Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭bren2001

Ah, well in that case he got me! That's the problem with relying on you guys for info when I'm in work. :o

He said it. Full quote from the Guardian:
    Was United the only option? "Man United is a massive club. In England it is the club with the most fans around the world. It is a big challenge for me. But I think everything is going to be fine, with the players that are going to come in in the summer."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ah, well in that case he got me! That's the problem with relying on you guys for info when I'm in work. :o

Turns out he was telling the truth. Colour me shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Pro. F wrote: »
    Turns out he was telling the truth. Colour me shocked.

I can only hope that all those who were outraged about Rooney being made privy to the club's transfer plans are suitably disgusted that Mata was extended the same courtesy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I can only hope that all those who were outraged about Rooney being made privy to the club's transfer plans are suitably disgusted that Mata was extended the same courtesy.

Moaners :) some of the posts belong in the PI section on here :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There's a difference between being made privy and demanding to know what players were being pursued.
    I'd be a little outraged at the latter, no problem with the former if it's used to help negotiations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You dont know what mata is been told, he could be echoing what Moyes has been saying for some time now about transfers.

Will I Amnt post above is on the money for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

There's a difference between being made privy and demanding to know what players were being pursued.
    I'd be a little outraged at the latter, no problem with the former if it's used to help negotiations.
    V

Very true, naming names and promising them to players is a bit OTT... then again the world is changing and modern footballers are changing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

irishfeen wrote: »
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 19s
    @WayneRooney, Marouane Fellaini and Robin van Persie all trained today ahead of #mufc vs @CardiffCityFC, David Moyes has confirmed.

Fcuking sweet - this day gets better :)

Roll on tomorrow and we hate each other after a draw :pac:

Joking Mata anytime think ill throw 5 on that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Headshot wrote: »
    You dont know what mata is been told, he could be echoing what Moyes has been saying for some time now about transfers.

Will I Amnt post above is on the money for me

yup, 100% on the money, I know for sure If i was in his position I would want to sign the best years of my life over without questioning what the club will be doing to get themselves out of the situation that they are in now......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here is a scenario for you, and lets talk about real world, you're the firms top employee, the company has gone through a bit of a transition period, your contract is expiring soon and offers of work would be easily obtained when you move on, the firm whats to renew your contract, do you happily nod away or ask for clarification of what they are going to do to get out of the slump, you have a wife, kids and all that goes with it to think about........honestly give me a break he's done what ANYONE in his potion would have done.

Why would it be okay if it were used to help negotiations with Mata, but not so with Rooney? I don't see anything, apart from the full page hyperbole in the tabloids, to suggest it went any differently.

There's a good chance that both players simply said something along the lines of "I want to know what the club's plans are for the next couple of years before I will consider putting pen to paper".

Choosing to believe there is any difference between the two strikes me as deliberately looking for a stick to beat Rooney with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'll stand over anything I said because it applied to any player at the club.

Not that I was disgusted or outraged in the first place, I just have an opinion, not that this forum likes other peoples opinions all that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Not that I was disgusted or outraged in the first place, I just have an opinion, not that this forum likes other peoples opinions all that much.

But you've criticized Moyes whilst pertaining Ferguson always put the club 1st over his personal success, which is blatantly incorrect as it was Ferguson in the 1st place who succumbed to Rooney's pandering.

If you weren't disgusted or outraged then my post wasn't directed at you.

Also, your implication that the forum doesn't like other people's opinions is in itself a slight on people's opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Wouldn't exactly be falling over myself to believe anything in Ferguson's eulogy to himself either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What's happening with our shirt suppliers deal?

Arsenal just got a huge deal with Puma, 150 million over 5 years.

I think we're looking at doing the deal like Real Madrid. We can take a bigger slice of the profit that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

MANU shares received a downgrade to a hold from a buy recommendation today by Deutsche Bank, and even I as a shareholder likes the reason why - concerns over players costs escalation as United chase talent.

Still the downgrade gives a share target price of $16 which is well above the current price.

Shares down over 3% today at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

But you've criticized Moyes whilst pertaining Ferguson always put the club 1st over his personal success, which is blatantly incorrect as it was Ferguson in the 1st place who succumbed to Rooney's pandering.

Horseshlt. Try reading what I actually said instead of what you think I said.

RobertKK wrote: »
    MANU shares received a downgrade to a hold from a buy recommendation today by Deutsche Bank, and even I as a shareholder likes the reason why - concerns over players costs escalation as United chase talent.

Still the downgrade gives a share target price of $16 which is well above the current price.

Shares down over 3% today at the moment.

If you look at IPO's in general after an initial surge the next 5 years are typically characterised with poor performances. It's non-news really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Any injury news for tommorow night, Fellaini/Rooney/RVP fit?
    Rooney, RVP and Fellaini have all trained today ahead of tomorrow's game.

Moyes must read boards. Hi Dave!

Great to hear Mata speaking with such enthusiasm about joining us. Interesting to hear that there'll be more big moves made in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Red Crow wrote: »
    I think we're looking at doing the deal like Real Madrid. We can take a bigger slice of the profit that way.

I would reckon their deal, which is comparable to the deal we signed with Nike about 12 years ago, will be dwarfed by the new deal we sign with whomever (Nike or Warrior I guess).

If we don't double what Arsenal are getting, I will be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kroos is not a United target lads. Forget that one.

But its still fantastic that we have Mata. Seems all round class act too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I would reckon their deal, which is comparable to the deal we signed with Nike about 12 years ago, will be dwarfed by the new deal we sign with whomever (Nike or Warrior I guess).

Oh god...please no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Given our ability to secure the maximum payout from any commercial deals recently, I'd imagine our deal will be close to Barcelona's 35m euro a year deal with Nike.

:pac:
    Ed Woodward NOT One reason we gave Mata no8 is because we will save over 50% more material when manufacturing compared to when it belonged to Anderson #MUFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Are you Future Guy in disguise :D

• Advertisement

I'll have to relook at the Real Madrid deal again but I'm pretty sure that they get a huge percentage of shirt sales as opposed to a huge annual lump sum as Arsenal will be getting. So while Arsenal may recieve a higher annual lump sum from Puma than Real Madrid will receive from Adidas, Real Madrid will actually recieve more money overall as they retain a right to a certain percentage of shirt sales. I'm nearly 99% sure that Real Madrid manufacture their shirts in-house but Adidas maintain rights to design and use of their logo etc.

I don't see why we shouldn't be able to market, create and distribute our own shirts in Manchester and use Nike as a managing company like Real Madrid do with Adidas.

Again I may be wrong but essentially what Adidas do is pay a sponsorship fee to Real Madrid and have input on shirt design etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Expect anyone else to come in with 4 days left Kew?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Expect anyone else to come in with 4 days left Kew?

I be still confident we will make 1 more signing. Might be LB or CM.

Lot of players linked, but I think we can all see United are still searching for a player or two more.

Fancy us to get 1 more and that might be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

In terms of what Rooney or Mata know or are being told about future transfers, I'd imagine they are being told exactly what they want to hear with a view to getting them signed up, I would say what they have been told has absolutely no bearing on our future dealings.

Employers apease employees all the time, you know that boss that tells you how great you are and you will eventually get that pay rise....

Sure wasn't RVP told SAF was staying for 3 more years...next thing...bang, take that Robin I'm offski but you'll honour your contract sonny....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rio enjoy the "banter" with Adnan on instagram over the Nando's thing

http://instagram.com/p/jrVRWhNg0_/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tumblr_mz3aa3AgRV1shuwvvo2_250.gif

ericzeking wrote: »
    In terms of what Rooney or Mata know or are being told about future transfers, I'd imagine they are being told exactly what they want to hear with a view to getting them signed up, I would say what they have been told has absolutely no bearing on our future dealings.

Employers apease employees all the time, you know that boss that tells you how great you are and you will eventually get that pay rise....

Sure wasn't RVP told SAF was staying for 3 more years...next thing...bang, take that Robin I'm offski but you'll honour your contract sonny....

While there might be an element of that, you can only take it so far. The last thing you want is upset in the dressing room, players agitating for moves and the fallout bleeding on to the pitch. It would be very short sighted to outright lie to them in order to get a signature.

TheDoc wrote: »
    tumblr_mz3aa3AgRV1shuwvvo2_250.gif

Still in a Bayern shirt:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Mars Bar wrote: »

Adnan is obviously a smart little boy - treating her mean to find out if she would go to the papers with the story... what a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,390 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Given our ability to secure the maximum payout from any commercial deals recently, I'd imagine our deal will be close to Barcelona's 35m euro a year deal with Nike.

That wouldn't represent any sort of increase on the current deal (would be below it, as far as I know - based on what Nike pay us now rather than the original figure (the figure increased per year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Whats the context behind this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Julez wrote: »
    Whats the context behind this?

Last year, Adnan brought a girl on a date to Nando's, he wore a tracksuit, paid £18 for her meal, then to a 3 star hotel to watch X Factor and had her contribute £5 for parking for when his mum picked him up at 9 p.m.

She decided to wait 'til now to sell the story.

There is now a #JanuzajIsTheTypeOfGuy trend on Twitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Last year, Adnan brought a girl on a date to Nando's, he wore a tracksuit, paid £18 for her meal, then to a 3 star hotel to watch X Factor and had her contribute £5 for parking for when his mum picked him up at 9 p.m.

Ah OK, never heard about that, also, should have Googled, lazy on my part. Does she think that going to the papers is any better than bringing someone to Nandos on a date?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ah in fairness Adnan was probably only on 50k a year back then.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ha, is that true?

I love that the expose on him is "He took me to a hotel....and then watched X Factor, before his Mom picked him up!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Gold digger test failed. Excellent work Adnan. He would have being 17 too, she looks a bit older.

I so believe it too.

I also heard Pigs can fly too in same paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

X Factor....yeah sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ha, is that true?

I love that the expose on him is "He took me to a hotel....and then watched X Factor, before his Mom picked him up!"

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adnan-januzaj-gets-50-nandos-6598676?

Twitter reaction from other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

So he went to a place where a lot of young people would go for a date. That's a shock....I really don't get why things like that sell papers...(although the bit about his mother is kinda funny :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

‘I expected him to come to me in a flashy car, but I ended up driving him about in my old blue Fiesta and I was left to pay and display. Then he said he was taking me to Nando’s – my face fell.

‘I usually go there for a quick bite to eat with my mates. I didn’t expect to be going there on a date with a Man United footballer, especially in my dress and heels.’

Footballer in not being a flash git shocker.

RasTa wrote: »
    Gold digger test failed. Excellent work Adnan. He would have being 17 too, she looks a bit older.

Yeah she was (or is?) 25 according to the papers. Pathetic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I wonder who their keeping no 7 for ?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I just don't understand that Adnan story, it just doesn't make sense.

Why would he go to Nando's? It's way too overpriced. Should have brought her to Favourite Fried Chicken, you'd get a Combo Meal for about £5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Your woman is 25 and she's going out with 18 year olds. I'm 25 now if I did that I'd never hear the end of it off my mates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement