and receive an infracrion/card/ban, it helps though as the Mod team will see any potetinal trouble, otherwise its just what we stumble across and see for ourselves.

I know this and I agree completely agree with it Gav. I do find it odd that some mods seem to spot the same people breaking the charter over and over even though no post were reported... It's as if they were looking out for them. ;)
    I'm sure there's more, just they're probably the 3 busiest posters in this thread.

Not in the habit of reporting posts myself. I'd probably average one or two a year if even that. Pretty sure there's lads waiting in the long grass for people to slip up just so they can report them.

+1. Some posters report more than post on forums. In other forums i've had serial reporters and it is pretty damn annoying.

Anyways Mata eh? Shaw eh? Cabaye eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tbh I'd be wary of paying more than £20 million for him, nevermind above £22.5. Yes he clearly has bags of potential but he hasn't reached it yet and well full backs don't routinely move for that kind of money the same way you have to stump it up for forwards/midfielders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Mods of other forums can also check to see who reported posts that earned Homerjay his cards, please PM me who did. The mods will never know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement