Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its Cardiff, bottom of the league, at Old Trafford. Even without Rooney, we should be steamrolling them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

case885 wrote: »
    Januzaj? Has to be.

toosoonjunior.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

toosoonjunior.jpg

According to ronaldo it was an extra source of motivation getting the 7 jersey, Januzaj will be ronaldo 2.0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Surely Mata can't be that far off the pace? He's been fit and training all season hasn't he. I'd rather he start and take him off. Maybe take him off for Rooney or RVP or whoever may be fittest and able.

I'm being greedy, I just want Mata playing.

case885 wrote: »
    Januzaj? Has to be.

Do you think he had the balls to ask for it when he signed his long term deal? Imagine how confident that would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

GSPfan wrote: »
    Do you think he had the balls to ask for it when he signed his long term deal? Imagine how confident that would be?

Tbh i think moyes was desperate to keep him at united and if that meant giving him the 7 im sure he would of but id say januzaj knew pressure would come with it look at valencia :D

He might have been asked what his preference was number wise and actually could have chosen 8. Does anyone know what numbers he wore before Chelsea?

Separate point on transfers: We have moved two players on that we didn't play anyway, now I know we need signings at left back and centre midfield, but I don't believe the outgoings have made us weaker than we were when the season began. If they are working towards some huge signings in the summer instead of "good enough for now" then I'll be happy with that. Signing Mata was a a huge coup, Chelsea didn't have to sell to us, Mata would have been an attractive prospect to loads of top clubs across Europe so for all their critics, Moyes and Woodward have really got to be commended here.
    I have full faith that we will make the required reinforcements during the summer. Anything more during this window will be a bonus but I certainly don't expect any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

To be honest with ya it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes went back for another Everton player. Namely Sheamus Coleman.
    I love Rafael but he is injury prone and a right back battle between him and Coleman would be amazing. United play so many games that I reckon both could be kept happy.

I like Coleman but I think Rafa is as good as Coleman and has the potential to be better .He has everything in his locker to be one of the best in the world.He has missed games through injury but I wouldn't say he is injury prone ,both times he has been out its with hamstring problems and these can be managed,Giggs had similar problems early in his career .
    For me Rafa is one of the players I hope Moyes builds the team around,no need to be spending 20m on Coleman when we have Rafa.We could do with a reserve RB tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

Surely Mata can't be that far off the pace? He's been fit and training all season hasn't he. I'd rather he start and take him off. Maybe take him off for Rooney or RVP or whoever may be fittest and able.

I'm being greedy, I just want Mata playing.
    Mata would not be match fit though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sacramento wrote: »
    He might have been asked what his preference was number wise and actually could have chosen 8. Does anyone know what numbers he wore before Chelsea?

10 at Valencia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Rumours that there are United officials in Germany tonight working on bids for Reus and Kroos - crazy if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

kstand wrote: »
    Rumours that there are United officials in Germany tonight working on bids for Reus and Kroos - crazy if true.

Where did this come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Source.........

brinty wrote: »
    Source.........

SkyBet! :pac:

SkyBet! :pac:

Agh I see

I heard Gill is in Manchester
    Barcelona, wrapping up Messi
    Madrid signing Ronaldo
    Munich getting Kroos
    Dortmund getting Reus and
    Turin sealing Pogba signing...

• Advertisement

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Where did this come from?

All over Twitter. Supposed to have been a 25m bid for Kroos, was following that.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I like Coleman but I think Rafa is as good as Coleman and has the potential to be better .He has everything in his locker to be one of the best in the world.He has missed games through injury but I wouldn't say he is injury prone ,both times he has been out its with hamstring problems and these can be managed,Giggs had similar problems early in his career .
    For me Rafa is one of the players I hope Moyes builds the team around,no need to be spending 20m on Coleman when we have Rafa.We could do with a reserve RB tho.

Rafael misses a hell of a lot of games nearly every season. He picks up loads of knocks. He is defo injury prone. Mostly because he goes full force into everything. I think he injures himself. I love the guy but he defo misses too many games.
    Another season of Smalling at right back will hurt my soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Might not be us. We wont be signing Kroos anytime soon.
    Jan Aage Fjortoft Spoke to an insider in Munich. Said Chelsea apparently have told Bayern to "name the price" for Tony Kroos. Told player "wages no problem"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Spoke to an insider in Munich. Said Chelsea apparently have told Bayern to "name the price" for Tony Kroos. Told player "wages no problem"
    Expand

Is this guy trustworthy?

EDIT: Kew beat me to it!

Apparently that Janagefjortoft is rubbish and will post random stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Yep because Chelsea need another cm!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

though i saw few guys thought he was decent here. I might have picked that up wrong so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

To be honest with ya it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes went back for another Everton player. Namely Sheamus Coleman.
    I love Rafael but he is injury prone and a right back battle between him and Coleman would be amazing. United play so many games that I reckon both could be kept happy.
    It would be one of the happiest days in my (football related) life if Seamie was to line out for United.

Rafael misses a hell of a lot of games nearly every season. He picks up loads of knocks. He is defo injury prone. Mostly because he goes full force into everything. I think he injures himself. I love the guy but he defo misses too many games.
    Another season of Smalling at right back will hurt my soul.

He played in 28 of the league games last year, only RVP,Evra,Carrick and Valencia had more than him.

Is it his official account ?

though i saw few guys thought he was decent here. I might have picked that up wrong so.

Kew tbh your more on the money yourself than most of these supposed brilliant twitterists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Imagine if we signed him. The forum would collectively ejaculate.

I know it most likely BS that we want both Reus and kroos but if by a miracle they both signed ,where would they play ?What formation would we have ?

He played in 28 of the league games last year, only RVP,Evra,Carrick and Valencia had more than him.

You obviously googled that so check every other season. You picked his best season. The others are nowhere near that. He is always nursing a knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

we aren't signing Toni Kroos

• Advertisement

we aren't singing Toni Kroos

Wayne is that you...what else has Moyes told you...

Who are we signing ;)

we aren't singing Toni Kroos

What about signing him? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If you think two of the best RBs in the league would be happy to job share then you're a mentalist.

They're both good enough to be starting for most teams and naturally wouldn't be happy if they're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Wayne is that you...what else has Moyes told you...

Who are we signing ;)

That'll cost you 15k for every word I write.

As of now you owe me €210,000

That'll cost you 15k for every word I write.

As of now you owe me €210,000

Ye can add another 45,000 to it so if ye think I'm paying that ;)
    Money grabbing scouser ye ;)

If you think two of the best RBs in the league would be happy to job share then you're a mentalist.

They're both good enough to be starting for most teams and naturally wouldn't be happy if they're not.

We'll see in time. It'll be this Summer or not at all. Everyone else in the team has direct competition so Rafael should be no different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We'll see in time. It'll be this Summer or not at all. Everyone else in the team has direct competition so Rafael should be no different.

I'm not disagreeing about that. But expecting 2 of the best RBs in the league to compete for the same position is unrealistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im a huge fan of RVP but Mata trumps him, watching Mata walk on to that Old Trafford pitch in a red shirt will send chills down me

What a signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

That rumour came from this twitter account https://twitter.com/FutbolBible looks like a load of crap to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    Im a huge fan of RVP but Mata trumps him, watching Mata walk on to that Old Trafford pitch in a red shirt will send chills down me

What a signing

I'm still not 100% sure its not all a big lie...

You obviously googled that so check every other season. You picked his best season. The others are nowhere near that. He is always nursing a knock.

yeah I picked last year and if he made that many appearances he can't as you state "always be nursing a knock".
    No point buying Coleman when there is a player of similar quality already at the club ,the squad needs urgent attention in other area's before they spend money on Coleman.
    Martinez was talking 25 million for Baines I would hate to think what he would want for Coleman.
    Buy a back up for Rafa so Smalling won't be used at RB,most likely think to happen

xtal191 wrote: »
    That rumour came from this twitter account https://twitter.com/FutbolBible looks like a load of crap to be honest.

Jan Aga Fjortoft posted something about Chelsea telling Bayernt o name their fee for Kroos and it drove his odds from 33s to 9/2 on SkyBet to go and join Chelsea. An interesting few days ahead me thinks, though not holding my breath.

Well Cabaye looks like he will be a PSG player. Sky Sources - deal agreed in principle.

yeah I picked last year and if he made that many appearances he can't as you state "always be nursing a knock".
    No point buying Coleman when there is a player of similar quality already at the club ,the squad needs urgent attention in other area's before they spend money on Coleman.
    Martinez was talking 25 million for Baines I would hate to think what he would want for Coleman.
    Buy a back up for Rafa so Smalling won't be used at RB,most likely think to happen

We have Varela and Janko in the reserves, they'll get a run pre season
    Smalling could be sold - or if Vidic and Rio are gone we'd only have 3 centre halfs so he'd not be playing at rb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Well Cabaye looks like he will be a PSG player. Sky Sources - deal agreed in principle.

TBH it might be a sign if we are not in for Cabaye that we may be looking at bigger fish. Would much prefer to spend an extra 15-20m on Kroos / Vidal

Also a lot of people were beating Woodward with whatever stick the could find after the summer window but by all accounts in the media the way he conducted business with Chelsea for Mata shows hes not as much out of his depth as they thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm not unhappy about Cabaye. Not a huge fan even though I know he's a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got a snapchat off one of the lads who is a newcastle fan who is not happy he is gone, was a price mentioned?

Hococop wrote: »
    Got a snapchat off one of the lads who is a newcastle fan who is not happy he is gone, was a price mentioned?

£23 million was asking price I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Hococop wrote: »

"Significantly higher than £14million"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

I'm not unhappy about Cabaye. Not a huge fan even though I know he's a good player.

I agree. Tbh it really only leave Kroos, vidal, herrara and gundogan who we could really sign to fill the cm gap who are all better.
    Honestly I don't think we will sign anyone else this window...reckon moyes prob thinks he has enough in giggs, jones, cleverly et al to get us through .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement