Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The Mata transfer will need moyes to alter his system/tactics otherwise its pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Mata MUTV Interview -

How does it feel to finally be a Manchester United player?
    It's a very happy day for me, meeting my team-mates, the manager, seeing the training ground. It's a massive club and I feel very proud to be here.

What went through your mind when you heard of United's interest?
    I thought, 'wow'! This is a team that has won a lot of leagues in the history of the Premier League and English league. It's amazing knowing that a club like Manchester United is interested in you. It's a good feeling.

So many great players have come to this club but you are the record signing. Do you relish the pressure that brings?
    I know it is a big price but I'm confident that everything is going to be okay. I will try my best as I always have done. The squad and the manager are very good and the fans are unbelievable – we have everything to be successful.

You had a wonderful time at Chelsea and were player of the season in the last two years – are you surprised to be here in a way because it's very rare for big clubs to sell players to their rivals?
    To be honest it is a bit surprising. But I have to say I'm really grateful to Chelsea, to the owner, everyone who works at the club and the fans - they voted me the best player in the last two seasons and I will always be grateful. They have been amazing with me. The last six months were difficult as I didn't play as much as I wanted to. I understand it’s a team sport so I respected that situation. But the chance to come to Manchester United was a great moment for me to carry on with my career and join another massive club.

David De Gea was waiting for you when you arrived – what has he told you about life here?
    He has been texting me in the last few days saying, 'when are coming, when are you landing?!' 'Are you coming by helicopter or by bicycle?!' I am here now and I am very happy to be here, particularly with David because he is a very good friend, an amazing goalkeeper and a top guy. He was important for me in terms of coming here.

How excited are you by the prospect of linking up with the likes of Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Adnan Januzaj to name a few?
    Obviously for a player like me who is trying to score goals, assist goals and be a creative player it's going to be amazing to play with those kinds of players. Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Adnan, Valencia, Chicharito, Welbeck... they are all top-level players and I will try to do the best for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I am here now and I am very happy to be here, particularly with David because he is a very good friend, an amazing goalkeeper and a top guy. He was important for me in terms of coming here.

Good stuff agent De Gea :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd be seriously salty if I was a Chelsea fan tonight.

What is Mourinho thinking....

Great player and by all accounts a great person too.

that willian, hazard and oscar suit his formation/tactics better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I love Big Dave.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I'd be seriously salty if I was a Chelsea fan tonight.

What is Mourinho thinking....

Great player and by all accounts a great person too.

Im saddened,

But its not fair to see such a talent wasting on a bench ,

Also who would you drop to play him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

that willian, hazard and oscar suit his formation/tactics better

Yup, just a CL and EL title won with Mata in the side.

I guess time will tell how good his 'tactics' are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

irishfeen wrote: »
    Mata MUTV Interview -

How excited are you by the prospect of linking up with the likes of Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Adnan Januzaj to name a few?
    Obviously for a player like me who is trying to score goals, assist goals and be a creative player it's going to be amazing to play with those kinds of players. Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Adnan, Valencia, Chicharito, Welbeck!... they are all top-level players and I will try to do the best for the team.

Jaysus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yup, just a CL and EL title won with Mata in the side.

I guess time will tell how good his 'tactics' are.

Ah here , I think his record speaks for its self in fairness ,

Chelsea got a huge price for the player , whom was surplus to requirements and in fairness the season has not been bad , 2 points off top and would be leading it with a striker ,

Its not all doom and gloom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Antibac wrote: »
    Hard to believe Mata is only 1 year older than Cleverly
    Exactly! I can't believe it either. Very surprised that Mata is only 25, but it's obviously good news, because we can get a good few years out of him.

Like most on here I never thought this transfer would happen. Also never thought the RvP transfer would happen. It's inconceivable to me that rival clubs transfer top class players among each other, but of course I'm delighted that we managed to get these two players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

@lordgoat Barmby scored on his Hartlepool debut after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

thelad95 wrote: »
    Can anyone actually name one high profile swap deal thats taken place in the last decade? This isn't football manager :/
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Swap deals never happen.

Eto'o & Ibrahimovic.

Luiz & Matic.

Baptista & Reyes.

Gallas & Cole.

Defoe & Zamora.

And that's not even including the swap deal that was announced today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

While its not good to see the team in decline it was the only thing that was going to open the owners eyes to the team. Its such an exciting time to be a supporter now. Great to see the club flexing their muscles, more to come in next few days i'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

DM-ICE wrote: »
    supposed to be a cracker as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Juan Mata García ‏@juanmata10 1 min
    I can confirm that I'm a new player of @ManUtd. Os confirmo que ya soy nuevo jugador del @ManUtd_Es pic.twitter.com/Jhu1iW8GIU

...Good man John, just to make sure :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

DM-ICE wrote: »

Ya I saw that. Came off the bench.

Delighted for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

sigmundv wrote: »
    Who reckons RvP magically reappears now? From what I have heard he's fit, but he has not felt 100% himself. The prospect of playing with Mata behind him must make him want to get back on the pitch.

If, by magically reappears, you mean that a player who started full training with the rest of the team on Tuesday, may be part of the match day squad 7 days later against Cardiff, then yes. He may very well magically reappear.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

irishfeen wrote: »
    Mata MUTV Interview -

Obviously for a player like me who is trying to score goals, assist goals and be a creative player it's going to be amazing to play with those kinds of players. Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Adnan, Valencia, Chicharito, Welbeck... they are all top-level players and I will try to do the best for the team.

article-2432922-18472EF100000578-249_634x346.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Goodbye Ashley Young... And take Cleverley with you on the way out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What number did he get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Shows the importance of having D dG at the club..........
    2 Spaniards there now might attract a few more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

tBJBKffl.jpg

One of the most reliable journos around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

tBJBKff.jpg

One of the most reliable journos around.

In fairness if you are gonna give a manager a six year contract, you've got to back him financially, and in the situation the squad were in when Moyes started and the "investment" over the previous years, money has to be spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've just spent the last 5 minutes manically laughing with the realisation that Juan Mata is now a Manchester United player.

Like he's actually signed and sealed and smiling and standing next to Moyes and nobody is denying anything and he's a Manchester United player and he's signed a contract that means he plays for United now and not Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What number did he get?

7 apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What number did he get?

7⃣

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Finally spending the Ronaldo money....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

7 apparently

Shame would have preferred 8 for mata and 7 for Janizaj, ronaldo 2.0.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We need to save our 8s for when Anderson gets back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Give him 888, i would say 3 numbers would never fit on a players shirt but its anderson after all :D

HuOThyA3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Pretty good day,Mata signs for Utd and went to see Anchorman 2 in cinema,Brick Tamland is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

I think Mata is a great signing for United but Mourinho/Chelsea also got a great deal. The special one picked a great time to sell Mata. Moyes was probably desperate for a classy new player to change his run of bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Right, now that thats done, who are we signing next? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Skybet have removed odds on Vidal, hope that is a good sign or maybe so many bets on it that if it did happen the liabilities would be high, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So in 7 days weve gone from bad to worse ,
    Sent Anderson away
    Bought Mata
    Bought/buying +1
    And we weren't going to do any business this month ,

Nice turn around so far

We've only stocked 8s in xl for the last few seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Gatling wrote: »
    Sent Anderson away
    Bought Mata
    Bought/buying +1

Nice turn around so far

Sure is just Vidal and shaw in now....bar a cb we won't need to do any shopping in the summer...gives enough time to gel...go for the title next season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The Telegraph report that we're in for Reus or Kroos. That doesn't make sense to me as both are quite different players, so I'm less inclined to believe the story has legs but Jason Burt is a good journalist.

Blatter wrote: »
    The Telegraph report that we're in for Reus or Kroos. That doesn't make sense to me as both are quite different players, so I'm less inclined to believe the story has legs but Jason Burt is a good journalist.

They share the same agent so assuming they came to the conclusion of 2+2=100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Gatling wrote: »
    Sent Anderson away
    Bought Mata
    Bought/buying +1

Nice turn around so far

Last season we had the league all but won by the end of february and the season turned into a bit of an anticlimax. For the last few weeks of the season there was nothing all that exciting (until the retirement saga). Even though the football has been chronic this season , its been way more exciting to follow us this year! Its been a voyage into the unknown compared to the usual story where we would win every week.

n32 wrote: »
    Last season we had the league all but won by the end of february and the season turned into a bit of an anticlimax. For the last few weeks of the season there was nothing all that exciting (until the retirement saga). Even though the football has been chronic this season , its been way more exciting to follow us this year! Its been a voyage into the unknown compared to the usual story where we would win every week.

Ya think I'd take the predictability of winning week in week out over losing to west brom at home but I kind of see ur point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Blatter wrote: »

He was the first to break the Mata story, very respectable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

keano2012 wrote: »
    Ya think I'd take the predictability of winning week in week out over losing to west brom at home but I kind of see ur point!

ya one season of unpredicability will do just fine:D

• Advertisement

He was the first to break the Mata story, very respectable source.

I don't know until I see it from @_theofficialagent_ then it's not true!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Let's not forget that we still have seen no evidence that moyes has a clue what he's doing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

It's all a bit confusing now, after all rival fans have spent the last few months saying united have no money to spend and players wouldn't want to sign anyways because moyes has a bad cv:rolleyes: Now for a lb and cm

Let's not forget that we still have seen no evidence that moyes has a clue what he's doing

He signed mata...that's good enough for...give the man a break ! He's done good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I love MANCHESTER UNITED...

heres hoping moyes builds his own empire....

believe in moyes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement