Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ha ha ha. Gary Neville at his computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd feel sick if Kagawa was swapped for Guarin.

The likelihood is that Kagawa is on his way. It's a shame really. Technically brilliant, he's very well liked by the crowd etc but it's almost square pegs round holes. Some similarites to Veron in that he just doesn't seem like he's going to fit.

The issue is he shouldn't be stuck out on the left and his best position is off the front. He won't dislodge Rooney all things being equal and given the arrival of Mata and the emergence of Jnauzaj where's he going to go.

As I said, a shame. Hopefully he returns to Dortmund and in return for our niceities they give us Gundogan. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I said his tactic in possession to shift responsibility is akin to McManaman when he was at City in his twilight years.

I said the level of 'class' he has as a player is akin to Shaun Goater. Shaun Goater was an alright player for a short time but there was just no class about his play. Never a united player.

And it's not OTT. Sadly, it's very accurate. Unless you base your entire knowledge of a player on snippets from MOTD.

My bad you are right ,I only ever saw youtube clips of him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

keano2012 wrote: »
    It is ya..one of the best shows evra

Yep tom selleck just Kroos in around Cabayei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Building up to an announcement of a swap deal???
    You can be sure it's not real.

Can anyone actually name one high profile swap deal thats taken place in the last decade? This isn't football manager :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

thelad95 wrote: »
    Can anyone actually name one high profile swap deal thats taken place in the last decade? This isn't football manager :/

cole and gallas?

that may be longer than a decade ago:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Etoo and ibra.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

yabadabado wrote: »
    My bad you are right ,I only ever saw youtube clips of him :rolleyes:

It all makes sense. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

KH25 wrote: »
    Lads whats this Guarin chap like? Don't watch the Italian league very much so I have no clue.

He's no Vidal but he's far from crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He's no Vidal but he's far from crap.

Even he's own fans boo him numerous times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Headshot wrote: »

madrid fans boo ronaldo at times and di maria is getting a dose of it at the moment.

juve and chelsea are both after him so he cant be that bad

magnumbud wrote: »

juve and chelsea are both after him so he cant be that bad

They are welcome to him

Yeah he doesn't look that great from anything i seen on youtube. Normally players look amazing on youtube so thats not a good sign.

Shaw tweeted a thank you to everyone for well wishes on his 50th appearance for Southampton.

Thats a definite goodbye tweet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He'd improve us you know he would.

Question is for how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Lazio v juventus on in a bit, pogba, marchisio and Vidal starting

Trilla wrote: »

Gareth Barry would improve us...wouldn't be hard to improve our mf...we want top drawer quality...has t be Vidal or Kroos for e

Trilla wrote: »

I could improve the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I could improve the team

You'd be waaaay too negative :p
    Gareth Barry would improve us...wouldn't be hard to improve our mf...we want top drawer quality...has t be Vidal or Kroos for e

That's why I said depends on the cash. Barry is having a good season so I'd agree he would improve us. Guarin more than likely improve us more - although I will admit (as I'm sure there is loads of experts in here that watch him all\most of the time) only going on about 3 recent times I've seen him and others claiming he's decent.

I will say this - he is the type of player we need, and if there is better or top quality available and affordable that would come to us, well then lets hope that happens eh!

• Advertisement

Im not negative, if im called negative because I want a better quality player than Guarin at utd, call me negative

Iv had enough of the dross in cm at utd now, need to get a much much better quality CM's in

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Based on what? And his most problematic injury was a wrist, I remember Cantona running riot with his lower arm in a plaster cast.

Anyone who has watched him (Fellaini) on a regular basis over the past few years will know that he is a distincly average lump, good for chest pelting and elbows. If he wasn't so distinctive looking he wouldn't get half the attention he has in the past.

He was at the very most, a nuisance to play against once in a while. So was Danny Murphy.

Since he's been at United he's shown himself to be a complete coward in possession. He does what Mcmanaman made a great living out of at City. Get the ball, pass it to the person next to you and make yourself unavailable to recieve it back.

He's slow, poor positionally, average passer. He hasn't got an ounce of class in him. It would be like United having bought Shaun Goater in the 00's. Embarrassing.

A panic buy at the death by Moyes who having seen all his targets go up in smoke had to bring someone in. More's the pity.
    Don't know where to begin with this.

First and foremost we signed him to be a defensive midfielder, his job being to protect the defence win back the ball and bully the midfield. At his best for everton I would say only yaya does that job better in the league in terms of dominating the middle, Fellaini is probably the best in the league for taking the ball back, something we are hugely lacking.

Secondly, anyone who has watched him over the years clearly can see his is much more than just about chest pelting (whatever that even means) and elbows. He is very composed on the ball with a decent bit of skill about him and an ability to pick a past, he is no xavi or iniesta but seeing as this part of his game is the 2nd priority and he isnt the playmaker he does this quite well. He also offers us much needed aerial presence defending and attacking set pieces.

Admittedly his early united performances have failed to impress, but at least give the man a chance to get fit, click with the team and actually reach double figures in terms of appearances.

I find it funny that you insult his 6 or 7 starts so far, calling them cowardly even which is a ridiculous statement, completely dismissing his whole career at everton, and then 5 mins later say its a pity kagawa could be moved on, when he is living off his time at dortmund (im a fan of kagawa, but being honest he hasnt done it yet in a united jersey, still deserves his chance too though, just find your comment ironic and full of hypocrisy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Been an age since I made a sig, but FutureGuy requested one and considering his dedication to the cause in seeing this Mata deal through, I really feel he earned one. Would love to flood the forum with sigs ala the great Phil Jones sig outbreak of 2011, but I just don't have the time. That said, here you go FutureGuy, you earned it.

FutureJuan_zps47779cfa.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/FutureJuan_zps47779cfa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

If a swap deal for Guarin ever did become apparent there'd need to be a similar backlash to the one that stopped his swap for Vucinic, except from our side this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Been an age since I made a sig, but FutureGuy requested one and considering his dedication to the cause in seeing this Mata deal through, I really feel he earned one. Would love to flood the forum with sigs ala the great Phil Jones sig outbreak of 2011, but I just don't have the time. That said, here you go FutureGuy, you earned it.

FutureJuan_zps47779cfa.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/FutureJuan_zps47779cfa.jpg

aaaaaawwwwwwww, I want a JuanRooZaj sig!:D;)

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    If a swap deal for Guarin ever did become apparent there'd need to be a similar backlash to the one that stopped his swap for Vucinic, except from our side this time.

he isn't a bad player, he can be a very good one.

My issue would be that I believe we are in for Vidal/Gundogan, and I think Guarin is a player that would block that kind of transfer.

That said, if we finish out side of the CL I cant see us getting Vidal/Gundogan, and Guarin could help us get to the CL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

@_OfficialAgent_ World exclusive: #MUFC have submitted #Kroos bid. #FCB hesitant. Player wants move. His agent also keen. #Moyes #ManUtd #EPL #Transfers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why is this twitter account being taken more seriously than others? :confused:

@_OfficialAgent_ World exclusive: #MUFC have submitted #Kroos bid. #FCB hesitant. Player wants move. His agent also keen. #Moyes #ManUtd #EPL #Transfers

How accurate is this agent guy?? I don't follow twitter so don't know. Seems to know his stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Eto - Ibrahimovic ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

I smell bull:P

• Advertisement

Why is this twitter account being taken more seriously than others? :confused:

Read the twitter handle. OfficialAgent.
    Legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Don't know where to begin with this.

First and foremost we signed him to be a defensive midfielder, his job being to protect the defence win back the ball and bully the midfield. At his best for everton I would say only yaya does that job better in the league in terms of dominating the middle, Fellaini is probably the best in the league for taking the ball back, something we are hugely lacking.

Secondly, anyone who has watched him over the years clearly can see his is much more than just about chest pelting (whatever that even means) and elbows. He is very composed on the ball with a decent bit of skill about him and an ability to pick a past, he is no xavi or iniesta but seeing as this part of his game is the 2nd priority and he isnt the playmaker he does this quite well. He also offers us much needed aerial presence defending and attacking set pieces.

Admittedly his early united performances have failed to impress, but at least give the man a chance to get fit, click with the team and actually reach double figures in terms of appearances.

I find it funny that you insult his 6 or 7 starts so far, calling them cowardly even which is a ridiculous statement, completely dismissing his whole career at everton, and then 5 mins later say its a pity kagawa could be moved on, when he is living off his time at dortmund (im a fan of kagawa, but being honest he hasnt done it yet in a united jersey, still deserves his chance too though, just find your comment ironic and full of hypocrisy)

Fellaini is a bit suspect defensively. He fouls too often and isn't the most reliable at tracking runs. Just because he is big and strong doesn't mean he can be relied on defensively. Yaya isn't that good defensively either, he gets very lazy at times. Neither of them are anywhere near the best in the league in terms of defending in central midfield.

I agree that Fellaini is good on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Kenwyne Jones and Odemwingie today.

It's the start of a trend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can people please stop posting shíte from anonymous ITK's on twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If Kagawa has to be sacrificed it makes sense for him to return to the club he made his name. Okay Klopp you can have him back, now give us .... Gundogen ? Subotic ? Hummels ?

he isn't a bad player, he can be a very good one.

My issue would be that I believe we are in for Vidal/Gundogan, and I think Guarin is a player that would block that kind of transfer.

That said, if we finish out side of the CL I cant see us getting Vidal/Gundogan, and Guarin could help us get to the CL

I'll be honest and say I just don't get what everyone sees in him. He can run around for 90 minutes trying to kick you and then he'll score one 20 yarder from every 30 he'll try.

Would much rather either of the two you mentioned and would be similarly concerned that he'd be thought high enough of so that we wouldn't go for them if we got him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I know not to trust Twitter....but what if Kroos does want the move?! Must. Not. Get. Excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

The whole in the know agents on Twitter is ridiculous. First of all what kind of respectable agent would spend his whole day tweeting about transfers & possible movement. Also these in the know agents seem to claim to know about every single transfer at every club, if these were agents surely they would only know about there own clients & clubs they are negotiating with. We live in an era were people crave attention and having thousands of twitter followers. These people just read the same rumours we do and guess transfers so i dont believe any of it.

Regarding Toni Kroos, it is true Moyes was at the Munich match last night with his agent, Kroos is yet to sign a new contract and his current one expires 2015 but i cant see him leaving in this transfer window

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Is there actually anyone worth following on twitter for this type of thing? - BBC/sky/guardian journalists perhaps?

KH25 wrote: »
    I know not to trust Twitter....but what if Kroos does want the move?! Must. Not. Get. Excited.

Ya strange alrite...starting for the best club in the world IMO at the moment...why join utd now?...why would bayern leave him go...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Swaps have been happening in Italy and Spain for years, rarely happens in England though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Imagine Moyes was oblivious to who was sitting beside him, didn't know he was Reus and Kroos' agent, and was just talking to the man about the weather and how nice Germany is :)

Swaps have been happening in Italy and Spain for years, rarely happens in England though.

Cole and Gillespie another big one!!

Not that I am being drawn in by the twitter talk to think we are actually in for Kroos, but just for discussion....

The guy is class, a brilliant footballer. Not sure he has the defensive abilities that I feel would be required of the midfield two at United (on the assumption they will be supporting an attacking quartet of Mata-Rooney-Januzaj-RVP)

Plus - the guy has been a key player for Bayern this season, why would they sell him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Saw this on the Red Cafe.:D
    http://imageshack.com/a/img208/1074/crb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Cole and Gillespie another big one!!

Gillespie plus 7 mill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Gillespie plus 7 mill :pac:

I remember at the time of that transfer thinking that £7m was such a huge amount of money for a player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

The whole in the know agents on Twitter is ridiculous. First of all what kind of respectable agent would spend his whole day tweeting about transfers & possible movement. Also these in the know agents seem to claim to know about every single transfer at every club, if these were agents surely they would only know about there own clients & clubs they are negotiating with. We live in an era were people crave attention and having thousands of twitter followers. These people just read the same rumours we do and guess transfers so i dont believe any of it.

Regarding Toni Kroos, it is true Moyes was at the Munich match last night with his agent, Kroos is yet to sign a new contract and his current one expires 2015 but i cant see him leaving in this transfer window

Other than in exceptional cases like Mata, who was frozen out of the team, a player won't leave a team in January who have CL games coming up in February.

Not that I am being drawn in by the twitter talk to think we are actually in for Kroos, but just for discussion....

The guy is class, a brilliant footballer. Not sure he has the defensive abilities that I feel would be required of the midfield two at United (on the assumption they will be supporting an attacking quartet of Mata-Rooney-Januzaj-RVP)

Plus - the guy has been a key player for Bayern this season, why would they sell him?

Yep would have much the same opinion of him tbh, not sure if he'd fill the role of a proper holding midfielder but that's not to say he's restricted to being a no. 10 only either.

I still love him though :D

• Advertisement

We are in the middle of a transfer window where we have signed Juan fookin Mata. Everyone is giddy and the twitter rumours are extremely amusing. Normally i hate them but i'm finding all these rumours hillarious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement