Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Moyes reportedly at Bolton v Cardiff at the moment, met Mata at the training ground and was in Germany last night ... credit where its due - he putting in massive hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Is Shaw playing today? Surely someone with a microphone will ask a question to a Southampton official today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

irishfeen wrote: »
    Moyes reportedly at Bolton v Cardiff at the moment, met Mata at the training ground and was in Germany last night ... credit where its due - he putting in massive hours.

His poor wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Sky channel 502 Bloomberg all about Utd downfall - 4.30pm now

GSPfan wrote: »
    Is Shaw playing today? Surely someone with a microphone will ask a question to a Southampton official today.
    Yeah he playing - Southampton 2 to the good against Yeovil with 75min gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just curious as to how Moyes will fit RVP, Rooney and Mata in the same team as they are all similar players. I hope it works but its always a risk. They all play that as RVP calls it 9.5 position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any word on the Shaw bid? Good that it wasn't rejected yet I suppose.

billyhead wrote: »
    Just curious as to how Moyes will fit RVP, Rooney and Mata in the same team as they are all similar players. I hope it works but its always a risk. They all play that as RVP calls it 9.5 position

Most likely will rarely ever have that dilemma through injury. Both RVP and Rooney are prone to strains and knocks.

dahat wrote: »
    Any word on the Shaw bid? Good that it wasn't rejected yet I suppose.
    I suppose for a club of Southampton's size 20+ million offers for players would have to be very much considered - if the bid is accurate then that type of money for an 18 y/o kid would turn a head or two in the clubs hierarchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I suppose for a club of Southampton's size 20+ million offers for players would have to be very much considered - if the bid is accurate then that type of money for an 18 y/o kid would turn a head or two in the clubs hierarchy.

Perhaps in the past, they received similar fees for Bale, Walcott, and Oxlade-Chamberlain, but now they are in an entirely different position where their players seem to want to stay and the club seem to have genuine aspirations of success.

As far as I was aware, all the noise coming out of the Shaw camp was that there was no rush to leave, he was happy to stay at Southampton for a while and see where they go. I'd absolutely love to sign him, but don't really see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

billyhead wrote: »

Because Mata will probably never play in the 10 role. He's definitely being signed to play as one of the wide options in a 4-2-3-1 imo.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Perhaps in the past, they received similar fees for Bale, Walcott, and Oxlade-Chamberlain, but now they are in an entirely different position where their players seem to want to stay and the club seem to have genuine aspirations of success.

As far as I was aware, all the noise coming out of the Shaw camp was that there was no rush to leave, he was happy to stay at Southampton for a while and see where they go. I'd absolutely love to sign him, but don't really see it happening.
    Yeah you may be right but with a club like Man Utd calling and the prospect of real first team football it might change the lads mind about staying put..... Whether it was United, Chelsea or another it would be some opportunity for the young lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Some reports on twitter of first interview @ 4.30 on MUTV ... Don't know how accurate that is, we'll have to wait and see.
    There was no interview at 4:30, but they keep saying it will be later.

For some reason I think the Shaw bid is doomed to failure just because of all the factors involved. Would be delighted for it to come off.

Imagine the triple sickner for Chelsea fans if they sell Mata, Rooney re-signs, and Shaw moves to United. They'll get over it fairly quickly no doubt.

sigmundv wrote: »
    There was no interview at 4:30, but they keep saying it will be later.
    Aye I don't know what's the story - maybe the club waiting for the boss to return from the Bolton/Cardiff game before doing any press stuff perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

We won't sign Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Right, take this with a pinch of salt, but the Official Agent fella on twitter has said that there has been 2 medicals booked by United and Shaw's bid has been increased to 23m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Did Mata have a medical already?

Did Mata have a medical already?

Yes and he has passed it by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Right, take this with a pinch of salt, but the Official Agent fella on twitter has said that there has been 2 medicals booked by United and Shaw's bid has been increased to 23m.

n7bk,hjgvhghgfhgfnfiytbfnd5esnytnfmliukmftavrrdfgmukhbv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Daily Fail are running with the 23m bid story too.

We are not signing Shaw and Kroos

FutureGuy is slacking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Didn't that officialAgent also say Joey Barton was off in the Summer, only for Barton to reply "No he's not, mate."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

An increase of 500,000?

Hardly seems worth it.

We are not signing Shaw and Kroos

FutureGuy is slacking

You forgot Vidal.

We are not signing Vidal

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

The day of a world class or high potential coming in under the radar doesn't happen anymore. Mata has been on the cards for a few days now. I wouldn't be surprised if we put a bid in for someone else but to actually sign somebody without anybody knowing in today's climate with all the social media doesn't seem right. Way too many leaks in mass media

Saying that, I'd be over the moon if we had somebody else hidden in that chopper

An increase of 500,000?

Hardly seems worth it.

Maybe its to cover bonuses to the player or something? If he isn't requesting a transfer then he would be due wages and what not off Southampton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kroos rumours gathering legs

Media need to **** off, sign Kroos, are you MAD?!?!

I'd spontaneously combust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

I'm pretty happy with mata. If it means waiting til the summer for Vidal then so be it. Worth waiting rather than signing more crap. Get Rooney nailed down, RVP fit and Fellaini back to his Everton form then it starts look a b brighter !

tumblr_mzytx0ZoAP1qc85nuo1_250.gif

Mi amor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i dont really watch bayern enough but is Kroos not first choice for them?

magnumbud wrote: »

Certain players around Europe I just really like and make sure to catch their games or highlights, Strootman was one, and Kroos is another.

A beautiful midfielder that I rank as one of the best in the business. Can play as part of a trio of attacking midfielders, or sit deeper and start of moves. Unlike say Carrick, Kroos alot faster, moves forward quicker, and continues on his runs.

I'm not sure how or why he is not starting every game for Bayern....mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Keno wrote: »
    tumblr_mzytx0ZoAP1qc85nuo1_250.gif

Mi amor...

Love the look Moyes gives the camera :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sky reporting Rooney talks going well, and a new 5 year deal looking likely.

magnumbud wrote: »

He's their most played player this season, but Schweinsteiger has been out. With Lewandowski coming in in the summer Gotze will be pushed back into Kroos' favoured position.

He could be just trying to get a better contract, if we offer him a starting place every week you never know, he might be persuaded.

An official video from the United website on Mata's transfer.

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/manutd/mufc_ut_mata_250114_ep2.mp4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

TheDoc wrote: »
    Certain players around Europe I just really like and make sure to catch their games or highlights, Strootman was one, and Kroos is another.

A beautiful midfielder that I rank as one of the best in the business. Can play as part of a trio of attacking midfielders, or sit deeper and start of moves. Unlike say Carrick, Kroos alot faster, moves forward quicker, and continues on his runs.

I'm not sure how or why he is not starting every game for Bayern....mad stuff.

He's a regular starter for Germany I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

He's their most played player this season, but Schweinsteiger has been out. With Lewandowski coming in in the summer Gotze will be pushed back into Kroos' favoured position.

He could be just trying to get a better contract, if we offer him a starting place every week you never know, he might be persuaded.

Time to send the super intermediaries in.

Kroos is a player we should throw large amounts of money at to get. Incredibly talented player, an absolute joy to watch.

oooo, so its trainspiring that Moyes was given a tour of the facilities by...Toni Kroos agent, who also sat with him for the game.

When you check out this agent, you also find out he is Marco Reus agent

oh my o my.

Kroos is pretty much a first teamer though, couldnt be sold could he?

• Advertisement

He's a regular starter for Germany I think.

He is now, he was somewhat in and out last year, but his form made him impossible to drop and a new system deploying him ahead of Khadera and Schweinsteiger was formed, ( and look ****ing devastating)

TheDoc wrote: »
    oooo, so its trainspiring that Moyes was given a tour of the facilities by...Toni Kroos agent, who also sat with him for the game.

When you check out this agent, you also find out he is Marco Reus agent

oh my o my.

Kroos is pretty much a first teamer though, couldnt be sold could he?

Just stop now, this won't happen, we cannot even contemplate him coming to OT.............or could we...

If we signed Kroos and Shaw there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be challenging for 3rd even after the disastrous start.

If Moyes couldn't get that team playing the writing would be on the wall.

But we aren't going to sign them

Not in a million years will we sign those two...

I cant put the phone down this last 2 days. Seriously addicted to this thread and twitter.

That Official Agent guy on twitter says the first Shaw bid was rejected and a second 23-24 million bid put in.

Twitter is killing my sanity.

I know, I firmly couldnt see us getting Kroos, its tactic for him to get a better deal or assurances, players that good dont leave potential CL winners...no way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Imagine world class Spanish and German midfielders in our team. My god, I'm giddy at the thought :D

GSPfan wrote: »

Twitter is killing my sanity.

It does that alright, i'd say there is very very few actual accounts with proper info giving it out.

I liken Twitter to The Sun newspaper, good old read but believe nothing really..Follow the Crystal Palace Cheerleaders page---@Crystals_CPFC---- to ease the tension these ITK accounts are causing you...

dahat wrote: »
    Just stop now, this won't happen, we cannot even contemplate him coming to OT.............or could we...

tumblr_mtq53hEsCL1rqp2rqo1_400.gif

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    AChance.jpeg

tumblr_myvoeoXY1X1shuwvvo3_r1_250.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement