Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Headshot wrote: »
    Kroos looking for a big pay day from Bayern

Yes, he wants them to double his Salary to something around 180k a week. I am sure they will come to an agreement shortly and he will sign on for another few years.

Somehow Bayern Players (especially German ones) rarely leave Bayern, unless they are not wanted anymore.

Look at Ribery and Robben, both have been permanently moving, but somehow managed to settle at Bayern. There is something (beside the money) that makes the players very loyal to the Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Odd that number 9 has been vacant since Berbatov's departure. Could RVP not have slotted in there nicely?

He was offered it, but opted to stay with #20, probably due to winning the clubs twentieth league title in his first year. I think I read somewhere as well that he didn't want to screw fans who'd already bought a jersey with his name on it.

Why can't teams just line out 1-11 anymore, eh?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Odd that number 9 has been vacant since Berbatov's departure. Could RVP not have slotted in there nicely?

Said he wanted to keep the number so fans didn't have to rebuy shirts and numbers

EDIT: Beaten to it.

On a side note it looks like dealings in the summer have been learned from, 37 million bid and approved as apposed to low balling it time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Be_ZyH1CMAMxm_2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I might be remembering incorrectly, but did they overlap? I though Berbs was gone when RVP arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

:eek: Surely he hasn't been made aware of some of our transfer plans!? PLAYER POWER GONE MAD I TELLS YA:mad:
    "Man United is a massive club. In England it is the club with the most fans around the world. It is a big challenge for me. But I think everything is going to be fine, with the players that are going to come in in the summer." - Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

"Man United is a massive club. In England it is the club with the most fans around the world. It is a big challenge for me. But I think everything is going to be fine, with the players that are going to come in in the summer." - Mata

So Mata has been informed of our transfer business? Clearly getting too big for his boots already :pac:

Jaysus this summer looks fantastically interesting :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

irishfeen wrote: »
    Be_ZyH1CMAMxm_2.jpg

That picture is so hard to actually believe. We signed Juan Mata.

EDIT: Look at the head on Moyes lol. I don't think he can believe it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Man Utd FF ‏@ManUtdFF 4m
    Mata on De Gea: "He was texting me things that I knew before. He said the fans are unbelievable and the guys are nice."

De Gea :D

We need more Spanish players..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mata: "I think 8 is a great number. I know 7 is iconic here. David Moyes & I decided 8 is good for me. Hopefully it'll bring me luck."

Juan Mata on #mufc: "What I like most about this club is the character. This club fights to the end and comes back from difficult moments."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pity he didnt get no 7. He is a marquee signing that deserves no 7

FutureGuy wrote: »

FutureGuy - We definitely did sign Mata!, well done you weren't far off the mark :)

• Advertisement

David Moyes on further signings after Mata: "There'll be more players like Juan in the future. There's no doubt about that."

Man Utd FF ‏@ManUtdFF1m
    Moyes: "There will be more players like Mata arriving in the future, I have no doubt about that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

FutureGuy wrote: »

We will not sign Mata Kroos.

Let the guessing commence: What kind of players could be coming in the summer that would excite a player of Mata's quality?

TheTownie wrote: »
    David Moyes on further signings after Mata: "There'll be more players like Juan in the future. There's no doubt about that."

Kagawa, Januzaj, Mata and Rooney. And Moyes wants to sign more players like Mata. Get a CM David, ffs! :P

• Advertisement

Moyes: "There will be more players like Mata arriving in the future, I have no doubt about that."
    I wonder do we have a gentleman's agreement in place for one or two players to come in over the summer - everyone inside the club are saying it as if it was a certainty.... they are lining themselves up for a massive fall (maybe even fatal) if this summer was to be repeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Is Allister Ferguson in any way reliable? He says on twitter that we are in for Shaw, Cabaye and Vidal, with United knowing that Vidal will be a tough one to get but trying anyways.

Mata relishes @WayneRooney link-up. “He's one of the best players in this country's history. I'll try to connect with him as much as I can."

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes42s
    Juan Mata at press conf: "The thing I like most about Manchester United is that they brought me here by helicopter"

Btw anyone feel that we have signed a player or 2 on pre agreemene deals? Mata said about players joining in summer. It might be just the targets and promises made by ManUtd but just that I have this feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The helicopter comment! :D :pac:

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes42s
    Juan Mata at press conf: "The thing I like most about Manchester United is that they brought me here by helicopter"

Tandem sky dive for the next signing would be my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Let the guessing commence: What kind of players could be coming in the summer that would excite a player of Mata's quality?

Was Iamthewalrus not joking? I doubt Mata really said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Btw anyone feel that we have signed a player or 2 on pre agreemene deals? Mata said about players joining in summer. It might be just the targets and promises made by ManUtd but just that I have this feeling.

Too early to bet on a Champion's League 2015 triumph?

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 19s
    @WayneRooney, Marouane Fellaini and Robin van Persie all trained today ahead of #mufc vs @CardiffCityFC, David Moyes has confirmed.

Fcuking sweet - this day gets better :)

• Advertisement

Roo, Fellaini and RVP all trained today. Excellent news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I like this guy, speaks very well too. He is gonna be whopper for us.

Finally someone to fill the no.8 jersey and do it proud since Rooney did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I know this is a standard enough phrase, and maybe it's just me - but did Ferguson use this line an awful lot?!

I know this is a standard enough phrase, and maybe it's just me - but did Ferguson use this line an awful lot?!

He said it when referring to Bebe's Ballon d'Or credentials.

Januzaj will be disappointed to be off free kick duty after just getting on it!

We now have 3 excellent free takers who will all be first choice and then Adnan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As soon as I gather some money, "Mata 8" jersey is being ordered :D

Be_dz1ECIAA_-MI.jpg
    Be_doaBCcAA7WcH.jpg

Be_dmKaCAAAeEv0.jpg:large

Still can't believe we signed Mata :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Mars Bar wrote: »

We now have 3 excellent free takers who will all be first choice and then Adnan.

we'll have some scary Line ups for free kicks now 3 left (?) and 1 Right :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mars Bar wrote: »

I want RVP, Rooney & Mata to take free kicks in tandem.

OGS says Fabio to Cardiff is all but done.

OptaJoe: 6 - A third of Juan Mata's 18 Premier League goals have been scored against Arsenal & Manchester United. Pedigree.

That's that problem sorted anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Rooney, Fellaini and RVP all trained today says moyesr.

Pro. F wrote: »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/27/juan-mata-manchester-united-unveiling-live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I want RVP, Rooney & Mata to take free kicks in tandem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

What's happening with our shirt suppliers deal?

Arsenal just got a huge deal with Puma, 150 million over 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Did Moyes say Rooney trained(full stop) or Rooney trained the team? Did Moyes run the starting XI by him too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

What's happening with our shirt suppliers deal?

Arsenal just got a huge deal with Puma, 150 million over 5 years.

It has all gone extremely quiet consider the 6 month exclusivity for negotiations with Nike is over 6/8 months ago.
    I fully expect it to be announced before the end of the season as next season is the last of the current deal AFAIK. I would expect now that nike have lost Arsenal there is no way they can afford to lose United so maybe it could be the first 1bil jersey deal....

Pro. F wrote: »

Ah, well in that case he got me! That's the problem with relying on you guys for info when I'm in work. :o

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 2 mins
    Will Mata play against @CardiffCityFC? David Moyes: "Juan trained today and I'll make a decision tomorrow." #mufc

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement