Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

This should be called the flavour of the month forum. After some bad results there's a wave of intolerance against moyes and all the stupid "thankers" are out in force to lay praise upon those who hang him out to dry. And then he signs Mata, and suddenly all is forgiven. Lambast the man that is still criticising our manager.

I feel sorry for the man because he's had to deal with some terrible players this season. The effort against multiple teams this year has been shameful. But that doesn't hide the fact that Moyes has looked like a deer in the headlights. He has been found out for what he is, a manager, still trying to find his feet in the game. If he had left Everton to a club of similar stature, but who had some money to spend, he could have furthered his career, under slightly less scrutiny. But no, he was thrown in at the deep end. Not his fault really, but that's irrelevant. He's not good enough a manager to take the reigns of one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Making the obvious transfer is one thing, now how's he going to fit him into the team? Making the tough decisions will make or break moyes. Has he got the balls to sell the likes of evra, Valencia, young, cleverly and Hernandez? I think not.

Go back to the start of this forum and you'll see it as a rollercoaster of inconsistency, except for a couple of people who are not wearing blinkers, and know that for he sake of the club, moyes needs to go...or...make some big decisions and prove that's he's not the tactical overachiever I believe him to be.
    Make some big decisions?
    You mean like......
    Keeping rooney at the club last summer.....
    Going after fabregas and baines........and recognising there were issues there.....
    Giving Adnan a start.....
    signing two of the best midfielders in the league in the past 3 years......
    Getting rid of ando.....

All this less than 7 months n the job.....more big decisions than fergie in his first 7 months id wager.....
    Of course it will take time for him to find his feet......a couple of seasons maybe less....wgats the problem with that? Empire building doesnt happen in months.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

kippy wrote: »
    Make some big decisions?
    You mean like......
    Keeping rooney at the club last summer.....
    Going after fabregas and baines........and recognising there were issues there.....
    Giving Adnan a start.....
    signing two of the best midfielders in the league in the past 3 years......
    Getting rid of ando.....

All this less than 7 months n the job.....more big decisions than fergie in his first 7 months id wager.....
    Of course it will take time for him to find his feet......a couple of seasons maybe less....wgats the problem with that? Empire building doesnt happen in months.....
    You do realise thats a whole load of nothing, right? I mean, look at your list, one player didn't leave, one youth team player got promoted to the first team, signed 2 players and let another fringe player go. FFS every manager in the football league could claim they did all that since the summer, everything there is pretty standard for a football club. As for the "recognised there were issues there", well **** me, he recognised there were issues, give the man a medal!

Against all that of course, we have a squad playing like a bunch of chumps, already out of the title race and barely in touch with 4th place.

Give the man all the credit in the world for signing a world class player, but you still have to scrape the barrel looking for anything else he has done right so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

At this stage you get the impression that it's less about trying to defend moyes and more about trying to prove me wrong.

That "case for the defence" is somewhat embarrassing. We're still no better off in knowing what type of team moyes wants to play. He continues to play players in positions where we can't see them at their best. He continues to play ashley young (full stop). The reason I'm not getting too much on his back about that is because he inherited this team. But how he's using the players, his tactics and in game decisions leave a lot to be desired.

Why have we conceded first so often this season and why is it that we have taken the lead we have never been able to kill off a game?

At this stage you get the impression that it's less about trying to defend moyes and more about trying to prove me wrong.

That "case for the defence" is somewhat embarrassing. We're still no better off in knowing what type of team moyes wants to play. He continues to play players in positions where we can't see them at their best. He continues to play ashley young (full stop). The reason I'm not getting too much on his back about that is because he inherited this team. But how he's using the players, his tactics and in game decisions leave a lot to be desired.

Why have we conceded first so often this season and why is it that we have taken the lead we have never been able to kill off a game?

You and many others are not happy giving him a couple of years. Thats the problem.....

You do realise thats a whole load of nothing, right? I mean, look at your list, one player didn't leave, one youth team player got promoted to the first team, signed 2 players and let another fringe player go. FFS every manager in the football league could claim they did all that since the summer, everything there is pretty standard for a football club. As for the "recognised there were issues there", well **** me, he recognised there were issues, give the man a medal!

Against all that of course, we have a squad playing like a bunch of chumps, already out of the title race and barely in touch with 4th place.

Give the man all the credit in the world for signing a world class player, but you still have to scrape the barrel looking for anything else he has done right so far.
    Scrape the barrel? Really.....
    You are just exceptionally pessimestic and arent willing to take into account the bigger picture. Simple as.
    You dont like moyes and you never will.
    Relatively instant success is what you are after. The club is going through one of the most important phases in its history and patience is required.
    Fergie never recognised those issues in the past few seasons let alone acted on them.....i doubt theres a fan here who disagrees with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Im not going to out and out defend Moyes here, but he needs time and that is largely accepted by United fans. Yes the team he inherited is capable of playing better and won the league at a canter last year. But last year City were very poor by their standards, Arsenal were a different team and Chelsea were hardly in it after Christmas.

Last year we were all crying out for a CM. Too many games were won by the skin of our teeth. You can say Ferguson had a positive effect on the team, which is most likely true. He had an ability to make average players play beyond themselves. But he left the team with at least 1 glaring weakness (CM).

In the summer, the club did terribly. However, I do not blame Moyes for that 100%. He would have had a part to play yes, but I can't help but imagine Woodward was thrown in out of his depth a bit too early. Fellaini may not have been ideal but he is better than many of our midfielders. If Moyes can get him back to his Everton form then I have faith that he will come good.

I despise seeing players out of position. Jones in CM is stupid, for instance. Young is not United standard. Valencia is a shadow of a once good winger and does not deserve to play as many games as he does. But what are the alternatives? We have a squad that is not built to play much more than 4-4-2 due to our weak midfield. On top of that we have far too many players underperforming and several injuries to players who would make a difference (Rooney and RVP are obvious, but nani is a far superior option to either Valencia or Young).

Also, the players are letting the team down to some extent. Senior players aren't stepping up and draggingthe team along. We are relying on an 18 year old. That's not 100% down to Moyes. Fletcher has been the only player recently who looks like he believes in the team. He is the only one who looks like he has a fire in him. De Gea has also been wonderful aside from his mistake against Sunderland, as has Rooney.

So again, this is not to defend Moyes to the hilt, but the man deserves a chance! Half a season is not enough. We all agree that the squad needs and has needed a rebuild for quite some time now. Moyes is doing this. He has tried to address the CM issue, he has identified LB as a weak area, he has been on multiple scouting trips, he signed Juan Mata.

At least give the man a chance to have a full strength team and attempt to play the football he envisions. If thats not good enough after next season, then he should go. But things like this take time. Look at Liverpool and Arsenal, even Chelsea for a few years there. Some fans expect too much too fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Dicky has a point lads.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting about how poor we have been up to the Sunderland game. We should all be delighted and Moyes should be commended for bringing in Mata but it doesn't change the fact he's been awful, what we really need is for performance to improve.

I was originally apprehensive about the Mata transfer as Moyes clearly doesn't like 4-5-1. If he doesn't change his system I don't see Mata improving us much in the short term.

beno619 wrote: »
    Dicky has a point lads.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting about how poor we have been up to the Sunderland game. We should all be delighted and Moyes should be commended for bringing in Mata but it doesn't change the fact he's been awful, what we really need is for performance to improve.

I was originally apprehensive about the Mata transfer as Moyes clearly doesn't like 4-5-1. If he doesn't change his system I don't see Mata improving us much in the short term.
    United have had a poor season so far by their standards, performances have to improve........groundbreaking point.
    Theres not one fan that doesnt think that.
    But everything has to be viewed within the bigger picture and there seem to bevplenty here not interested in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Dicky has a point lads.

Only Moyes that has been awful? - no mention of the players? ... was it Moyes fault that 4/5 players couldn't score a penalty or the De Gea mistake? ... give the man a chance to prove himself with his own team... this is not his team but a team when Rooney/RVP are missing are almost average.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Pigheads gonna have a few of your asses in here :)

• Advertisement

The People are linking us with Kurt Zouma. He's a CB for Saint Etienne.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

irishfeen wrote: »
    Only Moyes that has been awful? - no mention of the players? ... was it Moyes fault that 4/5 players couldn't score a penalty or the De Gea mistake? ... give the man a chance to prove himself with his own team... this is not his team but a team when Rooney/RVP are missing are almost average.

At some stage, people defending Moyes have to start looking further back than the last game. It seems to be a common defense that "Ah shure, the last game, we were just unlucky".

People criticizing Moyes are not doing so based on the last 90 minutes of football, and won't judge him solely on the next 90 minutes either (especially when it's a game against bottom-placed Cardiff).

Mata is a great, great buy, and I'm thrilled to see Moyes has improved the squad hugely. If he brings in a left-back and/or a central mid as well, it will have been a fantastic transfer window.

But that counts for little if we get stuck in a mid-table rut with him, and spending 100m and still struggling to get results will see him quickly ousted as soon as the season ends. He has time now; he's probably made sure he's going nowhere till the summer. But time isn't enough; he has to use that time to justify his position at the club.

United have had a poor season so far by their standards, performances have to improve........groundbreaking point.
    Theres not one fan that doesnt think that.
    But everything has to be viewed within the bigger picture and there seem to bevplenty here not interested in that.

Who says we're not interested in that? The only thing I'm not interested in is getting behind the man blindly because he's the man utd manager. I'm not calling for his head now cause I know it won't happen right now. I've said, multiple times, that I want him to do well...but why are people choosing to ignore his obvious vulnerabilities? Why are people refusing to admit that tactically he has looked a little lost so far this year. Yes, I know the players have been poor, but these are the same players that won the league last year. Regardless of the excuses that people make about how bad the league was etc. I like moyes as a man, I want him to prove me wrong - he just hasn't showed any signs of doing that yet.

Who says we're not interested in that? The only thing I'm not interested in is getting behind the man blindly because he's the man utd manager. I'm not calling for his head now cause I know it won't happen right now. I've said, multiple times, that I want him to do well...but why are people choosing to ignore his obvious vulnerabilities? Why are people refusing to admit that tactically he has looked a little lost so far this year. Yes, I know the players have been poor, but these are the same players that won the league last year. Regardless of the excuses that people make about how bad the league was etc. I like moyes as a man, I want him to prove me wrong - he just hasn't showed any signs of doing that yet.
    These are not the same players that won the league last year....form, injuries and a year older have ensured that but that seems to get ignored by some.
    Look as i have said there have obviously been issues....none of which arent fixable.
    He ll never prove anyone wrong if he doesnt get the time and resources to do it. Looks like hes getting the resources at least.

irishfeen wrote: »

Not sure why your defence in based on the last match. When a squad underperforms as a whole like we have this season there is only one man to blame.

Not that it's up to me but of course we should all give Moyes a chance but I won't act like the past 6 months didn't happen and forget about all the mistakes made by the manager.

At some stage, people defending Moyes have to start looking further back than the last game. It seems to be a common defense that "Ah shure, the last game, we were just unlucky".

People criticizing Moyes are not doing so based on the last 90 minutes of football, and won't judge him solely on the next 90 minutes either (especially when it's a game against bottom-placed Cardiff).

Mata is a great, great buy, and I'm thrilled to see Moyes has improved the squad hugely. If he brings in a left-back and/or a central mid as well, it will have been a fantastic transfer window.

But that counts for little if we get stuck in a mid-table rut with him, and spending 100m and still struggling to get results will see him quickly ousted as soon as the season ends. He has time now; he's probably made sure he's going nowhere till the summer. But time isn't enough; he has to use that time to justify his position at the club.
    Every one of us are not blind to the fact that we are in trouble and are playing exceptionally poorly of late but imo that is more down to the players then Moyes - Valencia, Young, Cleverly & Welbeck are average players who would struggle to get into the any of the current top 6 sides.

Last year RVP's class covered over the cracks but we all knew the team in parts average. Winning the league title last year was imo one of Ferguson's greatest achievements and any other manager in world football could not have won the PL with that squad.

These are not the same players that won the league last year....form, injuries and a year older have ensured that but that seems to get ignored by some.
    Look as i have said there have obviously been issues....none of which arent fixable.
    He ll never prove anyone wrong if he doesnt get the time and resources to do it. Looks like hes getting the resources at least.

Are you saying the players that have been available have been playing to there potential ?
    Is 7th the best this squad is capable of ?

The answer is No. Injuries aside the squad has massively underperformed and that is down to management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I was against his appointment and was very vocal about how poor he was but it took me time to see its the feckin players fault! Moyes will come good I know it, hes already starting his rebuild with Mata, wait and see how our formation changes and play changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really hate this crap that the players get most of the blame. Do they have have control over team selection and tactics?

As I said before Moyes has done great work to bring Mata in, of course it doesnt solve the underling issues but im hoping he can solve this before the window closes. It doesnt make sense to buy Mata when there's a big hole in the CM that needs to be fixed but you cant turn down a player of Mata quality down.

Are you saying the players that have been available have been playing to there potential ?
    Is 7th the best this squad is capable of ?

The answer is No. Injuries aside the squad has massively underperformed and that is down to management.
    I suppose if first team United players would struggle to get on the 6 teams above us and we're missing the likes of RVP and Rooney then that question has be looked at very carefully .... plus you can't say "Injuries aside" - we're missing our two best players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

The good Mata buzz is definitely over. Thought we'd get at least till Cardiff before that wore off people. Was nice while it lasted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dicky has a point lads.

He might have a point but when he makes that point like a little girl crying with a skinned knee expect him to be called on it.

no you haven't. You've said the opposite multiple times in an over the top aggressivly chest thumpy pissy way.
    Headshot wrote: »
    Really hate this crap that the players get most of the blame. Do they have have control over team selection and tactics?

As I said before Moyes has done great work to bring Mata in, of course it doesnt solve the underling issues but im hoping he can solve this before the window closes. It doesnt make sense to buy Mata when there's a big hole in the CM that needs to be fixed but you cant turn down a player of Mata quality down.

In fairness I don't know one fan happy with the season and how we've played. The point is Moyes is here til at least the summer. Do I want him replaced? If things are just as bad now in May and we don't finish 4th, i think it might his time. I think he will get next season as well regardless of anything. Signing Mata is a big statement though, let's hope he gets the best out of him and the rest of the team til May.

GSPfan wrote: »
    The good Mata buzz is definitely over. Thought we'd get at least till Cardiff before that wore off people. Was nice while it lasted.
    I thought so too :( .... but I can see us putting in a big performance Tuesday night - the Mata signing can only be good to lift the gloom from the dressing room plus the fact that every single player left are playing for their Man Utd future as the hierarchy/Moyes have sent out a message that players will/can be bought.... nobody now is irreplaceable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

2rn78cz.jpg

lordgoat wrote: »
    no you haven't. You've said the opposite multiple times in an over the top aggressivly chest thumpy pissy way.

Then show me. Show me exactly where I have said the opposite of "I hope he does well", which I presume is "I want him to fail". Seriously...show me, I'm dying to see you back up some random accusation you have made on the internet. but you won't though. Because you can't.

And genuinely, NOTHING annoys me more than being called a gloryhunter, or a bad fan, just for not agreeing with the managerial appointment. There are some children on this thread.

And genuinely, NOTHING annoys me more than being called a gloryhunter, or a bad fan, just for not agreeing with the managerial appointment. There are some children on this thread.

Nothing annoys me more than some one who expects instant success and doesn't just get behind the club

Im out.

Nothing annoys me more than some one who expects instant success and doesn't just get behind the club

Christ Almighty.

Tell me Saucy, if the Man Utd board hired Howard Wilkinson for the job, would you immediately get behind the man? Just because he's now Man Utd manager? I assume you probably wouldn't, and I wouldn't consider you any less of a fan because of it.

I don't rate Moyes as a manager and I never have. At least not as a manager of a team who has aspirations of winning the league/champions league. Should I automatically change that opinion just because he has been made the manager of the team that I support? Come on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Would you have gotten behind Rafa Benitez if he was given the United job last summer?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sam Wallace in the indy wrote that Moyes was deciding if he wants a big squad (like SAF) of good players, 28 players or so or a smaller squad but with better quality players in the first 15. Times are saying Moyes is after 5 more players of Mata quality so maybe he has decided on the latter.

If he goes with that, players like Mata who can play more than one position/role to a high standard will be required.

I can see why Reus and Kroos links appeared yesterday. High quality, high cost but can specialise in one role or move around to another role or fit another system easily.

Whatever about the glory hunter ****e - Moyes will be here for a long time yet (of that I have no doubt).... its imperative that we as a club stick together, we have had a ridiculous amount of success and good times over the past 20 years - we are now entering a transition/rebuilding phase which may mean a drop in success over the next few years. Moyes is at a club which will give him time, time is what he needs and signing Mata is a great sign of intent from the club as a whole.

Would you have gotten behind Rafa Benitez if he was given the United job last summer?

No point in complaining in something I have no control over

Then show me. Show me exactly where I have said the opposite of "I hope he does well", which I presume is "I want him to fail". Seriously...show me, I'm dying to see you back up some random accusation you have made on the internet. but you won't though. Because you can't.

First off the opposite of that is not saying you want him to fail. Here are a few examples of what you call support then.

Keano, look back over about 40 pages before mata was signed and you may have to tell about 30 or so other posters to jog on over to the Liverpool forum too.

I must ask the question, would you support any old sap who ferguson made the new manager? I mean what it is exactly that moyes has done to make you think he's the man for the job?

Or is if just blind faith. We should automatically support whoever is in the job, just because he's now a man Utd manager?

Cause that's what he is, a gent. But the fact remains, he's not qualified for the job nor has he shown anything yet to suggest that he's a man who knows what he's at...a man with a plan.
    My God. People are actually praising him for making the most obvious transfer in recent years. Forget the fact that he has shown no tactical awareness to date, forget the fact that he has shown that he is somewhat out of his depth...he's signed Mata!
    Let's not forget that we still have seen no evidence that moyes has a clue what he's doing

and this one.
    Before, I thought this was just a bad patch. Get rid of a couple of guys, bring in a couple of guys...

As much as I hated moyes getting the job, a part of me believed that this was just a bad patch. However, that all changed today. And not after the result of the match, but before a ball had even been kicked.

Everyone expected us to lose and instead of us defying expectation we did exactly that.

Moyes has no ideas but I'm not sure that's no ideas with this group of misfits.

I would hardly call the above getting behind the team or the manager. But keep ranting away. Again if you want to show examples of saying you hope he does well.

Bear in mind, that saying **** like ' i'd like him to do well and then criticising him immediately' is just weak imo, so take you fair weather views and have a sit down for a while.

hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Jesus lads just be happy to see less of Valencia!

• Advertisement

Jesus lads just be happy to see less of Valencia!

I'll believe that when I see it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ah, we're resorting to "ye aren't real fans" again? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ah, we're resorting to "ye aren't real fans" again? :rolleyes:

Ya its quite cringy, worse than that chosen one banner lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The way I see it is Moyes will get time to build his team, from his signings and targets it looks like he is trying to get players to play good football, whether he can implement it or not when the players are in remains to be seen but I think he can do it. It really is impossible IMO for him to do much else with the midfield and defence he has. If people want him to just blitz opponents like Liverpool seem to be doing they have to take into account they have Suarez and Sturridge fit whereas our two best attacking players who dragged us through last season have been out.

First off the opposite of that is not saying you want him to fail. Here are a few examples of what you call support then.

and this one.

I would hardly call the above getting behind the team or the manager. But keep ranting away. Again if you want to show examples of saying you hope he does well.

Bear in mind, that saying **** like ' i'd like him to do well and then criticising him immediately' is just weak imo, so take you fair weather views and have a sit down for a while.

hugs.

You're having a laugh right? None of the things you have posted are in the least bit the opposite to "wanting him to do well". Of course I want him to do well, I'm a man utd fan...if he does well, the team does well. But all the things you have highlighted are the reasons why I don't think he's the man for the job. How is that the same thing as me saying I don't want him to do well?

If you want to argue with me, that's fine. But please argue with things that I'm actually saying as opposed to crap that you're making up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's incredibly condescending and narrow minded form the likes of Kippy and Saucey to call people glory hunters, having no patience and not looking at the bigger picture and does nothing to further their side of the argument.

Also the line "cause you don't like Moyes". I mean wtf?

I have been vocal about wanting Moyes gone in the last few weeks. I honestly think that he is the wrong man for the job and that it will be next to impossible for him to change the situation around. I say that not as a glory hunter, or a person who doesn't have patience and I am most definitely looking at the bigger picture when coming to these opinions.

The performances have been so incredibly and consistently poor that I don't believe Moyes has the confidence of the changing room or the tactical awareness to make this team play well on a consistent basis.

I am most definitely looking at the bigger picture when I am calling for his head. I think the club is falling at a rate of knots and the longer it is left as is, the further it will fall. Even the signing of two or three players this window won't stop this slide, maybe slow it, but certainly not stop it.

I am genuinely concerned for the club. I fear we will get to a point that the club will have fallen that far that it could take years to get back to where it was and, taking everything into account, the squad that we had in the summer etc, I think that is criminal.

I don't take any pleasure in saying this and really really hope I am wrong and that things turn around. My opinion hasn't been a knee jerk reaction, or a little tantrum because we are not winning(I'm too old for that sh1t now) but a genuine considered opinion on what I have seen since Moyes has been in charge.

By all means disagree, and the majority do, which is fine, but please dont throw out the lazy little phrases above at me to explain away my view.

You're having a laugh right? None of the things you have posted are in the least bit the opposite to "wanting him to do well". Of course I want him to do well, I'm a man utd fan...if he does well, the team does well. But all the things you have highlighted are the reasons why I don't think he's the man for the job. How is that the same thing as me saying I don't want him to do well?

If you want to argue with me, that's fine. But please argue with things that I'm actually saying as opposed to crap that you're making up.

Oh so your constant put downs of the manager in pretty much every post is your way of saying you want him to do well.

Rrrrriiiigggggggghhhhhttttt.

Of course you want him to do well. Cos then he'll be winning trophies and you'll be happy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Is the cardiff game on tv

adox wrote: »
    It's incredibly condescending and narrow minded form the likes of Kippy and Saucey to call people glory hunters, having no patience and not looking at the bigger picture and does nothing to further their side of the argument.

I have been vocal about wanting Moyes gone in the last few weeks. I honestly think that he is the wrong man for the job and that it will be next to impossible for him to change the situation around. I say that not as a glory hunter, or a person who doesn't have patience and I am most definitely looking at the bigger picture when coming to these opinions.

The performances have been so incredibly and consistently poor that I don't believe Moyes has the confidence of the changing room or the tactical awareness to make this team play well on a consistent basis.

I am most definitely looking at the bigger picture when I am calling for his head. I think the club is falling at a rate of knots and the longer it is left as is, the further it will fall. Even the signing of two or three players this window won't stop this slide, maybe slow it, but certainly not stop it.

I am genuinely concerned for the club. I fear we will get to a point that the club will have fallen that far that it could take years to get back to where it was and, taking everything into account, the squad that we had in the summer etc, I think that is criminal.

I don't take any pleasure in saying this and really really hope I am wrong and that things turn around. My opinion hasn't been a knee jerk reaction, or a little tantrum because we are not winning(I'm too old for that sh1t now) but a genuine considered opinion on what I have seen since Moyes has been in charge.

By all means disagree, and the majority do, which is fine, but please dont throw out the lazy little phrases above at me to explain away my view.

See this is a well thought out and articulated view, i'd share part of it but I was always giving Moyes an entire season, up til now he's been beyond poor. Can he improve - I hope so. If he does and we start playing nice football from now til May I'd give him next season. If not and we struggle like we have been doing, I think it might be beyond him.

I don't think the gloryhunter tag was labelled at you adox for what it's worth.

adox wrote: »

You see that could be considered very narrow minded too - how do you know he cant change things around? ... this is not his team but a team with some very average players who are not of the quality to match City, Chelsea, Arsenal not to mention Barca, Madrid, Bayern.

Fcuk sake give Moyes the chance to make signings and create his own team at least until this time next year before calling for his head.

Nobody expected instant success but in fewer thought we could go soo low in such a short space of time.

How does highlighting shortcomings that others seem to have ignored because of the Mata transfer make a poster a gloryhunter. That's rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

How can you guys argue on a lovely Sunday morning? Juan Mata plays for United now. It's all good.
    Both your opinions are as valid and worthless as each others. Let's throw up some (no longer fantasy) line-ups of Mata in our team and relax.

Is the cardiff game on tv
    No not in Ireland/UK ... Will be available via other sources for which aren't really allowed though :pac:

Oh so your constant put downs of the manager in pretty much every post is your way of saying you want him to do well.

Rrrrriiiigggggggghhhhhttttt.

Of course you want him to do well. Cos then he'll be winning trophies and you'll be happy again.

I don't know how to say this without being disrespectful, but are you thick?

Let me break this down for you in language that you may understand, and I apologise in advance for seeming like a "knob" here.

I want the manager to do well, because he is the manager of the club I support and the club I have spent an awful lot of money going to see since I was a small boy. (not relevant I know, but I'll be damned if I'm called a gloryhunter).

Here is the important part - I don't think he will do well, because nothing I have seen from him as a manager has made me think that he will do well. Again, let me stress I WANT TO BE WRONG ABOUT THIS.

Are you understanding this yet?

He came to Man Utd a mediocre manager who never won any trophies. People are saying give him a chance..he will come good. All I've ever asked is for people to give me reasons why they think he will come good. Maybe something in the tactics that he's using, or something from his past that will shed some light on this...but no, nobody has been able to do that. All people seem to be able to do is blindly support him and berate anybody who does otherwise.

GSPfan wrote: »
    How can you guys argue on a lovely Sunday morning? Juan Mata plays for United now. It's all good.
    Both your opinions are as valid and worthless as each others. Let's throw up some (no longer fantasy) line-ups of Mata in our team and relax.
    Can't wait for Tuesday night now, atmosphere in OT is going to be amazing.... Mata is a class act, not just on the field but off of it too.... his letter to Chelsea fans last night was sheer class. Hopefully he'll never have to write us a letter :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement