Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

irishfeen wrote: »
    Be1MWxUIgAAlXQ5.jpg

Right now, before the transfer is signed, these steps look too dangerous to me. Stop taking risks with him Moyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Am I mad to think that, even without getting in a top quality CM this window (which I do still think is pivotal to the teams long term success), a 4-2-3-1 (with Carrick and Fellaini as the two sitting midfielders behind mata-rooney-januzaj and RVP up top) should see the team being in a position to do more than hoof balls forward from centre back or sling diagonal crosses in from forty yards out??

If the style of football doesn't improve following the addition of Mata I will be near ready to write off Moyes from a footballing point of view. I'm not wholly confident it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What time will Mata's first interview with MUTV be on lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Am I mad to think that, even without getting in a top quality CM this window (which I do still think is pivotal to the teams long term success), a 4-2-3-1 (with Carrick and Fellaini as the two sitting midfielders behind mata-rooney-januzaj and RVP up top) should see the team being in a position to do more than hoof balls forward from centre back or sling diagonal crosses in from forty yards out??

If the style of football doesn't improve following the addition of Mata I will be near ready to write off Moyes from a footballing point of view. I'm not wholly confident it will.

You still need very good fullbacks to pull it off and Evra just ain't up to it at the moment. It could turn out very badly.

Has the bid for Shaw been confirmed by any decent sources or was it just paper talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You still need very good fullbacks to pull it off and Evra just ain't up to it at the moment. It could turn out very badly.

Has the bid for Shaw been confirmed by any decent sources or was it just paper talk?

Miguel Delaney said we did(or at least there was truth to it), I don't know if you'd consider him a decent source but I know a few do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think ESPN confirmed it but I couldn't tell you how reliable they are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Shaw and Vidal......yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wonder if Southampton are considering it, we probably would have heard about a rejection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Shame that Mata has 81 minutes (1 appearance ) in the CL completed for Chelsea.

If we got a good LB that 4-2-3-1 formation would be savage.

• Advertisement

What time will Mata's first interview with MUTV be on lads?
    Wondering that myself - I suppose we'll have to keep an eye out on @ManUtd which should let us know a bit before the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Aww, De Gea got a new friend

Be1biBQIMAAxB-r.jpg:large

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loving the way some people in other topics have suddenly started believing Mata is **** :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Ah Juan will get his nice suit all dirty. I suppose 140k a week will nut him a few new suits anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Welcome to the greatest football club on the Planet Juan Mata.

I think i will call him 'The orchestrator' :D

Boy are you lads setting yourselves up for a big disappointment. Expectations are way too high. There is no way one player will turn your season around, much less one who couldn't get a regular game at Chelsea.

Football friend :D

• Advertisement

mitosis wrote: »
    Boy are you lads setting yourselves up for a big disappointment. Expectations are way too high. There is no way one player will turn your season around, much less one who couldn't get a regular game at Chelsea.
    You are totally right mate, Mata can't turn our season around..... but Mata, Rooney, RVP and Fellaini playing together might have a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Loving the way some people in other topics have suddenly started believing Mata is **** :P

Paul Merson said its a panic buy ffs some ****e from jealous people.

Be1c-8ZCcAA2uUi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Fall_Guy wrote: »

How come you would have Fellani in ahead of Fletcher? Every game Fellani has played in so far he has looked lost in midfield with the play passing him out the majority of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Awwwh really???
    And here's every single last one of us thinking we were going to win the league now :(
    Thanks for letting us know anyway, suppose it will be less of a shock when it doesn't come about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Paul Merson said its a panic buy ffs some ****e from jealous people.

Paul Merson is just a walking caricature. He's paid to act like a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Mata signing jersey

Safe to say I'm not the only one....
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

How come you would have Fellani in ahead of Fletcher? Every game Fellani has played in so far he has looked lost in midfield with the play passing him out the majority of time.

And its crucial we get a player who can take the ball from defence and unlesh the front 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FA Cup
    city 2 down at home to Watford :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

You are wrong, he couldn't get a regular game under a certain manager. Have a look and see how he did in the past two seasons under a manager who played him.
    What are our expectations? For one player to turn our season around? I don't think so...maybe your a little confused! you are seeing manchester united fans very happy to see a quality midfielder brought into our squad, a winner not some mediocre joe.
    We have spent heavily for him almost half of what we got for Ronaldo so i think we are entitled to show some appreciation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Your forgetting that Rooney, Van persie have to straight back into the team two. Those 2 along with Januzai and things are starting to look up, things arent perfect Ill admit that but with a left back a centre half and an allround worldclass centre midfield player we will be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah, I'm torn up Mata couldn't get a regular game for Chelsea this season. It's not like Chelsea did anything like win the CL when he was playing regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Still can't believe it, Mata! Delighted!

If you said 6 months ago that he'd be signing for Utd in January, you'd have been a laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

shrewdness wrote: »
    Still can't believe it, Mata! Delighted!

If you said 6 months ago that he'd be signing for Utd in January, you'd have been a laughing stock.

if you said it 7 days ago you would have been a laughing stock:D

How happy would you guys be if this was our team at the start of next season

Dea Gea

Rafael--New worldclass centre half--Jones/evans/smalling--Shaw

Fellaini/Carrick/Fletcher--New World class Midfielder

Mata
    Rooney
    Januzai/kagawa

RVP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Pro. F wrote: »
    Just stop.

Ha. Funnily enough you are one of the few people I was talking about. Bet you're a sweetheart in real life.

KH25 wrote: »
    Paul Merson is just a walking caricature. He's paid to act like a fool.

The way he talks about english players is as if his world 11 would be all english based, sur he said defoe was the best striker in the league only a few weeks ago, hes so bad its actually quite funny to listen to

I miss Ronaldo :( - incredible bicycle kick against Granada leading to a brilliant save from the keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Be1XUC-IAAAzcIV.jpg

manutd wrote: »
    Be1XUC-IAAAzcIV.jpg
    Seen that on twitter for a while now but don't know if its only someone taking the piss...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

magnumbud wrote: »
    if you said it 7 days ago you would have been a laughing stock:D

True! It's just crazy after 2 seasons of him being Chelsea's best player, and one of the best in the league, that we could sign him relatively easily just a few months later. I know it's a fair wedge of money to Chelsea for a player that wasn't playing, but he's a proper world-class talent with his prime ahead of him, fantastic deal.

The way he talks about english players is as if his world 11 would be all english based, sur he said defoe was the best striker in the league only a few weeks ago, hes so bad its actually quite funny to listen to

Merson is a right pain in the nads,if Utd didnt sign Mata he would have said it goes to show that Utd cant attract the worlds "top top players" without having SAF as manager.

When they do sign Mata he says its seen as a sign of desperation.

Gas man that Merson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

Seen that on twitter for a while now but don't know if its only someone taking the piss...

got it here https://twitter.com/_OfficialAgent_ I find it reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

I have a feeling this might come back to haunt Jose in a couple of seasons, can't wait to see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Isnt it fair refreshing that utd are finally flexing our financial muscles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Delighted we have signed Mata, a world class player with his prime in front of him. With the guts of a season under his belt, Moyes no doubt now has a good feel for the team he wants to build.

Headshot wrote: »
    Another bit of flexing would be magnificent :pac:

GSPfan wrote: »
    Ha. Funnily enough you are one of the few people I was talking about. Bet you're a sweetheart in real life.

Your chest thumping is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Kagawa is gone in the summer now me thinks..

bantee wrote: »
    At LB, yes.

well our sh1t RB needs replacing too

• Advertisement

Some reports on twitter of first interview @ 4.30 on MUTV ... Don't know how accurate that is, we'll have to wait and see.

I wouldn't speak too soon. There's been plenty of points where it's looked like United are turning up the spending over the last few years, but it rarely gets out of hand when you look at it over a longer time. Which I think is actually a good thing btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh thought HomerJay was back there for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/dan-jones-the-chickens-are-coming-home-to-roost-for-manchester-united-9082702.html
    On May 2 2013, 10 days after United had won the league and just under a week before Ferguson confirmed his retirement, United’s shares were trading at $19.04. Earlier this month they dipped to $14.84. Or, to put it another way, nearly a quarter of the club’s worth has been wiped out in the past eight-and-a-half months because of underinvestment in players.

That’s what has prodded the board into action — and for once, perhaps, United fans can be grimly thankful that the Glazers have such nakedly commercial priorities.

The Glazers need to invest to generate the money, so more signings of top players should mean better revenues, and better share price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

ugh thought HomerJay was back there for a second
    Welcome to the thread manutd :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement