Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

8-10 wrote: »
    Why is left back more of a concern to fans than centre back out of interest? I understand CM being a priority but to me CB would be next on the list. But I keep seeing posts about LB instead, is Evra playing that badly ?

Evra is playing terrible and is most likely gone in the summer,Buttner is the back up option.
    Evra leaving and Buttner will never be up to standard,Fabio doesn't seem to be rated.
    imo we probably need two LB'S a replacement for Evra and maybe a young player for the future or a versatile defender who might offer cover in a few positions.
    We have 3 good young CB's and Vidic,plenty of options for now.I expect Rio to go in the summer and if Vidic leaves I would then expect a CB to be bought.
    LB and CM are without doubt the most in need of improvident now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any Juan mata chants yet? Also has anyone a source that he'll be number 7 or is it just guesswork?

Just seen this chant so far...Juan Mata woah oh, Juan Mata woah oh, He made the Rent Boys cry, To play with Januzaj!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

lordgoat wrote: »
    Moreso that Evra is playing poor and he's gone at the end of the season.

Plus we have Rio Vidic Evans Smalling and Jones for CB, whether you rate them or not we have numbers in this position.

Yep this is sort of what I figured. When I've seen united this year though I thought Evra has been no worse than rio or vidic. I understand there's players behind these 2 but I'd have thought there would have been cries for a world class centre back to replace these two in order to rotate the others (who I rate but not on the same level as rio and vidic had been)

I fully expect a new CB and LB for next season but I was surprised that the January priority is LB. I figured you'd get to the end of the season with Evra/Fabio/Buttner covering LB without much worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

KH25 wrote: »
    Miguel Delaney just this morning said we have indeed bid for Shaw. On twitter he replied to someone saying he assumes Southampton are considering the bid.
    Is he a good source or the usually old guesswork from twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep this is sort of what I figured. When I've seen united this year though I thought Evra has been no worse than rio or vidic. I understand there's players behind these 2 but I'd have thought there would have been cries for a world class centre back to replace these two in order to rotate the others (who I rate but not on the same level as rio and vidic had been)

I fully expect a new CB and LB for next season but I was surprised that the January priority is LB. I figured you'd get to the end of the season with Evra/Fabio/Buttner covering LB without much worry.

I think Vidas poor form has been exaggerated. And that farcical red card has exaccerbated the issue. He has been solid if not great. The reason Evra is talked about more often is that he is probably the biggest liability in the team (Maybe joint with Tony V when played at RB) He doesn't even seem to want to track back, and given the amount of goals we have conceded from crosses this year we need a wingback that actually cares.

Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5 2 mins
    "@TSBible: Danny Welbeck has been scouting Mata for years! pic.twitter.com/rtwy6geENf" > hahahaha #mufc

Be6Gj3nCQAAI6El.jpg

At least Rio still has a sense of humour :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I think Vidas poor form has been exaggerated. And that farcical red card has exaccerbated the issue. He has been solid if not great. The reason Evra is talked about more often is that he is probably the biggest liability in the team (Maybe joint with Tony V when played at RB) He doesn't even seem to want to track back, and given the amount of goals we have conceded from crosses this year we need a wingback that actually cares.

Got it, makes a lot more sense now. I'd be slightly worried about Shaw being an instant replacement at such a young age but he looks a serious player so if he has his head right he could be a staple in that defence for quite a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,658 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Moyes saying more signing this window are unlikely

ffs ugh

Headshot wrote: »

ffs ugh
    He has to say that in case none come through - remember the summer..... I've a sneaky feeling we'll sign at least one more maybe even two if things go exceptionally well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

ffs ugh

Which means the opposite, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

ffs ugh

Where did u read this? I don't believe.....we don't need this kind of hearsay on tis forum...u will bring the thread down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

With the players we currently have at the club this is how I would like us to line out:

DDG

Smalling Jones Evans

Carrick Fellaini

Mata Kagawa Rooney Januzai

RVP

The 4 in behind RVP would be encouraged to interchange when we are in possession of the ball and at least two runners get up beyond RVP at times.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

ffs ugh

Under promise.Over achieve.

I heard it on sky sports news there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

ffs ugh

The club just broke its transfer record on a world class player, with the promise of another world class player extending his contract with the club. And you're still complaining. Wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Edit: Double Post.

I heard it on sky sports news there

U believe everything u hear on sky? @officialagent still banging out the rumours and I doubt he is wrong.....we are going to sign shaw, Vidal and Kroos.

ThirdMan wrote: »
    There club just broke their transfer record on a world class player, with the promise of another world class player extending his contract with the club. And you're still complaining. Wonderful.
    ThirdMan wrote: »
    The club just broke its transfer record on a world class player, with the promise of another world class player extending his contract with the club. And you're still complaining. Wonderful.

I read you the first time. It doesnt matter. Mata position wasnt needed. LB and CM are needed and crucial to us getting 4th
    keano2012 wrote: »
    officialagent still banging out the rumours and I doubt he is wrong.....we are going to sign shaw, Vidal and Kroos.
    lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »
    But RVP played at the start of the season and the performances were the same?
    Rooney is playing way way better this season than he did last season and played for a large part of the season so far?

Injuries always have an effect on a club but I don't buy them being a major factor to Utds predicament this season.

They weren't the same. Teams sat back more afraid of RVP and Rooney. United had more control in many games than they had lately. League form was hurt by dealing with europe early in season and Moyes cautiously approaching a tough start, but went 12 games unbeaten and only lost points late on in two of the draws. After RVP was injured two bad losses arrived, Rooney led the team on another decent run after that and he also got injured. Both unavailable has to be a factor in the recent struggles.

New manager was always going to take time for things to settle down and we were going to see inconsistent performances. The injuries to key players are a factor in United not building on the solid run post the west brom game.

Sure its fair to say Moyes could have dealt with things better, performances could be better all round. I don't buy into the idea the injuries at key times were not a major factor in points lost these last few weeks in particular. Injuries were a major impact on the team finding momentum, compare to last season, United had momentum early last season and a key reason they won a league, RVP was huge in that period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

ffs ugh

Here is a quote from the Moyes interview re transfers

"I don’t think we’ll have any more in January. I’m still working on it and looking to do things – we know exactly what we’d like to do and if it changes in the last week which sometimes it can do then we’ll try. I hope it will be the first of some new signings that will arrive, but more likely in the summer."

http://www.manutd.com/en/NewSignings2013/NewSignings2013News/2014/Jan/david-moyes-exclusive-interview-on-signing-juan-mata-for-manchester-united.aspx?pageNo=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

He said the same before Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Danye wrote: »
    With the players we currently have at the club this is how I would like us to line out:

DDG

Smalling Jones Evans

Carrick Fellaini

Mata Kagawa Rooney Januzai

RVP

The 4 in behind RVP would be encouraged to interchange when we are in possession of the ball and at least two runners get up beyond RVP at times.

your missing a defender

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

ffs ugh

Good honest interview with Moyes on the official website

http://www.manutd.com/en/NewSignings2013/NewSignings2013News/2014/Jan/David-Moyes-says-Juan-Mata-is-first-of-many-more-signings.aspx

I think he is fairly sure who he wants, probably not going to get them in Jan. He seems to have a plan for rebuilding the team. I have faith in him

Fergie plugged a hole when buying RVP. To this day I'll never know how we won the PL last year with that midfield. Fergie had the fear factor over the players. Moyes doesn't seem to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

markc91 wrote: »
    Just seen this chant so far...Juan Mata woah oh, Juan Mata woah oh, He made the Rent Boys cry, To play with Januzaj!

The sort of ****e you hate hearing fans sing, cringeworthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

U believe everything u hear on sky? @officialagent still banging out the rumours and I doubt he is wrong.....we are going to sign shaw, Vidal and Kroos.

:pac:

Anyone got a link to this official agent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Lads can someone please tell me what the best site is to get the fixtures and more importantly what channel the coverage is on . The epg on my tv isnt working and iv a pain in the arse searching for what channel the matches are on. Cheers

This is the best site for what tv provider is showing what

http://liveonsat.com/2_day.php

:pac:

Anyone got a link to this official agent

https://mobile.twitter.com/_OfficialAgent_

88right 0 wrong...his record speaks for itself!!!

What's he talking about united and Johnson and liverpool???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Jesus, I have had better drunken discussions on this forum at 2am about football than the rubbish that comes out of those Sunday supplement lads. How do I get a job like this

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Of course Moyes is going to play down hope of bringing in anymore players this month, he wasnt exactly promising anything prior to signing Mata. Its called management, play things down so if it does fail to materialise there wont be as much disappointment. Ive no doubt in my mind he is actively chasing players for this month but we were lucky to get Mata, hes a world class player who wasnt getting much game time & if United were 2 or 3 points off Chelsea there is no way they would have sold him to us . Other than that its difficult to sign quality in this window. Moyes know who he wants & if we have to wait until the summer to get the right than so be it

Devil08 wrote: »
    What's he talking about united and Johnson and liverpool???

Ok that one is bull....but he is linking us with Kroos so we leave him off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

How long have you been following this guy?

This is the best site for what tv provider is showing what

http://liveonsat.com/2_day.php
    Great site - United match on Canal+ Futbol (Astra 19.2) too if its available to anyone.

user2011 wrote: »
    How long have you been following this guy?

Since last night when he started linking us with Kroos and shaw and I liked all the excitement!!!

irishfeen wrote: »
    Great site - United match on Canal+ Futbol (Astra 19.2) too if its available to anyone.

Not FTA is it thou?

I miss the days of cccam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Fabio going to Cardiff permanently. Good luck to him. Hope it works out. Not far away from his brother either so should be a good move on paper.

On SSN Fabio gone to Cardiff.It seems to be a permanent deal.

EDIT:
    GSPfan beat me to it.

I would have preferred to see him go there on loan.Loads of potential but hasnt got a look in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Since last night when he started linking us with Kroos and shaw and I liked all the excitement!!!

Leave you to it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

He's actually gas. Everything is a world exclusive. Really enjoying his world exclusives.

Not FTA is it thou?

I miss the days of cccam
    Aye not FTA as such but foreign subs are allowed (once its not public broadcast) as to EU decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The official agent looks like Muhammed Ali.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Ok that one is bull....but he is linking us with Kroos so we leave him off!!!

Does this mean he's about to get 1 wrong?

He doesn't count the ones he got wrong, absolute donkey

Hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

He'll say he only posted about the bid, not that he said it would happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Surely Fabio going means a LB coming in? Moyes can't possibly be happy with just Evra and Buttner?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Devil08 wrote: »
    He doesn't count the ones he got wrong, absolute donkey

It's also funny how he never talks about players from the lower leagues.

Complete chancer imo.

• Advertisement

Surely Fabio going means a LB coming in? Moyes can't possibly be happy with just Evra and Buttner?

I wouldn't be too sure.Moyes used Fabio at RB the few minutes he gave him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement