Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Haven't felt this sense of anticipation before a game in quite a while.
    Mata's debut, combined with possible returns for van Persie, Rooney and Fellaini have me feeling very optimistic!

Also the small matter of welcoming Ole back to OT with a thumping! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Also the small matter of welcoming Ole back to OT with a thumping! :)

And I forgot about that bit!!

Cannay wait man!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

EXCIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Only a mata of hours now before the special Juan walks out at old Trafford. I mata level of excitement now that can't be eclipsed, for Juan't of a better phrase.
    I'll take a Juan nil win now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Devil08 wrote: »
    Only a mata of hours now before the special Juan walks out at old Trafford. I mata level of excitement now that can't be eclipsed, for Juan't of a better phrase.
    I'll take a Juan nil win now

The puns have to stop now lads....really...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

cringey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Toni Kroos rumours doing the rounds again this morning, how long before he pens a new nice big deal with Bayern? - not long is my guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The Da Silva twins could be up against each other tonight......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Irishcrx wrote: »

Hopefully the performance doesn't Wayne late in the game and the lads can give Cardiff the Rooney-round right up until the final while. Robin the three points tonight is a must if we Juan to push for fourth.

Never. There's always room for Juan more. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fabio is suspended isn't it.

Edit: No. I think 3 games are done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don't think Fabio's deal has gone through yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

You're very active these days Saucy, for a new joiner.

ARE YOU HOMER IN DISGUISE!

Who? Long time lurker
    I post here so much these days is because the intelligence level is slightly above that of the GGMU brigade on facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Doubt if we'll allow either Zaha or Fabio to play against us lads.

Oh and happy Juan Mata day everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Wouldn't be so boring if they weren't the same puns every time. Think of some new ones at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Just like in the womb waaaahhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Adamcp898 wrote: »

Did I read we are charging Cardiff £1.5M for the loan deal? is that to cover wages and we still pay him or is it normal to charge for loanees?

Wouldn't be so boring if they weren't the same puns every time. Think of some new onesJuans at least.

Fixed that there for you. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

For some good entertainment check out the Transfer Betting on Skybet.
    Some absolutely shocking prices being displayed.
    http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/transfer-specials?aff=9718&dcmp=ss_betlink_transtab

We're favourite to sign Shaw (8/11), Kroos (9/4), Reus (2/1), Koke (5/6), Lallana (6/4), Herrera (2/1), Gundogan (2/1) & Coleman (9/2). And that only applies to THIS transfer window!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

fairly sure that fabio deal has not gone through yet so can play no part in the game. would have to have gone through by 12 yesterday going by what was said when we were signing mata

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Its a loan deal for Zaha he can't play against his parent club as per premier league rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I wonder was the lallana deal on the cards afterall until Mata became available..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bullvine wrote: »
    I wonder was the lallana deal on the cards afterall until Mata became available..

Or maybe it wasnt on the cards at all ;)

Some of us will breath a sign of a relief :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Anyone got the best link to stream the match tonight ? Tks

Please read the sticky thread regarding streams. Absolutely no mention of stream sharing is allowed anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If fabio's deal went through in time, he would. It's a permanent transfer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Really looking forward to tonight's game. Feeling optimistic about the rest of this season. I think we will get a top 3 finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Really looking forward to tonight's game. Feeling optimistic about the rest of this season. I think we will get a top 3 finish

Didnt think this was possible at all until a few days ago when I saw Arsenal's fixtures for the next 6/7 weeks. We'd literally need to play out of our skins though - could barley drop a point to get 3rd.

Now that is optimism at its very best .... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Ok not looking for a stream of tonight's match but looking for a channel anywhere in the world that's showing it. Any non uk/Ireland residents know of any?

Cheers,
    kalel

• Advertisement

Its going to be a very special night with Ole returning,he will get some reception!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Kalel wrote: »
    Ok not looking for a stream of tonight's match but looking for a channel anywhere in the world that's showing it. Any non uk/Ireland residents know of any?

Cheers,
    kalel

livesoccertv.com will show what channels around the world every match is on.

Tonight Match
    http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/821696/manchester-united-vs-cardiff-city/

Cheers,
    kalel
    C+ Multideporte 1 (19.2)
    C+ Futbol (19.2)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Cheers guys thanks..hopefully my new way of watching these matches will
    work as there's no way I can miss this game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

irishfeen wrote: »
    Toni Kroos rumours doing the rounds again this morning, how long before he pens a new nice big deal with Bayern? - not long is my guess.

He refused to rule out a move to United and said there are no plans to open talks on a new contract with Bayern as of yet. He said a decision will be made in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Cheers,
    kalel

Depends what country your in, below is the worldwide TV rights, taken from http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/latest-premier-league-broadcast-rights-deals.html
    Balkans: IMG Media >>
    Belgium: Telenet >>
    Bulgaria: Nova >>
    Brazil: Fox Sports & ESPN >>
    Canada: Sportsnet & TSN >>
    Caribbean: IMC >>
    China and Macau: Super Sports Media Group >>
    Czech Republic: AMI >>
    Finland: MTV MEDIA >>
    France: CANAL+ >>
    Germany: Sky >>
    Greece: OTE >>
    Hong Kong: PCCW >>
    Indonesia: MP & Silva >>
    Ireland: BSkyB and BT >>
    Italy: Pitch International >>
    Japan: IMG Media >>
    Middle East North Africa: Al Jazeera Sport >>
    Mongolia: IMG Media >>
    Netherlands: MP & Silva >>
    New Zealand: MP & Silva >>
    Pacific Islands: MP & Silva >>
    Poland: Canal+ Cyfrowy Poland >>
    Romania: Eurosport >>
    Russia: NTV-PLUS >>
    Ships and aeroplanes: IMG Media >>
    Slovakia: AMI >>
    South Africa, Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa: SuperSport >>
    South and Central America (excluding Brazil): DirecTV PanAmericana and SKY Mexico >>
    Spain: IMG >>
    Thailand, Cambodia and Laos: Cable Thai Holdings >>
    Turkey: Saran Media >>
    Ukraine: MP & Silva >>
    USA: NBC Sports Group >>
    UK: BSkyB & BT >>
    UK Long-Form Linear broadcast rights: BSkyB >>
    UK Near-Live clip rights: News International >>
    Vietnam: IMG Media >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

C+ Multideporte 1 (19.2)
    C+ Futbol (19.2)

Is this coming from a different satelitte than skys?

sawfish wrote: »
    Is this coming from a different satelitte than skys?
    Yeah sky channels (UK, Ire) run on Astra 28.2 while some/most German/French/Spanish channels run on Astra 19.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I find it absolutely mind boggling that in this day and age there are PL matches that can't be watched legally in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Irish Independent go with this line up for tonight

de Gea
    Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
    ----Cleverley--Fletcher--
    Valencia----Mata---Januzaj
    Rooney

We very much need a new midfielder this January,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Seen an ad in my local pub for the game, half tempted to stroll up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Irish Independent go with this line up for tonight

de Gea
    Rafael--Smalling--Evans--Evra
    ----Cleverley--Fletcher--
    Valencia----Mata---Januzaj
    Rooney

We very much need a new midfielder this January,

Even if we got just one Cm this window, that team would be hell of alot better. Id go as far to say id be shocked if we didnt get 4th

I find it absolutely mind boggling that in this day and age there are PL matches that can't be watched legally in this country.
    Having foreign subscriptions in Ireland is not illegal once its not a public broadcast (pubs) in accordance with a recent EU ruling on the matter.... but I do agree that the Premier League not making these games open to Ireland (we are the only ones with the UK) is completely ridiculous as we are a different territory - in fact I have wondered is it against EU free trade rules but that would require a case brought to Europe by Irish broadcasters/BAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Fabio deal did go through, he posted a picture on Instagram in cardiffs training ground wearing the training kit

Headshot wrote: »
    Even if we got just one Cm this window, that team would be hell of alot better. Id go as far to say id be shocked if we didnt get 4th
    If we do get 4th it would be a major turnaround - we have played shockingly bad up to this point but it actually can only get better with Rooney/RVP back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

[/B]
    Now that is optimism at its very best .... ;)
    I don't see why not. chelsea will be first city will finish second. we can get third. as has been said before arsenal will drop points. We are adding 3 world class players to this team right now. Rooney, Van persie and Mata. The way i see it Our season starts tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Fabio deal did go through, he posted a picture on Instagram in cardiffs training ground wearing the training kit

has not been confirmed by either club(just checked both sites) yet though likely meaning that it has not been confirmed to the FA in time(yesterday at 12 being the deadline)

I don't see why not. chelsea will be first city will finish second. we can get third. as has been said before arsenal will drop points. We are adding 3 world class players to this team right now. Rooney, Van persie and Mata. The way i see it Our season starts tonight.
    I really do hope you are right but we still have major problems in the team (CM,LB especially) and Mata, RVP and Rooney cannot mask that. I actually think City will run away with it, Chelsea second and Arsenal 3rd .... we will have to fight Liverpool, Everton and Spurs for 4th - all of whom are playing well... I don't think 4th is anyway beyond us but above 4th is, we have simply fell behind too much.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

that would more than likely mean UTD having to win 14 out of the 16 games remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Is it just me or does it seem like Sky Sports has way less premier league matches this season ?

Also tonight.. am I right in saying only 1 game is on TV ? Liverpool vs Everton on BT Sports ?

I know BT took some matches.. but Sky just seem to have nothing lately.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    that would more than likely mean UTD having to win 14 out of the 16 games remaining.
    Which is of course possible but unlikely.... Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea will all loose points - of that we can be sure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement