Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Believe Kroos when I see it, but feels completely different to the Mata deal, in terms of how much attention it's getting and with what sources...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

If we can keep Rooney and possible get Shaw then this will be a good window for us. Personally don't see us getting Kroos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Why is Moyes at the Cardiff game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If Rooney stays I have a suspicion that RVP will leave, despite what some people think I think Rooneys best position is up top on his own, thats where jose wants to play him for chelsea

Hes decent as a number 10 but doesnt have the footballing brain that mata ,ozil and silva have

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's getting no attention because there's no reason for any attention. For all we know Moyes and his agent have known each other for years.

It's a non story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Degag wrote: »

We're playing them Tuesday sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Kroos or Gundogen? if ye had a choice and gundogen was injury free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

I'm seeing a couple of websites saying United are preparing a 25 million bid for Kroos, none of them reputable sources mind so take with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Look at our fixture list

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX2-kRXcPEx2M6fJ2HnddHksjOu_vVEmM0Xfn7qTS41dtuakeCew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sky reporting Rooney talks going well, and a new 5 year deal looking likely.

Mata and a new contract for Rooney is the stuff of dreams.

If we somehow got Kroos, I think I'd pass out.
    RVP

Januzaj Rooney Mata

Kroos Carrick

I don't even know if Kroos can play there but it looks so good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Playing them Tuesday night ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

If Rooney stays I have a suspicion that RVP will leave, despite what some people think I think Rooneys best position is up top on his own, thats where jose wants to play him for chelsea

Hes decent as a number 10 but doesnt have the footballing brain that mata ,ozil and silva have
    choice between a fully fit rooney or rvp and its rvp for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

J. Marston wrote: »

RVP

Januzaj Rooney Mata

Kroos Carrick

If Fellaini is on form and fit then I'd take out carrick and put him in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we signed Toni our midfield would be in kroos-control for the end of the season

I didnt even bring a coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

keano2012 wrote: »

Very bold call. Carrick was in the form of his life last season and Fellaini, injuries aside has contributed absolutely zero to the side so far. An on form Carrick is preferable to an on form Fellaini in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Look at our fixture list

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTX2-kRXcPEx2M6fJ2HnddHksjOu_vVEmM0Xfn7qTS41dtuakeCew

Forgot about it. Just associate this time of year with signings so if a manager is at a game, he's looking at a player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My apologies lads. Last night , being all giddy over Mata, I decided to play a bit of manager mode in FIFA and did enjoy it or what!!! Couldn't buy Mata but had Kompany, Suarez, Vidal and Draxler.

So apologies again. I know I've been slacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kroos or Gundogen? if ye had a choice and gundogen was injury free

Kroos every day of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

RVP

Januzaj Rooney Mata

Kroos Carrick

He can! Played there a good few times for Bayern and started the 2012 CL final there because Gustavo was suspended, and did pretty well.

Close to 0% chance of the transfer happening though.

Wr are not signing Shaw

• Advertisement

Wr are not signing Kroos

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My apologies lads. Last night , being all giddy over Mata, I decided to play a bit of manager mode in FIFA and did enjoy it or what!!! Couldn't buy Mata but had Kompany, Suarez, Vidal and Draxler.

So apologies again. I know I've been slacking.

Have Draxler in my Bundesliga Ultimate team, he is a little dirt, quality :D

We are not signing Rooney to a better deal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Got it in twice FG. Well played.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If we signed Toni our midfield would be in kroos-control for the end of the season

I didnt even bring a coat

Don't worry, it doesn't.........MATA!

We are not signing Rooney to a better deal.

I'm kinda struggling between Pizza or Chipper tonight, can you make a call for me please?

thelad95 wrote: »
    Very bold call. Carrick was in the form of his life last season and Fellaini, injuries aside has contributed absolutely zero to the side so far. An on form Carrick is preferable to an on form Fellaini in my opinion.

Tough call I know...but I think Kroos and carrick might cancel each other out rather than complement each other that's why I went Fellaini. Kroos and Fellaini are big strong lads and I think it put some fear into other teams. Nice option to have though

Mata to wear #7 according to SSN. No surprise if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finally a proper number 7 since Ronaldo left

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm kinda struggling between Pizza or Chipper tonight, can you make a call for me please?

chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

RVP

Januzaj Rooney Mata

Kroos Carrick

Throw Shaw in and we're set. More than likely won't happen, but IF by some miracle it did, (or another quality CM signed) that would be the strongest XI since Ronaldo left IMO.

Wr are not signing Shaw

I think there's more chance of signing shaw than Kroos or Vidal . This time last week mata was a no chance as well. It's a miserable sat night stop ruining or buzz over transfers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Remember Valencia had the number 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If we do buy one or two players and sign Rooney to a huge contract, there'll be some wage balancing to be done for FFP.

I could see Young, Nani, Rio and maybe even Vidic going before the end of the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I think there's more chance of signing shaw than Kroos or Vidal . This time last week mata was a no chance as well. It's a miserable sat night stop ruining or buzz over transfers!!!

He's using reverse psychology on it. Ssshhhh. Don't upset the role he's on.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    chipper

Was hoping hed say im NOT getting a pizza :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Remember Valencia had the number 7

No. Ronaldo left and no-one has had it since.

No-one.

GSPfan wrote: »
    He's using reverse psychology on it. Ssshhhh. Don't upset the role he's on.

Hah sorry...he's prob right though...we won't sign shaw or Vidal or Kroos!!

Anderson, Rio, Evra gone for sure in the Summer and possibly Giggs, 1 of Nani,Val,Young, and maybe Fabio and even Vidic gone too. Don't think we need to worry about FFP. It'll all balance out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No. Ronaldo left and no-one has had it since.

No-one.

I remember the jersey briefly floated onto the pitch to score a last minute winner against City. Disappeared as quickly as it appeared then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

If we do buy one or two players and sign Rooney to a huge contract, there'll be some wage balancing to be done for FFP.

I could see Young, Nani, Rio and maybe even Vidic going before the end of the summer.

No there won't. United are alright in that respect, bar the elephant in the room- the americans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I don't think wages will be a major problem as I expect Rio,Evra,Giggs and Ando to all leave in the summer and that will take a decent chunk off the bill.
    It would be an unbelievable transfer window if a CM or LB was signed ?

Who would ye prefer to be bought LB or CM?

Behave yourself.

We have van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa, Nani, Young, Valencia and Zaha. That's 11 senior players that fill 4 positions, a ridiculous imbalance. At least 3 will have to be sold either now or in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I find that hard to believe. Since the club is completely self sustaining - no money from the owners, no fake sponsors - I don't see how there would ever be trouble with FFP.

TheDoc wrote: »

Neither.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I don't think wages will be a major problem as I expect Rio,Evra,Giggs and Ando to all leave in the summer and that will take a decent chunk off the bill.
    It would be an unbelievable transfer window if a CM or LB was signed ?

Who would ye prefer to be bought LB or CM?

Centre midfield is the most worrying area, and has been since 2009.

Take Carrick out and there is nobody. Giggs is finished, Cleverley has regressed, Fellaini is a classless embarrassment, Anderson is on loan. That's it unless you want to rob peter to play paul and stick Jones in there.

Centre midfield is THE priorty, LB will also be strengthened however if needs must i'm sure we could tolerate Evra (Who's been a liability for 18 months) for another season MAX, just about.

The official agent guy on twitter is going to announce a massive swap deal for United. This must be what Aul ones feel like when watching Coronation street. My brain is confused as to whether its real or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No there won't. United are alright in that respect, bar the elephant in the room- the americans.

Usually operate very close to the 50% number for wages relative to turnover. Last I saw we were at 47%. With Mata, Rooney potentially getting an even bigger contract and surely more players coming in by the end of the summer, We definitely will have to cut some high earners that don't play a lot.

We'll be fine from the operating revenue perspective.

Here's a link from a few days ago. 46% in 2012. Not sure where we're at now.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1494532-manchester-united-financial-fair-play-will-rightly-protect-man-utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Why?

With the debt payments down to a managible level - the club will be making a massive amount of extra cash each year.

Rooney's new contract is big, but more than affordable for United.

United really don't have to worry about FFP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement