Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Behave yourself.

Hah I have a thing for Fellaini ever since he destroyed us last season at goodisan...something carrick has never done. I do like carrick don't get me wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm kinda struggling between Pizza or Chipper tonight, can you make a call for me please?
    Garlic Chip and Cheese and a breast of chicken ... Fcuking lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GSPfan wrote: »
    The official agent guy on twitter is going to announce a massive swap deal for United. This must be what Aul ones feel like when watching Coronation street. My brain is confused as to whether its real or not.
    Building up to an announcement of a swap deal???
    You can be sure it's not real.

Welcome to the thread manutd :pac:

Can you give me a little trouble? I'm having some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Why?

With the debt payments down to a managible level - the club will be making a massive amount of extra cash each year.

Rooney's new contract is big, but more than affordable for United.

United really don't have to worry about FFP.
    Unless I'm totally wrong, we need to stay under 50% wages relative to turnover to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

The official agent guy on twitter is going to announce a massive swap deal for United. This must be what Aul ones feel like when watching Coronation street. My brain is confused as to whether its real or not.

Kagawa out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Centre midfield is the most worrying area, and has been since 2009.

Take Carrick out and there is nobody. Giggs is finished, Cleverley has regressed, Fellaini is a classless embarrassment, Anderson is on loan. That's it unless you want to rob peter to play paul and stick Jones in there.

Centre midfield is THE priorty, LB will also be strengthened however if needs must i'm sure we could tolerate Evra (Who's been a liability for 18 months) for another season MAX, just about.

Agree with most of the above apart from the Fellaini stuff. Pretty confident he will be a success at Utd.

Plus calling him a classless embarrassment is a little ott, if not childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Usually operate very close to the 50% number for wages relative to turnover. Last I saw we were at 47%. With Mata, Rooney potentially getting an even bigger contract and surely more players coming in by the end of the summer, We definitely will have to cut some high earners that don't play a lot.

We'll be fine from the operating revenue perspective.

Are wages not allowed to go above 50% of turnover for FFP?

If that's the case I would have thought loads of clubs would be in trouble. Last I heard (which a good while ago at this stage) United had one of the lowest wages to turnover ratios in the EPL.

Edit: I see you've answered that question. I'm not sure if that is true. Doesn't sound right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Centre midfield is the most worrying area, and has been since 2009.

Take Carrick out and there is nobody. Giggs is finished, Cleverley has regressed, Fellaini is a classless embarrassment, Anderson is on loan. That's it unless you want to rob peter to play paul and stick Jones in there.

Centre midfield is THE priorty, LB will also be strengthened however if needs must i'm sure we could tolerate Evra (Who's been a liability for 18 months) for another season MAX, just about.

Bore off will ya. Fellaini has been one of the better players in the PL the last few years and although not my first choice I was glad United bought an actually CM and there is hope he will come good but to call him an embarrassment after less than prob 10 appearances for United makes me feel really embarrassed for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Kagawa for kroos :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This is his swap deal exclusive.

@_OfficialAgent_: World exclusive: #MUFC and #Inter are in talks with a swap deal involving #Kagawa and #Guarin. #EPL #Transfers #Moyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sacramento wrote: »
    Can you give me a little trouble? I'm having some help.

What seems to be the matter? yes I said matter, no puns here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

World exclusive: #MUFC and #Inter are in talks with a swap deal involving #Kagawa and #Guarin. #EPL #Transfers #Moyes

Aint gonna happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Unless I'm totally wrong, we need to stay under 50% wages relative to turnover to comply.

You are wrong.

No wage restrictions from Uefa.

From the PL perspective we can only increase total wages by 4m per year, plus whatever increases in commercial income.

With the rising of commercial income at United seemingly never ending, I don't think it is a worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

@_OfficialAgent_: World exclusive: #MUFC and #Inter are in talks with a swap deal involving #Kagawa and #Guarin. #EPL #Transfers #Moyes

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I remember the jersey briefly floated onto the pitch to score a last minute winner against City. Disappeared as quickly as it appeared then.

Ronnie in disguise ;)

Pro. F wrote: »
    Are wages not allowed to go above 50% of turnover for FFP?

If that's the case I would have thought loads of clubs would be in trouble. Last I heard (which a good while ago at this stage) United had one of the lowest wages to turnover ratios in the EPL.

Almost certain that it's a factor. That and you can't have an operating loss of over 50m through a certain timeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

can't believe the Fellaini hate.He has been poor so far but I expect him to prove to be a good buy once he is over the injuries and has settled down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Almost certain that it's a factor. That and you can't have an operating loss of over 50m through a certain timeframe.

its something like you cant go under 40M deficit in the first 4 years then 30million in the next 3.

I don't see any of the big clubs struggling with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Swap deals never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

on the wage thing with FFP http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/apr/18/premier-league-club-accounts-debt

this has a table at the end of it and there is only one club (norwich) with a lower wage to turnover percent so i'd say even with mata and a few added we would be safe enough

You are wrong.

No wage restrictions from Uefa.

From the PL perspective we can only increase total wages by 4m per year, plus whatever increases in commercial income.

With the rising of commercial income at United seemingly never ending, I don't think it is a worry.

You are right. Just did some reading and the 50% thing is a guideline from Uefa for a healthy club, not a restriction.

Clubs with over 52m in wages per year can only increase by 4m per year, like you said.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Swap deals never happen.

But twitter said they do. You sayin you know more than twitter! How dare you.

Lads whats this Guarin chap like? Don't watch the Italian league very much so I have no clue.

Can we not just give him to juve and we take Vidal...makes more sense to me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

over 3 years - we make an opperational profit, and will make a bigger one in years to come.

United, under current circumstances, don't need to worry about money.

Should we end up consistently out of the CL, then there will need to be a realignment of club spending, but assuming we at least make it back to the CL for the 2015/16 season and maintain that - I don't see a massive issue for United.

If United get the new kit deal people expect, we are going to be fine with current wages spend, and a significant increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

KH25 wrote: »
    Lads whats this Guarin chap like? Don't watch the Italian league very much so I have no clue.

He's class on FIFA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

yabadabado wrote: »
    can't believe the Fellaini hate.He has been poor so far but I expect him to prove to be a good buy once he is over the injuries and has settled down.

Based on what? And his most problematic injury was a wrist, I remember Cantona running riot with his lower arm in a plaster cast.

Anyone who has watched him (Fellaini) on a regular basis over the past few years will know that he is a distincly average lump, good for chest pelting and elbows. If he wasn't so distinctive looking he wouldn't get half the attention he has in the past.

He was at the very most, a nuisance to play against once in a while. So was Danny Murphy.

Since he's been at United he's shown himself to be a complete coward in possession. He does what Mcmanaman made a great living out of at City. Get the ball, pass it to the person next to you and make yourself unavailable to recieve it back.

He's slow, poor positionally, average passer. He hasn't got an ounce of class in him. It would be like United having bought Shaun Goater in the 00's. Embarrassing.

A panic buy at the death by Moyes who having seen all his targets go up in smoke had to bring someone in. More's the pity.

Works for me. Sign him up Moyes! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

He wouldn't suit the PL. He needs so much time on the ball. He has a good shot but after 20 loafers on goal you are bound to hit the target at some stage.

A player that needs time on the ball doesn't suit the style of the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

A panic buy at the death by Moyes who having seen all his targets go up in smoke had to bring someone in. More's the pity.
    Fellaini was indeed a panic buy. It is obvious that neither Moyes nor Fellaini himself have any idea of how he fits in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wr are not signing Shaw
    Wr are not signing Kroos
    We are not signing Rooney to a better deal.

ron-paul.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

KH25 wrote: »

He's awesome for two games, then missing for one, then world class for one and awful for two. If a coach could get some consistency out of him he'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone who has watched him (Fellaini) on a regular basis over the past few years will know that he is a distincly average lump, good for chest pelting and elbows. If he wasn't so distinctive looking he wouldn't get half the attention he has in the past.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

sigmundv wrote: »
    Fellaini was indeed a panic buy. It is obvious that neither Moyes nor Fellaini himself have any idea of how he fits in the team.

Hopefully his time off would have been used to settle him into the club and get him used to been at a club as big as Utd,at times when he did play he seemed very unsure on what position he should be playing in.

I do hope he is a success at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What time is tonights transfer deadline?

Seriously feels like it's deadline day with all the wild rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Andy Gray co commentating on bt sport. Love him or hate him hes back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Mickey Owen get the P45 or is he injured :D

• Advertisement

Ya strange hearing hm again. Would be nice if ur comment had a ridiculous wild transfer rumour though....jus throw in a name doesn't mata like

Mickey Owen get the P45 or is he injured :D

Pulled a hammy going up the steps to the gantry :)

keano2012 wrote: »
    Ya strange hearing hm again. Would be nice if ur comment had a ridiculous wild transfer rumour though....jus throw in a name doesn't mata like

Think Cabeye five O is on after everton stevenage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Based on what? And his most problematic injury was a wrist, I remember Cantona running riot with his lower arm in a plaster cast.

He was at the very most, a nuisance to play against once in a while. So was Danny Murphy.

Since he's been at United he's shown himself to be a complete coward in possession. He does what Mcmanaman made a great living out of at City. Get the ball, pass it to the person next to you and make yourself unavailable to recieve it back.

He's slow, poor positionally, average passer. He hasn't got an ounce of class in him. It would be like United having bought Shaun Goater in the 00's. Embarrassing.

That is completely OTT.Fellaini has been consistent in the EPL for a number of years and is playing regularly for Belgium.Give the lad a chance ffs.
    Why are you comparing him to McManaman and Goater?pure nonsense .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That Guarin link is quite funny, not a chance and I mean not a chance because hes crap

Think Cabeye five O is on after everton stevenage

It is ya..one of the best shows evra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

yabadabado wrote: »
    That is completely OTT.Fellaini has been consistent in the EPL for a number of years and is playing regularly for Belgium.Give the lad a chance ffs.
    Why are you comparing him to McManaman and Goater?pure nonsense .

I said his tactic in possession to shift responsibility is akin to McManaman when he was at City in his twilight years.

I said the level of 'class' he has as a player is akin to Shaun Goater. Shaun Goater was an alright player for a short time but there was just no class about his play. Never a united player.

And it's not OTT. Sadly, it's very accurate. Unless you base your entire knowledge of a player on snippets from MOTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd feel sick if Kagawa was swapped for Guarin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Another great addition to the soccer forum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I said the level of 'class' he has as a player is akin to Shaun Goater. Shaun Goater was an alright player for a short time but there was just no class about his play. Never a united player.

And it's not OTT. Sadly, it's very accurate. Unless you base your entire knowledge of a player on snippets from MOTD.

This is correct Shaun Goater never played for united.

And we get all our knowledge from the full MOTD highlights, not the snippets.

Also welcome to the SF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

J. Marston wrote: »
    Swap deals never happen.

Right on cue. :pac:
    Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Stoke agree deal to swap striker Kenwyne Jones for Cardiff forward Peter Odemwingie. #SSN

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement